MAGICSEE Iron Amlogic 905x 2/16GB Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAGICSEE Iron Amlogic 905x 2/16GB Problem

I tried to boot this (brand new) player from micro SD using libreelec but used the wrong device tree file and the machine froze on the "iron" screen. When i used the correct one i could not get past the LE "welcome" screen - the remote was unresponsive. I tried coreelec but the result was the same. Then i booted into android> kodi but when i tried to open a video file on a connected HDD i got "kodi has stopped" "open app again".

Did i screw up something with the wrong device tree file? What should i do next? Flash the firmware? I've installed the burning tool on my laptop, managed to connect the player and I've found three firmwares. But i don't know which to use. I've contacted magicsee to ask, but have had no reply. I've asked for help on the LE forum but had no luck there either.

I'm not at all a techie and would be very grateful for any assistance anyone here could give me.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Bully_9 View Post
    I tried to boot this (brand new) player from micro SD using libreelec but used the wrong device tree file and the machine froze on the "iron" screen. When i used the correct one i could not get past the LE "welcome" screen - the remote was unresponsive. I tried coreelec but the result was the same. Then i booted into android> kodi but when i tried to open a video file on a connected HDD i got "kodi has stopped" "open app again".

Did i screw up something with the wrong device tree file? What should i do next? Flash the firmware? I've installed the burning tool on my laptop, managed to connect the player and I've found three firmwares. But i don't know which to use. I've contacted magicsee to ask, but have had no reply. I've asked for help on the LE forum but had no luck there either.

I'm not at all a techie and would be very grateful for any assistance anyone here could give me.

Thanks.

Hi ,

what Roms did you download , do they fit with your Box , same Name .... ???

and why do you think that now somthing is corrupted in Kodi , did the same file

worked before ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi Gefattern - thanks very much for the response.

i didn't mention i had uninstalled Krypton that came with the box and tried Jarvis. I have since uninstalled Jarvis intending to reinstall Krypton, but i don't think Kryton had uninstalled as it was still 'there'. Anyway, uninstalling Jarvis cured the problem of not playing from the HDD which it does in Krypton/Android now.

But the fundamental problem with running LE from SD card remains and i hope a firmware flash will fix it. All firmwares have IRON_s905x as a prefix and a date in the filename. The oldest (20170630) and newest (20180727) are from Magicsee and 20171125 is via androidtvbox.eu.

I've emailed Magicsee again for guidance but would be happy to hear any other possible solutions to the LE from SD problem.

Comment

Hi Gefattern - thanks very much for the response.

i didn't mention i had uninstalled Krypton that came with the box and tried Jarvis. I have since uninstalled Jarvis intending to reinstall Krypton, but i don't think Kryton had uninstalled as it was still 'there'. Anyway, uninstalling Jarvis cured the problem of not playing from the HDD which it does in Krypton/Android now.

But the fundamental problem with running LE from SD card remains and i hope a firmware flash will fix it. All firmwares have IRON_s905x as a prefix and a date in the filename. The oldest (20170630) and newest (20180727) are from Magicsee and 20171125 is via androidtvbox.eu.

I've emailed Magicsee again for guidance but would be happy to hear any other possible solutions to the LE from SD problem.

Hi ,

i think you only took the wrong dtb.file , with correct one you shall have no Problems with boot up

of LE from SD , try to find the correct one , good luck / gefattern

Comment

No, i found the correct dtb file, i don't think that's that's the problem.

I first used gxl_p212_1g.dtb by mistake. With this dtb file the boot never happened at all. It just stuck on the "iron" logo.

When i used gxl_p212_2g.dtb - which i'm sure is the correct one - it booted all the way to the LE welcome screen but then froze.

Comment

No, i found the correct dtb file, i don't think that's that's the problem.

I first used gxl_p212_1g.dtb by mistake. With this dtb file the boot never happened at all. It just stuck on the "iron" logo.

When i used gxl_p212_2g.dtb - which i'm sure is the correct one - it booted all the way to the LE welcome screen but then froze.

HI ,

did you use a good SDCard with enough Space ??? , maybe this was the Problem ???

what does the LE forum say ??? do not think that you must flash new FW , but if you

want or think it could help , BUT always backup your Data & Apps ,

further good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi - Samsung evo+ 32gb. The LE forum came up with one cryptic comment about using a keyboard remote for which i asked clarification - no reply. Which is why i thought i'd try here. There is a discussion thread here but it's rather confusing and nothing i can use. So, I'm not sure i'm any closer, but i've had a friendly attempt to be constructive anyway :-)

I've no idea how to back up but as it's a brand new box i'm not sure there's anything worth keeping. If i don't hear back from Magicsee i'll try to flash what appears to be the latest firmware tomorrow.

Comment

Hi - Samsung evo+ 32gb. The LE forum came up with one cryptic comment about using a keyboard remote for which i asked clarification - no reply. Which is why i thought i'd try here. There is a discussion thread here but it's rather confusing and nothing i can use. So, I'm not sure i'm any closer, but i've had a friendly attempt to be constructive anyway :-)

I've no idea how to back up but as it's a brand new box i'm not sure there's anything worth keeping. If i don't hear back from Magicsee i'll try to flash what appears to be the latest firmware tomorrow.

Hi ,

the SD is okay , i think , for sure with FAT32 , like needed , the Guy means a AirMouse ,

look :

do you have "root" , then backup is easy , only Apps can be backup with "Easy App Backup" App from PStore ,

any Questions ask here or in the specific Thread , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Thanks for the links. I've already flashed a Suinvell S905 using the burning tool, so i'm reasonably confident i can do that OK. And it ran LE perfectly until i dropped it :-( which is why i bought the Magicsee.

I also have a Minix u9H which boots perfectly into LE from a SD. Neither of the Sunvell nor the Minix required a airmouse to install or run LE and i've not seen it suggested anywhere else that a Magicsee does.

Comment

Working...
                  X