Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Videostrong announcing New Google Certified 905X Box !!! Android 8.0 / 8.1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Videostrong announcing New Google Certified 905X Box !!! Android 8.0 / 8.1 ?

Just got an eMail announcing this new box from Videostrong

Hope it's not old news ... can't see any info in this section from a quick look
    No Model name/number that I can see

Google certified
    BT Voice remote
    Google Cast
    Looks to be in the more expensive range
    A few typos but looks interesting ...

Release Blurb
    Greetings!

We are happy to tell you the new google official tv box "Android tv " iOS 8.0 comming now!

Android TV – the operating system for all of your favorite apps, games, movies, music and TV shows that you navigate with a remote instead of your finger !
    Box Feature:
    • Voice search via remote
    • Native Google Cast support
    • Tons of games via Google Play Store
    • Google Assistant integration

That sounds like they are finally putting all the pieces together, by getting Google certified. Natively supporting Chromecasting is HUGE. Now if they can create a box with HDMI 2.0a so it can play Netflix in 4k. Also, get gigabit Ethernet, although not needed until UHD becomes main stream.

They are leaving all the other manufactures in the dust. Hope Beelink, Minix and other manufacturers are watching and learning.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Finding few support level one. Glad they making more. Heat seems to be key factors in the budget devices but last one running fine for me.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Yes, getting there ...
        A few more of the others now with Widevine L1
        MeCool Pro L with MS Playready so hopefully this will have that too ...
        +1 Fingers crossed for HDMI 2.0a (though not an issue for me)

Still waiting for Amazon to play nice .................................................. ............................ sigh

Must say the remote / FW needs a Mouse Option, maybe Long-Press MENU (one of the other makes now has a BT remote with a mouse button - Handy! )

Comment

I hear ya re Amazon. Finally got Alexa but think its broke. I ask for a rye. Nothing I ask for beer nothing. Keeps saying would you like me to search for it?? No it's in the fridge!!!!
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
            I hear ya re Amazon. Finally got Alexa but think its broke. I ask for a rye. Nothing I ask for beer nothing. Keeps saying would you like me to search for it?? No it's in the fridge!!!!
            hahaha
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

On dec 9th , Google servers blocked MeCool DRM.
              so back to stage 1.

Comment

Just get a mini pc based box with Intel 7th gen or better i5, all apps will work in HD and no drm issues, as all Pay streaming services are using intel chip architecture for decryption and authentication, to eliminate keys and software decryption.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
                  Just get a mini pc based box with Intel 7th gen or better i5, all apps will work in HD and no drm issues, as all Pay streaming services are using intel chip architecture for decryption and authentication, to eliminate keys and software decryption.
                  I have a microPC connected to my 65" Samsung TV, but do NOT use it for a media player, too cumbersome. I have numerous Android boxes, and now an Nvidia Shield, and use those for my media consumption. One of my $40 Android boxes running LibreELEC will play ALL of my personal media flawlessly, even with HD audio and automatic frame rate switching, but they are NOT for streaming content from the internet.

Comment

Working...
                  X