No announcement yet.

Bricked "Mini M8S II" (Clone?) - Looking for help with NAND-pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I see, your PCB version is 3.2 while mine is 3.1, but if you're in the same position as I was, just test that before trying to short some pins (still a mistery for me). Remember I was able to solve it doing the burn card maker method which you can download from here. There's also a small guide to help you through the steps if you need to.
    Try this one for the stock rom: https://mega.nz/#!0ItATBia!QZ6dIscGs...VJMqmQ2NXfWBx0

Good luck!

Comment

Mine is not completely bricked, I can see it on usb burning tool but always stops at 7%, as for sd card burner it only leads to just 5%. But my problem now is I cannot figure out how to download your file from Mega, lol

Comment

That's weird, I can download them but anyway, try one of these listed here:

Comment

I will try and let you know, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by axlmagnum View Post
            That's weird, I can download them but anyway, try one of these listed here:
            Thanks axlmagnum, tried that same img, no luck, tried almost V109, 112, and lots more, still nothing.
            What started all is, when I received the box, I should have done aTWRP, was v109, then I found V112, loaded by SDcard maker, then rebooted with MEGABOX box, wited for almost 20 minutes, nothing, then tried to reboot, then lost all the LED.
            The funny thing is i can still get it to recognition on the USB burning tool, tried loading tens of images, all stops at 10%, then if I SD card the led blue light is on, but it only loads about 5% then stops.
            Any help will be appreciate it, maybe I need to do the 2 pins shorting, maybe my mask mode is not efective?

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post
              Any help will be appreciate it, maybe I need to do the 2 pins shorting, maybe my mask mode is not efective?
              There is the serial pin-out. You can get a usb to ttl uart converter, connect it to the pin-out and then read the logs and maybe perform a tftp flash. I once revived my router this way, but it was a few years ago and i can't provide exact tutorial.
              Attached Files

Comment

Good afternoon, the same problem where to get the Rom on this memory, Spectek Micron PE029. Not one firmware does not fit.
                NAND - Samsung klm8g2feja-a002
                RAM - 4 ps. РЕ029 F1638
                Last edited by valvin; 08-30-2018, 10:00.

Comment

Foto
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Valvin, were you able to repair your box?

Comment

No, not repair(((

Comment

After long time i got back with my box. My box is mini m8s Amlogic S905 and i could not see it in my amlogic burning tool. I used the edition 2.1.6 and with a clip on Nand-pin i could see my box after all. I tried many and many firmwares but i got stuck on 2% saying Romcode/IntiliazeDDR/Download buffer/USB transfer error.
                        I tried and stock and custom firmware. So at the end i get lucky and when i flashed mini m8s_S905_IMG_104L03 firmware i managed to burning it succesfully not ofcourse at first time get error Romcode/Switch/Identify/Error result.
                        So i took off usb, pressed reset and insert back again usb to my pc. And that was it.. now i am proud that i got the right firmware.
                        If anybody wants the rom here it is but be careful and read your box inside it was to be for amlogic s905!!!

Comment

Hey, I also have a Mini M8S II V3.1 (blue board) which is bricked. No blue LED or signal if power connected.
                          Tried multiple images with USB burning tool. Should I keep trying with different images?
                          Seems it's not possible to fix the NAND on this board since the pins are not exposed?

Edit: Attached my USB burner log if that could be any help?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by markturnip; 12-14-2018, 00:03.

Comment

Originally posted by axlmagnum View Post

Never found anything but after trying many times I could boot up the stock rom to install a modded working one afterwards. What i've done was putting the correct stock rom in the micro sd and instert it into the slot with the box unplugged. Then I push the reset button with a toothpick and plug it again. Thankfully it boot and was able to install the correct firmware.
                            Hi axlmagnum, I have the same box (https://ibb.co/4s6rLvb) but i don't know how i proceed to unbrick.. can you help me?

-------
                            I SOLVED with Usb Burning Tool!
                            Last edited by mklucc; 04-11-2019, 10:33.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRiemen View Post

This ROM is useless since it is original mini m8s ii image.

I modified this ROM from here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...rom-android-tv

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

but keep in mind, that you can not awake device after shutdown or hibernate with mini m8s remote.
                              Thanks! This one work for my bricked box! is there any update with functional remote (wake after shutdown)?

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post
                                Valvin, were you able to repair your box?
                                Originally posted by valvin View Post
                                No, not repair(((
                                Originally posted by markturnip View Post
                                Hey, I also have a Mini M8S II V3.1 (blue board) which is bricked. No blue LED or signal if power connected.
                                Tried multiple images with USB burning tool. Should I keep trying with different images?
                                Seems it's not possible to fix the NAND on this board since the pins are not exposed?

Edit: Attached my USB burner log if that could be any help?
                                Here are the pins for anyone looking as i coundnt find this info anywhere (ignore blue heatsinc i added that)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200604_004126[1].jpg.png Views:	0 Size:	263.2 KB ID:	807202

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200604_004109.png Views:	0 Size:	257.7 KB ID:	807204Click image for larger version  Name:	20200604_004019.png Views:	0 Size:	250.9 KB ID:	807205Click image for larger version  Name:	20200604_004054.png Views:	0 Size:	276.9 KB ID:	807206

Also check out my ROM for S905X
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uci6Rl70t4&t=426s
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200511-174519.png
Views:	8
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	807840
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by aidanmacgregor; 06-11-2020, 01:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X