No announcement yet.

Bricked "Mini M8S II" (Clone?) - Looking for help with NAND-pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any progress on these box? Got this box yesterday. Most USB-Images are not working due to 0x10105002 Error, tried via SD Card method and bricked the device and then revived it with pin-shorting method. I was able to flash a95x 16gb firmware via usb, the only image that works so far (without wifi). But now i can't flash Libreelec, i am stuck with crappy a95x image.

MINIMXIII-II_112M0_AP6212 Rom supports AW-NB197SM wifi chip, so i extracted via Customization Tools, but can not find the specific .ko file. Maybe it is build into the kernel?

Comment

Okay, solved the problem. Serial connection showed DDR init problems after flashing unsupported image. So you have to replace the bootloader.partition and ddr.usb from a working rom to be able to flash your prefered Image.

And also i would recommend to use another heatsink or add a heatsink on top of the old one. On heavy usage (first install) serial outputs something like thermalzone .... hot= 1, Shutdown CPU2 etc., while device was still working normal.

EDIT

To wake up device from shutdown, you need bootloader.partition that has your remote codes build in. So, if someone finds original image it would still be helpful...
      Last edited by KyleRiemen; 07-24-2017, 20:40.

Comment

Excellent and thanks for posting the solution.

I hope that this will resolve the OP's issues.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRiemen View Post
          Okay, solved the problem. Serial connection showed DDR init problems after flashing unsupported image. So you have to replace the bootloader.partition and ddr.usb from a working rom to be able to flash your prefered Image.

And also i would recommend to use another heatsink or add a heatsink on top of the old one. On heavy usage (first install) serial outputs something like thermalzone .... hot= 1, Shutdown CPU2 etc., while device was still working normal.

EDIT

To wake up device from shutdown, you need bootloader.partition that has your remote codes build in. So, if someone finds original image it would still be helpful...
          That's good to know. Thanks for the help. Hope someone who has recently bought this device and still on original firmware can help.
          I've tried asking Gearbest if they can provide original firmware. Will surely update if I get anything from them.

Comment

That was my idea, I figured that flashing /system but unchecking "erase bootloader" in USB Burning Tool would achieve that buuut it didn't.

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
            Excellent and thanks for posting the solution.

I hope that this will resolve the OP's issues.
            Simply flashed LibreElec in Android's place and I'm perfectly happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deway View Post

That was my idea, I figured that flashing /system but unchecking "erase bootloader" in USB Burning Tool would achieve that buuut it didn't.

Simply flashed LibreElec in Android's place and I'm perfectly happy with it.
              I am delighted that you have a happy outcome.

Librelec is indeed a great alternative solution if video playback is the prime need.
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I also have retroarch installed, it's great!
                IMO the only thing missing is a small web browser. Nothing fancy really, something basic would be fine, especially considering I would probably never use it.

Comment

Here is the original Gearbest file just like zip :-( so I can not flash in USB_Burning_Tool does anyone have a solution, also brickei the box and I'm using the MXQ rom but without wifi, please some solution?

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Originally posted by summersbr View Post
                    Here is the original Gearbest file just like zip :-( so I can not flash in USB_Burning_Tool does anyone have a solution, also brickei the box and I'm using the MXQ rom but without wifi, please some solution?

https://mega.nz/#!9Y8ESJBY!kkNcPKzxR...0HmlvvXZuEhpxo
                    This ROM is useless since it is original mini m8s ii image.

I modified this ROM from here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...rom-android-tv

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

but keep in mind, that you can not awake device after shutdown or hibernate with mini m8s remote.

Comment

I modified this ROM from here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...rom-android-tv

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

but keep in mind, that you can not awake device after shutdown or hibernate with mini m8s remote.

Thank you very much, the rom is working perfect!

Comment

I tried your ROM but it stops flashing at 4% downloading uboot so I am wondering if we have the same device? Also bricks the device when flashing it from the SD card. Mine is the exact same one as in the original post.

How exactly did you customize your rom? What tools did you use?

Thanks for your hard work getting it to work!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonegrindifier View Post

I tried your ROM but it stops flashing at 4% downloading uboot so I am wondering if we have the same device? Also bricks the device when flashing it from the SD card. Mine is the exact same one as in the original post.

My board is the same as in post #1 and #11 , 2/16GB, same look, same chips, same seller (Gearbest).

Comment

I have to recent buyed boxes like this. One is bricked, after updating via sd card. The other one is not touched. How can i help?
                            And how can i unbrick the bricked one?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonegrindifier View Post

Leave a small stick on the reset button start to flash process and then take out the toothpick, remove the toothpick from the reset at the beginning of the flash do not leave too tight if not, it will not work

Comment

Hello everyone

I just buy one of Mini M8S II "clone" , with new board just like in the pictures in the begining of the thread ( MINI-M8SII_DX4-16 ) and broke by flashing XannyTech firmware
                                Your firmware above works perfectly by Aml USB Burning Tool , and also WiFi !!

Strange thing - bluetooth still not working, is not in the same wifi chip ?

I can say that original firmware that came with the box have built number MINI M8S-II_100M0, and manufacturer Nexteon, board P212 ( from CPU-Z )
                                As i read somewhere in the forum, the original board ( blue one, with sheep on it ) respond on USB near HDMI port , to USB Burning Tool
                                This new one ( green ) was recognized with the USB port near MicroSD .

I just asked GearBest for original firmware , if i can get anything i'll put link

Brgds,

Comment

Working...
                                X