Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Update Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok it's good I updated !!! 😉
    I found an old sd card 16gb and it's work.

Now my build is well "p212-userdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J 20160719 test-keys" and my rom is 102

Thank you so much trebor.

But I thank this update corrected the problem with Kodi, DTS sound and my receiver but no ...
    🤔

Comment

Yes, my problem was that I tried to run the update from a udisk, rather than the sdcard. Still some issues pairing my Bluetooth mouse and using alternative launchers, though, and these have worked fine on the Mini M8S.

Comment

I have problem with the last version, I configure the language to spanish, and all is ok. When i reboot the device, automatically it change the language to japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by DIDIMR View Post
          I have problem with the last version, I configure the language to spanish, and all is ok. When i reboot the device, automatically it change the language to japanese.
          I have same problem and had this before update too. Language changing to Japanese on every reboot. Any solution to fix this?

Comment

Hi,

I had an similar issue and traced it to a CEC setting, there is an option to set the language of the box to that of the display, I forget the exact name but it was in the CEC options, once I disabled that I had no more random language changes...

Hope it helps..

Edit, found it, attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by itsmeedoofer View Post
              Hi,

I had an similar issue and traced it to a CEC setting, there is an option to set the language of the box to that of the display, I forget the exact name but it was in the CEC options, once I disabled that I had no more random language changes...

Hope it helps..

I try to find the menu, but i donĀ“t find it.

I have the same problem with two tvbox and diferent firmware version

Comment

I have the problem that my TV-Screen sometimes becomes purple

Comment

It is in extra or android settings, how you find it will depend on your launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by itsmeedoofer View Post
                    Hi,

Hope it helps..

what rom do you have? i have not this menu in my ROM.

Comment

Maybe it's not included in this rom, I have it on my lollipop MXIII box...;.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidav7578 View Post
                        What I did:
                        I only followed the toothpick method in the firdt link as the script got the remote.conf from the android system.
                        I have libreelec on a spare sdcard I prepared with rufus on windows
                        I did a full backup from the android system in twrp recovery mode
                        I did not need any kind of specific wire
                        Libreelec boots from the external sdcard, so the android system is safe
                        Libreelec further updates are as easy as puting the new images in the update folder: really an easy task

First link with the global procedure:
                        This is a thread for general discussion about my S905 LE builds separated from release thread to unclutter it. Important notes: Please don't post links to eBay/Aliexpress/other sellers, no advertising. These are community supported builds so please…

Second link on how to prepare the sdcard:

Third link with the img.gz files, I used version 5 as of this writing.
                        http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/
                        I can't !

I would like to test LibreElec so I followed these instructions.....but when I try to enter recovery mode with toothpick methos and my sd inserted, nothing happen ! I say on the Google TV screen.
                        I tried to enter recovery mode without sd inserted, after about 20s I have the recovery mode menu

How do you do ?
                        thx

Comment

My tvbox is MINI M8S II, and it have Android 6.0.1.

I have another tvbox MINI M8S with lolipop and work fine and it has the CEC menu, but dont work.(this remote device does not support cec)

Comment

Originally posted by yagrasdemonde View Post

I can't !

I would like to test LibreElec so I followed these instructions.....but when I try to enter recovery mode with toothpick methos and my sd inserted, nothing happen ! I say on the Google TV screen.
                            I tried to enter recovery mode without sd inserted, after about 20s I have the recovery mode menu

How do you do ?
                            thx
                            Are you sure rufus extracted the image to the sdcard ?
                            I remember the buton to choose the image in rufus wasn't easy to see/understand at all.

Comment

I made SD with Win32 Disk Imag because Rufus don't see this

Comment

If you followed the (fairly easy) procedure and you've got files on the sdcard, I'm affraid I can't help you any further

Comment

Working...
                                X