Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've maybe bricked my M8SII box

Hi all;
    Maybe someone can help me, I was tires of android 6 on my M8SII box, had the latest original rom installed (MBOX M8SII), so I decided to try out some other roms, found a couple here on the forum but didnt quite like the generic androidtv look so I saw this Androi 10 rom here:
    Updated firmware on MSM XTENDED. https://mega.nz/#!L88WUCjC!srORtyo7u...KzZXKYKR-UE64Q (https://mega.nz/#!L88WUCjC!srORtyo7uDN03lva5MDtiNtoE5cXwKzZXKYKR-UE64Q) ???????? ?? ?????????? ??? ?????? ?????? ??'?: 20200122083229.jpg ?????????: 4 ??????: 117,6 KB ID:

Installed just fine from sd card but the i realised it was a port based on regular smartphone rom, so, no real specific androi tv options, not even a power menu.
    So I decided to go back to a 7.1 ROM, but sadly, when i try the toothpick method to go and install a diferrent rom it doesnt work, ont even get the androi logo from the recovery.
    I then realized i was able to start in recovery, it has twrp installed, but when i tried to flash a rom in zip format from there it says the partitions mismatch.
    I remember something similar on android smartphones when going for the 1st beta roms, something about the system partitions being different, but i'm no tech so, cant really elaborate on that.
    Can anyone help me trying to recover the box please?
    From what i remember, on the smartphone we had to flash via twrp some file to fix the partitions and then we could flash a rom from twrp, but like i said, I'm no pro.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by hmartinho View Post
    Hi all;
    Maybe someone can help me, I was tires of android 6 on my M8SII box, had the latest original rom installed (MBOX M8SII), so I decided to try out some other roms, found a couple here on the forum but didnt quite like the generic androidtv look so I saw this Androi 10 rom here:
    https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-amlogic-s905x
    Installed just fine from sd card but the i realised it was a port based on regular smartphone rom, so, no real specific androi tv options, not even a power menu.
    So I decided to go back to a 7.1 ROM, but sadly, when i try the toothpick method to go and install a diferrent rom it doesnt work, ont even get the androi logo from the recovery.
    I then realized i was able to start in recovery, it has twrp installed, but when i tried to flash a rom in zip format from there it says the partitions mismatch.
    I remember something similar on android smartphones when going for the 1st beta roms, something about the system partitions being different, but i'm no tech so, cant really elaborate on that.
    Can anyone help me trying to recover the box please?
    From what i remember, on the smartphone we had to flash via twrp some file to fix the partitions and then we could flash a rom from twrp, but like i said, I'm no pro.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi, i would reccomend you open the device to put it into Mask ROM mode (using Nand short method) so you can flash it with usb burning tool (only necessary if its not detected bu usb burning tool buy plugging into pc while holding reset button)

Check out my rom too
    Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Working...
    X