Is there upgrade for this Android TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there upgrade for this Android TV?

I researched and read many topics here but I have to say that I am bit confused with all the options. I did custom roms for my phones but I am very confused for upgrading android TV. I am not sure I am understanding wich update works for what box.

I have OTT TV BOX with S905x chip and Q5X V2.1 16483 motherboard. It is 2/16Gb Android 6.0.1 box. I didnt find any brand name.

My question is if someone knows- is there an upgrade for this TV Box to higher Android version?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Originally posted by zolee View Post
    I researched and read many topics here but I have to say that I am bit confused with all the options. I did custom roms for my phones but I am very confused for upgrading android TV. I am not sure I am understanding wich update works for what box.

I have OTT TV BOX with S905x chip and Q5X V2.1 16483 motherboard. It is 2/16Gb Android 6.0.1 box. I didnt find any brand name.

My question is if someone knows- is there an upgrade for this TV Box to higher Android version?

Thanks

Hi ,

maybe , but if you always want the latest Firmware on TV Box you must buy new and better ,

Shield and others , you can search for higher FW , but remember Wifichip Support , Rom must

use the same Wifidrivers ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by zolee View Post
      ...with S905x chip and Q5X V2.1 16483 motherboard...
      Probably some of many (clone) X96 devices, post hi-res photos of the PCB.

Comment

Thanks, I willl post a pic.
        I dont care about wifi working or not. I'm using LAN.

Yea I know, new with up to date android is best, but I just thought to try to upgrade

EDIT: Posting board photo

Last edited by zolee; 01-18-2021, 10:06.

Comment

Try this firmware, unpack and burn with USB Burning Tool, maybe it works.

Comment

I dont have male to male isb cable so I tried update over OTA update app. Search update file on USB but update failed. Error in signature.
            I will try again when I find male to male usb.

Comment

Well, I bought the A to A usb cable. It gets power but windows doesnt see it at all, nor does usb burning tool does.
              I did install drivers. It doesnt show up even as unknown device. Like nothing isnpluged in at all.
              Off course tried it also with devoces own power.
              Could this be the case of the bad cable or there are know issues?

Comment

You have to hold/pressed reset button (hidden) in A/V port/hole, e.g. with toothpick.

Comment

Yea, I did that.... all different variations and usb ports. I am able to enter recovery modenon its own. But when connected to laptop, doesnt recognise it.

Comment

Instead of pressing reset button, execute the following command in the android terminal:
                    Code:
                    reboot update

Comment

Hey. Thank you so much for sticking to help me out! New rom is up and running!

EDIT
                      Only thing I dont likenis inability to set up own launcher as default when pressing home button on the remote.
                      AtvX launcher is harddcoded as default. Seting up something else as default doesnt change default home up.

Last edited by zolee; 01-20-2021, 18:10.

Comment

Boa tarde, talvez eu tenha o mesmo aparelho que vocĂȘ tem. OTT BOX Modelo GK.MP1113 e o meu fica com a tela preta. Como vocĂȘ conseguiu atualizar o android dele? Preciso de ajuda.

Comment

Working...
                        X