No announcement yet.

Bricked "Mini M8S II" (Clone?) - Looking for help with NAND-pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoofing a device can often require a few more changes than Set ro.product.device=Samsung, ro.product.model=Samsung, ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung.

There are a lot of threads and articles that talk about spoofing, so worth a search.

Might be worth creating a specific thread for it though as I guess it's not directly related to the nand pin thread topic.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I put another antenna and wifi problem solved.
      Last edited by gale; 09-06-2017, 08:34.

Comment

So basically if i known someone with an unmodified device.
        And that we want to dump the original bootloader (in order to fix the power on while device is off), i need him to just get some commands off the terminal, right ?

Something like:
        Code:
        su
        ls -al /dev/block/platform/d0074000.emmc/ <
        lrwxrwxrwx root root 2015-01-01 00:00 boot -> /dev/block/boot
        lrwxrwxrwx root root 2015-01-01 00:00 bootloader -> /dev/block/bootloader

dd if=/dev/block/boot of=/sdcard/orboot.img
        dd if=/dev/block/bootloader of=/sdcard/orbootloader.img
        And have him share the file.

Then if we repack a working rom with those files, we can fix this power on bug, right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kamse View Post
          So basically if i known someone with an unmodified device.
          And that we want to dump the original bootloader (in order to fix the power on while device is off), i need him to just get some commands off the terminal, right ?

Something like:
          Code:
          su
          ls -al /dev/block/platform/d0074000.emmc/ <
          lrwxrwxrwx root root 2015-01-01 00:00 boot -> /dev/block/boot
          lrwxrwxrwx root root 2015-01-01 00:00 bootloader -> /dev/block/bootloader

dd if=/dev/block/boot of=/sdcard/orboot.img
          dd if=/dev/block/bootloader of=/sdcard/orbootloader.img
          And have him share the file.

Then if we repack a working rom with those files, we can fix this power on bug, right ?
          No need to. We have original firmware now and also original bootloader.

Comment

If you're talking about the file provided by Lukovsky, i get an error while loading it into USB_Burning_Tool : "Parse burning image fail"...
            Has anyone successfully managed to flash this file ?

Comment

Can not test at the moment. But you can try this one https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...UN0MVItSm1SR2M

Comment

I manage to write file provided by Lukovski, everything is ok, maybe you have errors from download
                Also i extract DDR.USB and bootloader.PARTITION with CustomizationTool, thanks to KyleRiemen, and replace in Xannytech Rom and everything is ok with this Mini M8S II green board / "clone"

Comment

Yep, looks like it: my file size is 740M, the file on mega is 744.
                  I'm gonna reload it later today.

Comment

thank you
                    No problem no mistake with the rom of Lukovski thanks Drapan
                    S.v.p Xannytech Rom needs DDR.USB and bootloader.PARTITION that you extracted with CustomizationTool or the new romavec with the replacement in Xannytech Rom and all goes well with this Mini M8S II
                    Can you help us he would make a rom compatible with mini m8sii
                    Last edited by totor54; 08-19-2017, 14:55.

Comment

Originally posted by totor54 View Post
                      thank you
                      No problem no mistake with the rom of Lukovski thanks Drapan
                      S.v.p Xannytech Rom needs DDR.USB and bootloader.PARTITION that you extracted with CustomizationTool or the new romavec with the replacement in Xannytech Rom and all goes well with this Mini M8S II
                      Can you help us he would make a rom compatible with mini m8sii
                      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...0xXSkVJTnhNX3c here you go

Comment

thank

Comment

So for the users that own a Mini M8SII with D4X16 Motherboard i created a FW that should work on their devices.
                          It's a updated version of my Custom with Bootloader, DDR.usb and other part of the FW that has been posted here for D4X16 motherboard devices :
                          XTMOD 2.9 for D4X16

User totor54 reported perfect flash and functionality.
                          Last edited by Xannytech; 08-20-2017, 09:49.

Comment

Hi, first, thanks all for your help about clone M8S II

I don't flash again my box, so don't brick it...

But I want Netflix, and I think I don't have choice to flash Android tv rom, that right?

If yes, Android tv rom exist for clone M8S II or not again?

Thanks again for you help

Envoyé de mon Vernee THOR en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by billouetaudrey View Post
                              Hi, first, thanks all for your help about clone M8S II

I don't flash again my box, so don't brick it...

But I want Netflix, and I think I don't have choice to flash Android tv rom, that right?

If yes, Android tv rom exist for clone M8S II or not again?

Thanks again for you help

Envoyé de mon Vernee THOR en utilisant Tapatalk
                              My custom has Netflix included 5.4.0 the last one (the normal for mobile devices), the netflix app for android tv will never work on our devices with widevine level 3 needs certified Level 1 devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech

My custom has Netflix included 5.4.0 the last one (the normal for mobile devices), the netflix app for android tv will never work on our devices with widevine level 3.
                                Oky so it's not a os issue but hardware issue?

Envoy� de mon Vernee THOR en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited by billouetaudrey; 08-20-2017, 11:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X