Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

s905 Not recognised by o/s (No Beep when connected)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s905 Not recognised by o/s (No Beep when connected)

I needed to unbrick my Easytone Amlogic s905 Android Player - I eventually managed by following on of the u-Tube "unbricking procedures" - rebooting by shorting the nand chip. I then uploaded the wrong (!!!!) firmware - it works but the WiFi button is greyed out and I really need to be able to use WiFi - I have the Amlogic USB burner tool but whatever I try the TV box isn't recognised when I plug it in to the PC (I've tried on win10 and win7 but not - yet - XPPro). Has anyone had the same experience and how did they sort it out please>

Hi I need to upgrade the firmware on my EASYTONE Android TV BOX Android 5.1 Quad Core 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Support DLNA 3D 4K 1000 LAN 2.4G/5GHz Dual Band Wifi
    S905x Amlogic. I have downloaded the USB Burning tool so that I can upload the firmware but my PC won't recognise the TV box when I plug it in to a USB port - I am obviously missing a USB driver - can anyone point me to a link where I can find the driver? Thanks Jean

Comment

Originally posted by krisomilo View Post
      Hi I need to upgrade the firmware on my EASYTONE Android TV BOX Android 5.1 Quad Core 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Support DLNA 3D 4K 1000 LAN 2.4G/5GHz Dual Band Wifi
      S905x Amlogic. I have downloaded the USB Burning tool so that I can upload the firmware but my PC won't recognise the TV box when I plug it in to a USB port - I am obviously missing a USB driver - can anyone point me to a link where I can find the driver? Thanks Jean
      Hi Welcome to freaktab,

Look in your USB burning tool folder for WorldCupDevice then installDriver.

Uninstall first then install

Blinky
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Hi - Thanks I found it (thought it had something weird to do with football !!) - But couldn't find an uninstall command so just installed. Of course it didn't work (as you warned) and isn't recognised (no beep) when I plug it in. Is it dependent on the type of USB port the device in plugged in to?

Comment

Hi (again) I looked about in the sub-folders and found a number of dll - typically libusb0.dll and have tried to register them using regsvr32 c://windows/system32/libusb0.dll (I copied the dll to the system32 folder) but it fails to register so I've not got any further yet! Help!

Comment

Originally posted by krisomilo
            I have downloaded a firmware which altho working is not completely right for my Amlogic 905 - the main thing is the WiFi button is greyed out. Trouble is I cannot get the USB burner to recognise the device and so I cannot upgrade the image to the correct one which I think is aml_upgrade_package.img - I have tried everything I know including shorting the nand chip and various procedures for reseting the device - no luck with any of these. Basically I cannot get the device to be recognised - there is no "beep" when I connect it to my PC - I am running win10 Any guidance please? Jean
            K... You need to get a Existing thread under your specific chip, OR your tools of choice you use.
            THAT IS WHERE YOU CAN FIND THE BEST, or only, Help!
            Try that please.
            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Thanks ClarkKent - what do you mean about the boxes? Or is that something else??

Comment

If you look through the forums index,
                Under amlogic devices, you can probably find the same device, rom, issue, or pc flashing tool subject being discussed Already.
                Join in there,... and you'll get positive feedback
                You're lost here, all by yourself.

My suggestion, forum works that way.

What is the box model, and rom?
                Where did you find the rom
                Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

OK thanks - I have posted in the s905 Amlogic forum but maybe need to add some more info as you suggest - thanks again

Comment

I was recommended to give more info which I should have done first - Apologies! My box is a EASYTONE Android TV BOX Android 5.1 Quad Core 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Support DLNA 3D 4K 1000 LAN 2.4G/5GHz Dual Band Wifi it came with Android 5.1 Lollipop OS, powered by Amlogic Quad core Cortex A53, includes a Penta-Core GPU. I tried to update the firmware (it was recommended) it jammed I eventually unbricked it but mistakenly loaded an old kernel it01@ubuntu #1 Fri May 6 18:11:14 CST 2016 (!!!!!) The build is SuperCeleron v1.0 The problems I am having are that the WiFi is switched off and doesn't not switch on when I click on "on" in system settings and also the remote only works to switch "on" or "off" - and yes I have changed the batteries! So my issue is how do I get the device to be recognised by the PC so that I can reload the correct firmware.

Comment

OK thanks - I have posted in the s905 Amlogic forum but maybe need to add some more info as you suggest - thanks again
                      Hi ,

first please no double Threads , look like already 3 exist , later i delete the not needed once okay & move

the Post from here to the one you made in S905 , okay , good luck to restore your Box ,

Happy new Year / greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi - There were so many items in the s905 I got lost scrolling through them all - anyway I have improved that post with information recommended but don't understand how to move this thread to the other thread - Thanks for you wishes - hope I can sort it out (there is a long history behind all this)! Jean

Comment

Hi - There were so many items in the s905 I got lost scrolling through them all - anyway I have improved that post with information recommended but don't understand how to move this thread to the other thread - Thanks for you wishes - hope I can sort it out (there is a long history behind all this)! Jean
                          Hi ,

i moved the "upgrade Firmware" posts to this one , better here then in "Main" , but was there not

a third one made by you ??? , maybe already deleted by someone else ??? ,

about your Problem , please post Pictures of PCB , both sides , nearby , good Quality , otherwise

Users can not help as possible , i think you only need a Rom with the right Wifidrivers ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

once more , as you can see the "Device Drivers" Thread too ,

better , / greetings / gefattern

Comment

OK I'll deal with this later today - thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X