behavior of Home Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

behavior of Home Button

wasn't sure how to ask this question. I have an amlogic tv box with s905x chip. when i press the home button on the remote control or my keyboard it never goes to the home screen. in short if i have an app open and if i press the home button it should take me to the home screen but it doesn't. what in the firmware controls this behavior? when i got the tv box it was bricked so i flashed the only rom i could find that would work. the rom was stripped down and i believe this is why the home button function doesn't work. i have tried different remote.cfg files, but nothing works.

Any Ideas?

Check your remote key code configuration file. It probably needs to be replaced with one for your remote or edited to work. Not all boxes share the same key codes.

Comment

thanks for your help.

i have tried a few different remote.cfg files. i think it has to be something else in the firmware. like i said the only rom i could find to unbrick this box was a stripped down rom.

even if the home button doesn't work using the remote control it should work if i use my keyboard (logiteh k400) my keyboard always works when the remote control does not work. since i had to use a stripped down rom to fix this box i'm thinking there is something missing in the firmware. i say this because the google playstore was missing in this firmware. i managed to find the right combination of files to get the google playstore working.

here is more info about the rom i installed.... ro.build.fingerprint=Amlogic/p212/p212:6.0.1/MHC19J/20170116:userdebug/test-keys

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
      Check your remote key code configuration file. It probably needs to be replaced with one for your remote or edited to work. Not all boxes share the same key codes.

Comment

Working...
      X