Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best daily use ROM for Mini M8S II

Hi guys,

I have been out of the loop for a little while and I would be very grateful for any advice as to which M8S II roms are the best, the most stable for daily use.

As far as I can tell these 3 are the latest:

* XTMod_EX by XannyTech - seems the most stable but I don't like the visual experience much
    * TVStock Nexus ROM by Magendanz - also stable, with stock AndroidTV experience, unfortunately it seems to no longer be updated
    * S905X Android 8.0 Oreo by lewy20041 - promising but not as stable and it's probably difficult to go back to older Android

Which ones do you use and recommend?

Best regards,
    Crocodil

Why not try them all, and see for yourself........... Also, going back from Lewy's port is not more difficult that going from the other ports.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

clarkss12 Thanks for the input :-) I've already tried XTMod and TVStock and I like the latter one better. I was a bit afraid to try Oreo but it's great to hear that it's easy to downgrade. I am still open to suggestions and opinions

Comment

Out of boredom, I am always swapping ROMs on this box, so really have no favorite. But I primarily use it as my Linux server, with a dual boot.

Give this one a try....
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

you can try mine androidTV on 7.1.2 .... i just did an update and should work nicely for a daily rom http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...1-updated-v1-1

Comment

minixfreak Nice! Thank you :-) I must have missed your room before...

Comment

Hello,

I have a M8S II and a TX5 Pro. Both seem to be using the same rom. Has anyone found a stable and recent ROM for daily use? Most roms I've found seem to have no updates since 2017.

Comment

Working...
              X