Xiaomi Mi Box 3 need custom rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xiaomi Mi Box 3 need custom rom

I'm looking for a custom ROM for my Mi Box 3 the stock android 8 on this box sucks. The box slows down when you install just one apk. It's crazy how much restriction is on the stock firmware. I have tried flashing many of the custom ROMS with no success. Keeps failing at 2% changed cables, ports, version of burn tool etc... nothing works.

If anyone has flashed one of these boxes any pointers what be great.

Specs:

Xiaomi Mi Box 3
    Model MDZ-16-AB

s905x cpu
    Ram 2gb unknown type
    Current Android 8 (oreo)

One usb port nothing else no microSD no ethernet

Here you can read :

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle222 View Post
      I'm looking for a custom ROM for my Mi Box 3 the stock android 8 on this box sucks. The box slows down when you install just one apk. It's crazy how much restriction is on the stock firmware. I have tried flashing many of the custom ROMS with no success. Keeps failing at 2% changed cables, ports, version of burn tool etc... nothing works.

If anyone has flashed one of these boxes any pointers what be great.

Specs:

Xiaomi Mi Box 3
      Model MDZ-16-AB

s905x cpu
      Ram 2gb unknown type
      Current Android 8 (oreo)

One usb port nothing else no microSD no ethernet
      You can only use the stock firmware since it has a locked bootloader.

Comment

Great thanks... no way around it? If I can downgrade to early MM (6.0) stock firmware then I can go from there... rooting etc. But the boot loader being locked is not fun.
        I have all the older firmware both US and China.... my goal is to get it installed with the 6.0 chinese version for model MZD-16-AA from there i can build up unlocked from that point
        up to android 7. I might have found away, I will keep you posted. If you shut down every google process and apps.... it will corrupt the software to where it's unbootable... At that point
        you can install the stock firmware back on it with success. (So far restored Oreo only) But it has to be completely jacked up in order to allow a re-flash with burn tool. I have done it twice already both times.
        It worked. I just need to try it with earlier Android version like MM (6.0) Thanks "sagert" for the link to 4pda.ru .... lots of info. I will keep you posted if successful

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting Project

Testing/Have tested older MDZ-18-AA Chinese Version Only

Think it is only 5.1 Android would like to test other version/

Bootloader is locked Thx Mo123

Used Shafia Launcher to edit/change script to english

Comment

Working...
          X