Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT TV BOX X96 Original Firmware? 2/16 Gb (S905X) Q5X V2.1 16483

Hi all!
    First of all, respect for all those who manage to keep these Chinese toys alive.
    I did some crap and I managed to kill my android box. I try my best to find a firmware that will bring it back to my life but I can't. Dead links, the vast majority, others blocked at 7%. Some just don't want to boot. However, I managed to install some images. I tested X5 Pro, AtvXperience (several versions) ... and a few more Russian images, even Mods. I also tried Chinese versions that do not work on my device. (It seems that this type of board exists under several brands and the vast majority are clones to clones - Chinese business).
    Respect for the creators and for their special work, but on my device nothing compares to the original version.

On each version I tested, the live streaming is not at the quality of the original version. Sometimes frames are missing, sometimes the image shakes very fine. I tried different ways to configure it but it doesn't work the way it did at first. The closest to the truth were the Russian variants, but even those began to tremble (fine) after 10 -15 -20 minutes of operation, which did not happen before. (I use this device a lot for online streaming.) Also what I noticed is that none of the images I tested have a Chinese h265 codec.

I still want to rewrite the original image for this X96, even if it looks horrible. Maybe someone still has it saved somewhere. I can't wait to look .... I've been doing it for a week without success.

I would prefer an image though because with the upgrade package it doesn't work out for me.
    If you no longer have the original image (the one with that hateful black ...), I am grateful if you would recommend me something that works as well as the original. Simple and good. A ... and one more thing ... 100% for Q5X V2.1 16483 OTT TV BOX 2/16 X96.

I use USB Burning Tool V2.2.0. Is there a difference between Erase Flash Normal and Erase All? What does the Whethear overwrite key option do? How good would it be to burn an image? Erase All mode? Normal? With Whether overwrite key marked? or without?

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by nmniculescu; 06-12-2020, 22:17.

Originally posted by nmniculescu View Post
    ...and a few more Russian images...
    X96 thread [4PDA.ru] e.g. firmware

Comment

Hi all!
      First of all, respect for all those who manage to keep these Chinese toys alive.
      I did some crap and I managed to kill my android box. I try my best to find a firmware that will bring it back to my life but I can't. Dead links, the vast majority, others blocked at 7%. Some just don't want to boot. However, I managed to install some images. I tested X5 Pro, AtvXperience (several versions) ... and a few more Russian images, even Mods. I also tried Chinese versions that do not work on my device. (It seems that this type of board exists under several brands and the vast majority are clones to clones - Chinese business).
      Respect for the creators and for their special work, but on my device nothing compares to the original version.

On each version I tested, the live streaming is not at the quality of the original version. Sometimes frames are missing, sometimes the image shakes very fine. I tried different ways to configure it but it doesn't work the way it did at first. The closest to the truth were the Russian variants, but even those began to tremble (fine) after 10 -15 -20 minutes of operation, which did not happen before. (I use this device a lot for online streaming.) Also what I noticed is that none of the images I tested have a Chinese h265 codec, the vast majority use a forced h264 to the maximum.

I still want to rewrite the original image for this X96, even if it looks horrible. Maybe someone still has it saved somewhere. I can't wait to look .... I've been doing it for a week without success.
      I would prefer an image though because with the upgrade package it doesn't work out for me.
      If you no longer have the original image (the one with that hateful black ...), I am grateful if you would recommend me something that works as well as the original. Simple and good. A ... and one more thing ... 100% for Q5X V2.1 16483 OTT TV BOX 2/16 X96.

I use USB Burning Tool V2.2.0. Is there a difference between Erase Flash Normal and Erase All? What does the Whethear overwrite key option do? How good would it be to burn an image? Erase All mode? Normal? With Whether overwrite key marked? or without?

Thank you very much.
      You can try my rom, no gaurantees but did work on someone elses x96, but like you said "clones of clones" haha, and you managed to brick your box, have you tried the pin short method?

You should always use Erase Normal
      and you should NEVER select overwrite keys, this will irreversibly remove DRM (like HDCP Keys & L1 Widevine keys if your device supports it)

Also someone else with a x96 (clone probably) has issues and i got a firmware from him that i am going to modify, if my rom doesn't work in a day or 2 i will have a updated version for x96 box

Download link in description
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uci6Rl70t4
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200511-174524.png Views:	0 Size:	308.3 KB ID:	807822

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
        I thank you from the bottom of my heart! No matter where they come from, I see that the Russians are good. I'll give it a try. So far, the Russian versions have been much better than the Chinese ones.

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post

You can try my rom, no gaurantees but did work on someone elses x96, but like you said "clones of clones" haha, and you managed to brick your box, have you tried the pin short method?

and you should NEVER select overwrite keys, this will irreversibly remove DRM (like HDCP Keys & L1 Widevine keys if your device supports it)

Also someone else with a x96 (clone probably) has issues and i got a firmware from him that i am going to modify, if my rom doesn't work in a day or 2 i will have a updated version for x96 box

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200511-174524.png Views:	0 Size:	308.3 KB ID:	807822
          I will do a test tonight. Thank you very much for your help. I kept reading on the net and it seems that an original version is almost impossible to find. All I have to do is try different options and see which is the best for live streaming. Thanks for help.

Please let me know when you have modified. I have to try everything until I find something ok.

the pin short method... Have not tried. And I don't feel very well ... to do that. I do not know why...
          Last edited by nmniculescu; 06-11-2020, 18:56.

Comment

I will do a test tonight. Thank you very much for your help. I kept reading on the net and it seems that an original version is almost impossible to find. All I have to do is try different options and see which is the best for live streaming. Thanks for help.

Please let me know when you have modified. I have to try everything until I find something ok.

the pin short method... Have not tried. And I don't feel very well ... to do that. I do not know why...
            I will do and yhea it can be daunting to start shorting pins haha

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
              I tried, it works almost well. The only problem I have is with YouTube content. I can't run anything in 4k. I don't even have this option for clips that were previously available. I tried to delete the application and reinstall it. Same problem. As for live streaming, everything goes ok for 5 minutes, then the image starts to tremble slightly, frames are lost ... it's a bit strange to explain. It can be watched in a short time but you go crazy.
              Aaa ..... the bottom bar doesn't disappear at all. Only Youtube has so far managed to cover it in full screen mode.
              I don't want it to work perfectly, I don't have this claim ... but just a little better.
              Thank you. If you have new ideas compatible with my toy, I look forward to them.

Comment

I will do and yhea it can be daunting to start shorting pins haha
                shorting pins .... I'm afraid I swear! Now I am preparing to test the image I received from you. I mean, right now it's being written.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200511-174524.png Views:	0 Size:	308.3 KB ID:	807822
                  OK..
                  Let's start it...
                  It is one of the best images used so far .... and believe me... I tested at least 30 pieces. (Some were not written, I received an error at 7%. Others were too heavy ... they loaded hard, they moved hard, they filled the memory quickly. Others were NOT able to play live streaming other than very jerky. For others Youtube was limited to 720p others to 1080p. Some without google play services. Others with annoying and frequent errors.)
                  I would like to say that the best but some small problems exist.
                  I like... it coming empty. You have the freedom to install what your muscle wants on it, without deleting a lot of unnecessary applications.
                  It's super easy to use.
                  YOUTUBE I managed to see several 4k videos. It loads fast. Unimaginably fast. I mean ... they didn't load on the original version that fast either. He misses a few more frames ... rarely ... but he misses them. But rarely. In high-action images, it's a little more fun ... but it's okay. (It can be attributed to the speed of the internet or the still quite old technology of the Chinese box) - but I am satisfied with the quality of youtube. Finally.
                  LIVE STREEAMING apps ... It's clear ... much better. It's all finer. In dark and slow images it works. BUT in action images that tremor appears again ... I don't know why. I don't know who to blame ... Codecs, renderings, drivers? I do not know what to say. This situation completely overwhelms me.

It's a great picture. I mean, I think she's the most successful so far. I'd like to keep it. But I would be happy if the live streaming part would be fixed. I think in the end it's about some settings ... or some software or decompression. I don't know how I could send you some videos so you can better understand what I'm saying. I don't know the terminology to explain it better. Maybe saying the image was shaking or not smooth ... maybe I'm not expressing myself well.
                  In terms of memory, it consumes more than the other variants of tested images (dedicated, say the Chinese, for this board), but it still moves well. (1.2 - 1.3GB - The other under 1GB).
                  The remote control works ok. Even after Power Off. Which is more than ok.
                  I'm missing that quick memory clean button. It can help keep many unnecessary applications open after switching between them.
                  Maybe an idea comes up with what I could do in live streaming to not have that no smooth effect.
                  Thank you
                  It's successful! Congratulations!
                  ------------------------------------------------------
                  Almost forgot.....
                  I also received an internet disconnection error. Only one. That's a good sign. Usually with many versions I received more often.
                  I think it can also be from ipv6 ... that's how I read on the forums ... but I don't know. There was only one: D in an hour and a half.

Comment

OK..
                    Let's start it...
                    It is one of the best images used so far .... and believe me... I tested at least 30 pieces. (Some were not written, I received an error at 7%. Others were too heavy ... they loaded hard, they moved hard, they filled the memory quickly. Others were NOT able to play live streaming other than very jerky. For others Youtube was limited to 720p others to 1080p. Some without google play services. Others with annoying and frequent errors.)
                    I would like to say that the best but some small problems exist.
                    I like... it coming empty. You have the freedom to install what your muscle wants on it, without deleting a lot of unnecessary applications.
                    It's super easy to use.
                    YOUTUBE I managed to see several 4k videos. It loads fast. Unimaginably fast. I mean ... they didn't load on the original version that fast either. He misses a few more frames ... rarely ... but he misses them. But rarely. In high-action images, it's a little more fun ... but it's okay. (It can be attributed to the speed of the internet or the still quite old technology of the Chinese box) - but I am satisfied with the quality of youtube. Finally.
                    LIVE STREEAMING apps ... It's clear ... much better. It's all finer. In dark and slow images it works. BUT in action images that tremor appears again ... I don't know why. I don't know who to blame ... Codecs, renderings, drivers? I do not know what to say. This situation completely overwhelms me.

It's a great picture. I mean, I think she's the most successful so far. I'd like to keep it. But I would be happy if the live streaming part would be fixed. I think in the end it's about some settings ... or some software or decompression. I don't know how I could send you some videos so you can better understand what I'm saying. I don't know the terminology to explain it better. Maybe saying the image was shaking or not smooth ... maybe I'm not expressing myself well.
                    In terms of memory, it consumes more than the other variants of tested images (dedicated, say the Chinese, for this board), but it still moves well. (1.2 - 1.3GB - The other under 1GB).
                    The remote control works ok. Even after Power Off. Which is more than ok.
                    I'm missing that quick memory clean button. It can help keep many unnecessary applications open after switching between them.
                    Maybe an idea comes up with what I could do in live streaming to not have that no smooth effect.
                    Thank you
                    It's successful! Congratulations!
                    ------------------------------------------------------
                    Almost forgot.....
                    I also received an internet disconnection error. Only one. That's a good sign. Usually with many versions I received more often.
                    I think it can also be from ipv6 ... that's how I read on the forums ... but I don't know. There was only one: D in an hour and a half.
                    Thanks yhea there is just these few little annoyances that i would like to fix, hopefully not reaching the limits of my knowledge (2 months of trial and error and reading)

My own wifi chip is really unstable so i just resorted to wired

Yhea it uses less on 1GB boxes but the side effect is that as soon as you press home apps are booted out of memory instantly (and on 2gb boxes it will keep some in RAM for fast app switching)

For YouTube install "Smart YouTube TV" it supports 4k and removes ads too (assuming you haven't already), interesting i would like to dig deeper, not sure i can actually figure anything out that deep but what app (and a particular video that is bad for you) you seeing this in and i can try and reproduce the issue as i haven't noticed that yet

"I'm missing that quick memory clean button. It can help keep many unnecessary applications open after switching between them"
                    Sorry im not sure what you mean by that?

You could maybe try disable ipv6 in your router (might try that myself out of curiosity)

Comment

Thanks yhea there is just these few little annoyances that i would like to fix, hopefully not reaching the limits of my knowledge (2 months of trial and error and reading)

My own wifi chip is really unstable so i just resorted to wired

Yhea it uses less on 1GB boxes but the side effect is that as soon as you press home apps are booted out of memory instantly (and on 2gb boxes it will keep some in RAM for fast app switching)

For YouTube install "Smart YouTube TV" it supports 4k and removes ads too (assuming you haven't already), interesting i would like to dig deeper, not sure i can actually figure anything out that deep but what app (and a particular video that is bad for you) you seeing this in and i can try and reproduce the issue as i haven't noticed that yet

"I'm missing that quick memory clean button. It can help keep many unnecessary applications open after switching between them"
                      Sorry im not sure what you mean by that?

You could maybe try disable ipv6 in your router (might try that myself out of curiosity)

Howdy. I also tested how it behaves overnight, leaving live streaming Deutsche App ARD Mediathek. Something happened with wifi about 2 times. It doesn't disconnect but it just doesn't see the connection anymore. When I hit play again ... it restarts without a problem. Interesting. The thing with ipv6 I read on other forums that it would be a solution ... as you say the restriction only to ipv4. I don't know how to do it from rooter. (I modified the rooter 2 months ago and I was without internet for a week until a technician came).
                      Youtube works ok. No problem. 4k is super ok for this box in Youtube.

Live streaming is problematic, but it's much better than other tested images.
                      From my side only these 2 problems with wifi and live streaming. The rest is super power.

Comment

Howdy. I also tested how it behaves overnight, leaving live streaming Deutsche App ARD Mediathek. Something happened with wifi about 2 times. It doesn't disconnect but it just doesn't see the connection anymore. When I hit play again ... it restarts without a problem. Interesting. The thing with ipv6 I read on other forums that it would be a solution ... as you say the restriction only to ipv4. I don't know how to do it from rooter. (I modified the rooter 2 months ago and I was without internet for a week until a technician came).
                        Youtube works ok. No problem. 4k is super ok for this box in Youtube.

Live streaming is problematic, but it's much better than other tested images.
                        From my side only these 2 problems with wifi and live streaming. The rest is super power.
                        ooft a week without internet sounds like hell, thanks for the feedback

Comment

Thanks! I would have liked to test it but with so many ads and redirects, I couldn't download it

Comment

Good evening I have x96max plus 4/32 Q5x3 v4.1 I stitched, it turned out from the fourth-fifth time. When I connect my console to my laptop everythigh was fine,laptop finds the console,console firmware by laptop was done from the first try, but at the same time the console stops turning on and there is no indication on it.
                            External power source on my console - 5V, first internal power source - 3,3V, second internal power source which should be 5V is vawing from 0 to 5V.
                            Please tell me what to do to stabilise second power source, so my console will began work again.
                            Thank you in advance.
                            Last edited by tarasenkovadim; 06-01-2021, 19:25.

Comment

Working...
                            X