Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

MECOOL KM9 Android TV OS TV Box with Voice Remote
    Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4GB LPDDR4 + 32GB ROM 2.4G + 5G WiFi 100Mbps BT4.1

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181024173941_52019.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	749517

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181024173945_13440.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.1 KB ID:	749518
    Main Features
    ● Amlogic S905X2 CPU, Quad core, ARM Cortex-A53
    ● Mail-G31 MP2 GPU
    ● 4GB LPDDR4 + 32GB ROM
    ● Support 4K ultra HD image
    ● Support H.265 decoding
    ● 2.4 + 5GHz dual band WiFi

Gearbest

Just to keep it some form or order will update the First Post.

Thanks to Gearbest we can have a closer look the MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1
    With all the things it can't do, never advertised it could do a lot that has been mentioned..
    Let's have a bit of a look

The Box:

What's is the Box:

Ports well Not many but enough:

Now let's see what is has on the Insides

Remove the Lid, not a lot to see

Remove the PCB: Reset button behind Audio socket, upside down PCB good use again, weight block as heatsink

Close up of the Bits, Something groovy going happening with that side connector, maybe seen ithis PCB n another form.

A good Comparison test read can be found here >> Freaktab <<

To continue with some test and whatever we can get to work
    Let's continue on..

Setup I found good and easy, thru you Google account Tablet or Phone
    Like any Certified Unit would have, and Wifi all good
    Box appears nice and cool with that big hunk of metal you would hope so.

Remote works well with ether Voice or as a remote all good

Being ATV no upper or Lower, and No Root access.
    Play Store all good, Unit in general nice and Zippy

As already mentioned in this thread about Netflix and what it can and cant do.
    We can just leave that there, wait and see I guess.
    And the same I guess with other Video and Audio formats that may be having issues

Have mentioned before, have one Legit Box, be it Mi Box, Amazon or Shield and others and one to ticker with.
    Looks like at present this will be a tinker with device. Should do good for what its has to offer.

Running 4gb of Ram and 32gb storage plenty room for things to happen.

When and If the Devs get onto this, things may get better.

I note the LED on front do a bit of a colour thing from Blue to Cyan to Green
    When chatting Hello Google (or its Listening) it does a Multi colour

Also note it has a Sideload Launcher for Apps that well you Sideload and need to Launch.

I finding much the same as any ATV Box running A8 and above
    Nothing new or different really, settings all much the same.
    No hidden features found as yet

The Installed TV Centre I browsed for some Video Demos Played well I found for my needs
    Same With Plex no problems

On with a bit of Show and Tell

First Boot

Installed Apps

Side Launcher

System Info and Stuff: gif

All up to date

Ram and Storage Truth

Wifi

CPU-Z: gif

Gennkbench4: gif

Widevine L1 etc

3dMark: gif

Antutu: Failed main test, Re-installed from another location all good.

SD Card Test good looking speeds:

To summarise so far this box is pretty good for what it has to offer.
    Speed is Good, Real Cool, Voice remote, all works well and has a good feel.
    Not sure what all the fuss what about really...as advertised
    It might not be able to do it all, but I don't think you will be that disappointed

Thanks to Gearbest
    Last edited by trebor; 12-01-2018, 22:48. Reason: update
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Would be nice to see if this one supports HD Netflix after all.
    With no workarounds and patches. With official license.

Comment

Yup, still awaiting confirmation from users or sellers

Comment

According to Gearbest customer service, the Mecool KM9 is fully Google certified, and supports Netflix TV up to 4K out of the box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mecool KM9 certified.png
Views:	6674
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	750226

Comment

Wow!!! Up Netflix 4k ultra? Then i supposed it should manage Amazon prime 4k & DirectTV 4k too?

Comment

I won't trust anything from Mecool unless there is 100% proof.
            Just wonder how support will be as it was non existent for the KM8 device.
            Maybe they are using Amlogic Google Certified firmware directly, don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
              I have to agree with Mo, I wont believe it until I see it.

However, Mecool, keeps raising the bar on what these inexpensive devices can do. They were the first to support Widevine Level 1, first to support Netflix in 1080P HD, and first to actually support a Google Certified device with the KM8. However, they never followed through with the firmware on the KM8. Of course, I side loaded an Android TV OS version of Netflix that DOES play in 1080p HD. Also, by having an UNlocked bootloader, it makes it possible to dual boot another OS, which is fantastic. So, it is a trade off.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Orman View Post
                According to Gearbest customer service, the Mecool KM9 is fully Google certified, and supports Netflix TV up to 4K out of the box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mecool KM9 certified.png
Views:	6674
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	750226
                But on the Gearbest website, they never mention being Google Certified, or supporting Netflix in HD, much less 4k. But, I have already ordered one, so have my fingers crossed that you are correct.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

But on the Gearbest website, they never mention being Google Certified, or supporting Netflix in HD, much less 4k. But, I have already ordered one, so have my fingers crossed that you are correct.
                  I asked the very same question to Geekbuying's customer support. They also confirmed that it indeed supports Netflix TV up to 4K out of the box. However, they were not a 100% sure if it's officially Google certified. But getting Netflix to play at 4K (with Dolby Digital?) without the proper certifications from both Netflix and Google is no easy task. So i'm assuming this time around, it's actually certified for both.

Since this is what made most people stay away from the KM8, because of its non-existent Netflix support, and a questionable "certified" Android TV firmware. I'm assuming this is why they're already releasing a new version, and with killer specs. To finally "get it right", and make a proper legit Android TV box. But this is all speculation so far, like you, i also find it odd that none of these online stores mention Netflix support or Google certification anywhere on their product page.

We'll wait and see though, keep us updated when you receive yours.

Comment

Bit of a deal happening:

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                      Cancelled my order and re-ordered it with the coupon, saving $11 USD. Of course, since I had already allocated that extra money, I chose the faster DHL for shipping. I am cheap and ALWAYS go with free shipping.

Thank you again, Trebor.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                        I will only start trusting anything with a AMLogic SoC, running Android TV Oreo - when devices sell thru Legit retail channels in the USA or other Western countries, that have consumer product protection laws. So you can very easily return defective devices after being suckered in by BS Chinese marketing.
                        I've started an important Firmware awareness post over on the Kodi forums recently to weed out the Flashy BS Marketing - poorly support devices:

(Some well known Android device seller names will surprise you !)

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...170#pid2192170

Comment

Maybe you can also add if a device is Google Certified with a locked bootloader(lots of S905x devices) users won't be able to run LibreELEC.
                          I also see lots of devices on Gearbest, Geekbuying and other sites marketed as 1 gigabit ethernet while they only have 100 mbps ethernet, seems this is another way to cut costs and market devices better than they actually are, users will only find out after they've bought a device.

Comment

If it was not for these Cheap, Ones to Avoid as mentioned in your post, or the interest they have caused
                            How boring would it be, why pay $$$ when $$ can almost do the job,
                            Two side two every coin
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Damned! Hope you get yours & do a quicky review especially on 4k netflix, Prime etc before the coupon expire on 11.11. Potential buyer here too...

Comment

Working...
                              X