Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coowell v2 tv box does not start/reset

Hi,

I have Coowell v2 tv box, that suddenly stopped, when it startup it stucks at the logo appears at startup. I tried to hard reset but discovered that the box does not have reset button… I opened the box and checked the board, no reset button installed. I tried to flash it using amlog usb tool, I imaged it with a new firmware. When I turn it on, it stucks at the logo. I’m trying to flash it again but no computer/no usb cable can detect the tv box, even I tried several almog usb tool versions with no luck, can anybody help please.
    The emmc chip is KLMAG4FE4B-B002.

Regards,

Originally posted by Shadijo View Post
    Hi,

I have Coowell v2 tv box, that suddenly stopped, when it startup it stucks at the logo appears at startup. I tried to hard reset but discovered that the box does not have reset button… I opened the box and checked the board, no reset button installed. I tried to flash it using amlog usb tool, I imaged it with a new firmware. When I turn it on, it stucks at the logo. I’m trying to flash it again but no computer/no usb cable can detect the tv box, even I tried several almog usb tool versions with no luck, can anybody help please.
    The emmc chip is KLMAG4FE4B-B002.

Regards,
    You Could Try My ATV Firmware for s905x I Reccomend Android 7 version as this will work on more s905x boxes, There Are 3 Versions "Universal" for most s905x devices, A Nexbox Special version & A Version For People Who Have Problems Installing The Normal Version & Other Roms

Just Have To Figure Out Mask Rom Mode To Get Your Box Detected, Upload Some Pictures of your board somwhere and post link here will have a look

Comment

Thank you.. Here is the board picture:

Comment

Hi, good news is your board has a newer band flash with no pins to short out, Fortunatletly there are the pads for the older style chips so should be able to use them, I have highlighted the pins interest with the most common pins marked but you can try some of the pins, might be trial and error, just short out while connecting to PC, only for about a second or untill you hear the pc detect it

Comment

Thanks my friend.
          Just tried to short the mentioned pins for almost 30 sec, nothing happened.
          I tried other pins in the same row, also nothing changed, except t that if I short the first 2 pins or last 2 pins the led turn off and will turn on after I free them.

Comment

Hi,

I'm now able to boot it after several trials. I shorted pin 8 and 9 and it worked fine. Thank you.
            I'm looking now for a good firmware, do you have any?

Comment

Working...
            X