Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Update Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try changing the wifi channel i know for a fact that Bluetooth interférences with wifi. Ill open one up tonight to see if antena can be improved by mod...
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

scooter2014 thanks for the reply. let me know the best method for tearing in2 this thing. Nothing like the bigger m8 box.

I did disable the Bluetooth, hardly made a difference. But, maybe works better for others.

I will try the channel change.

Thanks again

Comment

Ok pulled apart. Wifi was pushed up under metal plate in the top of box i gently moved it to bottom with no plate contact. Its tape lead but can be converted to pole type with little sodering it should work fine as external. Lots of wire to put on side with hole for external antena. Room in the box for nut too.

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kansasjayhawk32 View Post
          scooter2014 thanks for the reply. let me know the best method for tearing in2 this thing. Nothing like the bigger m8 box.

I did disable the Bluetooth, hardly made a difference. But, maybe works better for others.

I will try the channel change.

Thanks again
          Use a plastic spudger tool like the type used for opening phones and tablets or use a metal one if you don't have plastic and you're extremely careful. Just go around the inner edge on the bottom and spread the upper case away from the bottom. There's 2 clips on each side that will pop out when you open the gaps.

Disabling Bluetooth made a big difference in consistent speeds for me but it didn't increase the bandwidth/throughput over all. Best I got was 10 Mbps unless I was 5 feet from the router, then I got a little over 30 Mbps. Tried changing to channel 11 as well but that made no difference with or without BT enabled.

Comment

Still testing wait bit.

Comment

good work guys..and thanks..it does look like the wire was placed in the "best" spot possible. The plastic screen prob didn't effect it much. if an external antenna can be added at very low cost and fixes the issue....this might still be a good buy.

I might just be picky too..the M8s tests usual only score 2mb-3mb when 30 feet away from a router. Unless the reports I'm reading are way off.
              Last edited by kansasjayhawk32; 08-17-2016, 05:55.

Comment

the wifi problem didnt fix on my box so going to get the new beelink GI1 box tried everything with the m8sii

Comment

bummer. going back to the m8s for sure. Calam29 where are you buying the beelink? i searched for it with no results. Thanks

Comment

I post really cheap wifi mod next two days... Testing it for one day tweek if needed the post friday. 😃

Comment

scooter2014 sounds good! If no real improvement, still an cheap alternative if hardwired. Thanks again.

Comment

Posted it to knowledge section worked fine...

Comment

kansasjayhawk32 I'm getting from gearbest it's the beelink gt1

Comment

scooter2014 your wifi mod worked? Calam29 thanks

Comment

Yes worked well..

Comment

Does anyone else have the issue of sound stuttering on the box during playback? Mine every few minutes does a sound that reminds me of old school rap. If the person in the video was saying "video", I would hear "vid-vid-vid-vid-video".

Comment

Working...
                                X