Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked "Mini M8S II" (Clone?) - Looking for help with NAND-pin

Hi everyone!

I'm usually not one to ask for help but I'm kinda hopeless here.
    I received a Mini M8S II from gearbest last Friday and everything was working perfectly fine.
    I tried LibreElec, it was great and all.
    But I figured "what the hell, let's try an other ROM!"
    I couldn't get it to boot from the SD but I guess that at some point, it did but I didn't see it and turned the box off, which of course bricked the device (No LED when plugging the power supply.)

I used a USB cable and to my surprise, my computer detected the BOX.
    I tried 10 ROMs (including some built for different CPU, just to see if the error msg would be the same) and USB Burning tool wouldn't flash a single one, with the usual 2% thingy.
    I finally found a img file (MXQPRO-v8.img, which is supposed to be a different device) and voila!, a semi-working box.

Of course as it was a wrong ROM, it got stuck in a bootloop but still, I had access to the recovery.
    But the moron that I am had to have a working Android system even if I don't plan on using it so I forced flashed the ROM I wanted and now, the box is not even recognized by my computers.

While the device is probably dead for good, I still need to try every possibility and I'm looking for the right pin to shortcut.
    Has anyone ever seen this PCB (see attached pics)?

The photos are not of the best quality so to add some information :

eMMC Foresee NCEMBSF9-16G
    Network AW-NB197SM

So if anyone knows the right pin to shortcut, I'd be very grateful.

Have a nice day/night!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Hi mate, Try these pins to reset.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Foresee NCEMBSF9-16G Reset Pins.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.2 KB ID:	657272
    Thank you goes to the original poster of this photo.
    Hope this helps.
    I am using xanny's first final rom and it works great.
    The only thing is red led is on and blue is off.
    No problem for me.
    I just noted that your wifi chip might be different.
    Cheers
    Kevin
    Last edited by kevin1341; 07-20-2017, 01:12. Reason: Noted wifi

Comment

Originally posted by Deway View Post
      Hi everyone!

I'm usually not one to ask for help but I'm kinda hopeless here.
      I received a Mini M8S II from gearbest last Friday and everything was working perfectly fine.
      I tried LibreElec, it was great and all.
      But I figured "what the hell, let's try an other ROM!"
      I couldn't get it to boot from the SD but I guess that at some point, it did but I didn't see it and turned the box off, which of course bricked the device (No LED when plugging the power supply.)

I used a USB cable and to my surprise, my computer detected the BOX.
      I tried 10 ROMs (including some built for different CPU, just to see if the error msg would be the same) and USB Burning tool wouldn't flash a single one, with the usual 2% thingy.
      I finally found a img file (MXQPRO-v8.img, which is supposed to be a different device) and voila!, a semi-working box.

Of course as it was a wrong ROM, it got stuck in a bootloop but still, I had access to the recovery.
      But the moron that I am had to have a working Android system even if I don't plan on using it so I forced flashed the ROM I wanted and now, the box is not even recognized by my computers.

While the device is probably dead for good, I still need to try every possibility and I'm looking for the right pin to shortcut.
      Has anyone ever seen this PCB (see attached pics)?

The photos are not of the best quality so to add some information :

eMMC Foresee NCEMBSF9-16G
      Network AW-NB197SM

So if anyone knows the right pin to shortcut, I'd be very grateful.

Have a nice day/night!

Using the same device
      I have the same problem
      Usb Bruning Tool error code 0x10105002
      Can not convert update.zip (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...01BcDFLcXBrclU) to usb Bruning Tool img?
      Do you know the firmware that can update usb Bruning Tool?

Comment

I have the same device with the same problem too.
        Can someone please suggest what firmware file I should try to flash? None of them seem to work.
        I have tried shorting the pins 5 and 6. But that doesn't change anything.

Comment

Originally posted by viralbug View Post
          I have the same device with the same problem too.
          Can someone please suggest what firmware file I should try to flash? None of them seem to work.
          I have tried shorting the pins 5 and 6. But that doesn't change anything.
          Mention was made above of the xanny firmware, which is this.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x/others-aml-s905x/firmware-roms-tools-bx/614237-rom-xannytech-custom-mod-rom-twrp-recovey-built-in-for-minim8sii-and-other-devices-see-first-post

If you have a clone though, be aware that there can be many variants of clone with different specs.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

It always the same post. Need Wifi chip photo. Most 905x will work with supers firmware now that wifi fix there take clear photo of wifi chip. If its being seen in tool no nerd to re set pins just have to find right combo rom. If your not getting mask mode shorting pins its another nan combo maybe 7/8 13/15 but with wifi photo can point in better direction. But maybe I wrong only bricked a device once or twice
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
              It always the same post. Need Wifi chip photo. Most 905x will work with supers firmware now that wifi fix there take clear photo of wifi chip. If its being seen in tool no nerd to re set pins just have to find right combo rom. If your not getting mask mode shorting pins its another nan combo maybe 7/8 13/15 but with wifi photo can point in better direction. But maybe I wrong only bricked a device once or twice
              You have built a wall with the number of bricks you have made

Comment

Wifi chip is Azurewave AW-NB197SM

Xannytech's rom didn't work unfortunately.

Comment

Photo?
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Yes, detailed photos of the board, it's components and markings will be useful to identify exactly what it may be.

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Is why nothing work no mem chips it emmc chips dont exsist. So firmware wont work. Is cheapest way make board. I check

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                          Is why nothing work no mem chips it emmc chips dont exsist. So firmware wont work. Is cheapest way make board. I check
                          I suspect that the RAM and eMMC are under that metal plate or whatever it is.

Correction, the eMMC is the Foresee ncembsf9-166

Comment

Looks like it's a heatsink.

Comment

Micron 6CB47 D9TBK RAM, which seems to be DDR4 2400 according to what I found, which seems surprising.

Comment

Working...
                              X