No announcement yet.

Bricked "Mini M8S II" (Clone?) - Looking for help with NAND-pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I am registered now because I have a problem with my Mini m8s II. A few days ago I tried to start it after a year of not using it anymore, it was stuck on the home screen, I did a couple of resets with the button below but it doesn't work. Now the blue LED does not even light up, if I connect it to the PC with the USB cable it is not recognized, the LED is always off, but the current is there because the TV sees it and the optical input lights up with its red light . I wanted to try to short the nand, but the pins are not exposed. Can you tell me how to do it? I attach 2 pictures.

Comment

Hi I am registered now because I have a problem with my Mini m8s II. A few days ago I tried to start it after a year of not using it anymore, it was stuck on the home screen, I did a couple of resets with the button below but it doesn't work. Now the blue LED does not even light up, if I connect it to the PC with the USB cable it is not recognized, the LED is always off, but the current is there because the TV sees it and the optical input lights up with its red light . I wanted to try to short the nand, but the pins are not exposed. Can you tell me how to do it? I attach 2 pictures?

Comment

No one can help me?...

Comment

Originally posted by ayeye View Post
          No one can help me?...
          Hi, this looks same as one of my boards here a picture of where to short https://drive.google.com/folderview?...XPtubj24OKYILr

Comment

thank you! excuse my ignorance but I never did, it must be done with the power on, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ayeye View Post
              thank you! excuse my ignorance but I never did, it must be done with the power on, right?
              No, you must short the 2 contacts while connecting the usb cable, after 1 or 2 seconds your pc will detect the device (and assuming you have already pressed start it will start flashing) then you can let go of the short

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post

No, you must short the 2 contacts while connecting the usb cable, after 1 or 2 seconds your pc will detect the device (and assuming you have already pressed start it will start flashing) then you can let go of the short
                Hey I had installed your latest 7.4 ROM using the USB burn method , later I tried to install magisk (latest one) via twrp and It was stuck on a bootloop , I have the same exact box as you (mini m8s ii ) , I tried to short the pins as you showed in the above image , pc still didnt detect the device though , any ideas :/ ?

Comment

Hi, hmm strange, Magisk seems to cause a bootloop as the rom is already rooted, for V7.5 I plan to make a non root version that should work with magisk (magisk did work in older version before pre root) what are you needing to accomplish using magisk?

Comment

Hi, hmm strange, Magisk seems to cause a bootloop as the rom is already rooted, for V7.5 I plan to make a non root version that should work with magisk (magisk did work in older version before pre root) what are you needing to accomplish using magisk?
                    I want to pass SafetyNet and use apps that use SafetyNet

Comment

Now I can only access the TWRP and I have a bootloop , my device is not detected in USB burning tool and SD card burning method didnt work , how do I flash your old no rooted ROM or reflash this ROM ? . Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Originally posted by bhargavh View Post

Now I can only access the TWRP and I have a bootloop , my device is not detected in USB burning tool and SD card burning method didnt work , how do I flash your old no rooted ROM or reflash this ROM ? . Thanks in Advance.
                        You will need to figure out mask rom mode, upload clear and well lit photos of both sides of your board and will see what I can figure out, you should try my android 9 rom, it is play certified, and not rooted, Based on the official Mi Box Firmware So Very Stable And Fast

Comment

You will need to figure out mask rom mode, upload clear and well lit photos of both sides of your board and will see what I can figure out, you should try my android 9 rom, it is play certified, and not rooted, Based on the official Mi Box Firmware So Very Stable And Fast
                          Sorry for the late reply

thanks in advance.

Comment

I recently bricked my Mini M8S II (D4X16 version) and had to short specific pins.
                            I went through trial and error till i found them.

Run USB Burning Tool, plug your usb cable next to the sdcard usb and use a paperclip on those two red pins to get your device detected again.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210207_175740++.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.2 KB ID:	820228
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210207_192753.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	820227

Comment

Working...
                            X