Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DV8220 - S905X - 1GB/8GB - RL8189FTV - Custom firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DV8220 - S905X - 1GB/8GB - RL8189FTV - Custom firmware?

Does anyone know which alternate firmwares could be flashed on a DV8220 STB from SDMC? For instance, is it supported by something like coreElec (not a limiting choice)? I am afraid the box has not been widely used, and therefore has not attracted much fan work on it.
    • SoC: Amlogic S905X
    • DDR3: Samsung K4B4G1646E-BCMA 1GB
    • eMMC: Samsung KLM8G1WEPD-B031 8GB
    • 802.11b/g/n: Realtek 8189FTV

The data sheet is here: http://www.sdmctv.com/uploads/201611...8358245496.pdf

Some names that the box is sold under:
    I failed to upload pictures of the PCB to the forum.

EDIT: link to the datasheet added.

My cutom ROM should work BUT the Tuner will probably not work if you can provide a copy of the facory firmware i can look at extracting drivers if it dont work but its no gaurantees, just make sure you have the factory ROM to return to

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post
      My cutom ROM should work BUT the Tuner will probably not work if you can provide a copy of the facory firmware i can look at extracting drivers if it dont work but its no gaurantees, just make sure you have the factory ROM to return to
      Which android version is your custom rom?

Comment

its android TV 7.1.2, nougat is stable and it has the best compatibility with the most boxes so it's universal on s905x devices (90% of devices) you can see it here if your interested

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post
          its android TV 7.1.2, nougat is stable and it has the best compatibility with the most boxes so it's universal on s905x devices (90% of devices) you can see it here if your interested

https://youtu.be/0uci6Rl70t4
          What about atv 9?

Comment

Originally posted by rime777 View Post

What about atv 9?
            I do intend to work in a pie rom, it requires me to learn a while new set of linux tool and the partition layout for pie is quite diffrent compared to nougat, the only downside is pie will probably have less compatibility, as any pie rom I've tried only boots on 1 of my boxes and fails to boot on the other whereas my 7.1.2 is more universal and more compatible

Comment

Working...
            X