Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM8 Google Certified Android TV Box with Voice Remote - S905X Android 8.0 2/16GB VP9 HDR10 Dolby Audio YT 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jetstream AGT 418 STOCK

First issue
    WiFi issue
    I try to connect few WiFi network and it's always says connected good signal show and ip address but NO INTERNET CONNECTION.

2nd issue
    It's a stock box
    I insert a USB stick in either USB slot
    Is there a file manager on the stock Rom?
    Or ho can I install an apk?

Thanks to all advise

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

How do I reset this box av got one with no USB or sd card in boots straight to coreelec 9.2.0 av tried holding pin in reset button and putting power load in and just boots normal to coreelec av tried also sd and usb with android firmware KM8-ota-V0412.201806271453.zip but same happens all I want is to boot android any help

Comment

Better firmware for this? I can live without Google Certificate if I can keep google cast and get working - not dropping - Wifi

Comment

So, I don't know exactly when it happened, but my KM8 is now compatible with HD playback through Google Play Movies / YouTube Movies.

I've tested with all movies in my account, from 4 different studios (Warner, MGM, Universal and Paramount), and all kf them played in HD resolution.

If I had to guess I'd say it's because of the Android 9 Pie system update. But I can't say for sure. Maybe Google did something in their side.

The good thing is that now it's working.

Enviado de meu ASUS_X00TDB usando o Tapatalk

Comment

Jetstream AGT 418 STOCK

I want to get TWRP booted on this box and can't figure it out it's driving me nutz...

Any Help PLEASE !!!

Comment

• mo123
              mo123 commented
              Editing a comment
              You can't install TWRP or Magisk or root since your device is an official Google Certified device and has a locked bootloader, it's impossible to unlock it.
              Even if you could flash it, the Google security will ring alarm bells and refuse to boot anything and you will be left with a brick.
              Buy a normal Android media player if you want to use things like TWRP.

Originally posted by Team_Astr4y4L View Post
            Jetstream AGT 418 STOCK

I want to get TWRP booted on this box and can't figure it out it's driving me nutz...

Any Help PLEASE !!!
            NO!!! DON'T DO IT

Buy a Ugoos X3 if you want to do some STB customization to the ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

NO!!! DON'T DO IT

Buy a Ugoos X3 if you want to do some STB customization to the ROM.

well , if I can get TWRP to boot I plan to backup DRM and full firmware before I do anything else.
              I seen where someone else managed to get twrp on the box.
              I just need access to the /files so that I can add a few things to my box

Comment

• mo123
                mo123 commented
                Editing a comment
                You can't backup DRM with TWRP, it's stored on secure storage on these devices, not accessible by ordinary tools.

Hi, due to horrible wifi range in this tv box i decided to upgraded my Mecool KM8 to newest firmware S905X SoC (20190315)
              but unfortunately i cant pass remote pairing. I lost my oryginal remote and using spare USB one. It recodnize it becouse i can use volume up etc. but holding "-" and "ok" button doesnt work. i presume there is something wrong with this update. Any ides? currently i am using corelec but i would prefer to go back to android any chance to downgrade firmware?

Click image for larger version

Name:	k3IL4vw.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	805438
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMorra View Post
                Hi, due to horrible wifi range in this tv box i decided to upgraded my Mecool KM8 to newest firmware S905X SoC (20190315)
                but unfortunately i cant pass remote pairing. I lost my oryginal remote and using spare USB one. It recodnize it becouse i can use volume up etc. but holding "-" and "ok" button doesnt work. i presume there is something wrong with this update. Any ides? currently i am using corelec but i would prefer to go back to android any chance to downgrade firmware?
                The device pairing will work with any BLUETOOTH REMOTE, you don't have to have the original remote, I have bypassed that Remote Login page with two different non-factory remotes for AndriodTV firmware as long as they are Bluetooth and You know how to enter the Pairing Mode of the remote you will get past that page, the 2 remotes that I have tested this with are a generic Alfawise BT remote and the Amazon Firestick BT remote, both have different key-combos to enter pairing mode.

You can also buy a new remote from Banggood.com or Aliexpress

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                  The device pairing will work with any BLUETOOTH REMOTE, you don't have to have the original remote, I have bypassed that Remote Login page with two different non-factory remotes for AndriodTV firmware as long as they are Bluetooth and You know how to enter the Pairing Mode of the remote you will get past that page, the 2 remotes that I have tested this with are a generic Alfawise BT remote and the Amazon Firestick BT remote, both have different key-combos to enter pairing mode.

You can also buy a new remote from Banggood.com or Aliexpress
                  unfortunately i tried several remotes and nothing works : (

Comment

Anyone one using custom rom with this? Better than the stock? Tell me more.

Comment

I cannot seem to find how to switch on the on-screen keyboard for my mecool Mk8 Android box there must be a way to do it can someone help me

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd g View Post
                        I cannot seem to find how to switch on the on-screen keyboard for my mecool Mk8 Android box there must be a way to do it can someone help me
                        Magenta or mo123 adress this issue somewhere. You need to flash the vendor keyboard in your recovery, if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd g View Post
                          Did you try with installing Keyboard for Android TV

Comment

Working...
                          X