Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Update Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    Yes, my problem was that I tried to run the update from a udisk, rather than the sdcard. Still some issues pairing my Bluetooth mouse and using alternative launchers, though, and these have worked fine on the Mini M8S.

Did you (anyone) also attempt updates from a usb stick or is the sdcard recommended?

* Ran across this link on usb for firmware update...but unsure if this will work on the MINI..thanks for help.

Last edited by kansasjayhawk32; 07-29-2016, 01:16.

Comment

Originally posted by yagrasdemonde View Post

I can't !

I would like to test LibreElec so I followed these instructions.....but when I try to enter recovery mode with toothpick methos and my sd inserted, nothing happen ! I say on the Google TV screen.
      I tried to enter recovery mode without sd inserted, after about 20s I have the recovery mode menu

How do you do ?
      thx

I have the same problem

Comment

Which twrp did you use for Mini M8S II S905X? I can't seem to find one.

Originally posted by Tidav7578 View Post
        What I did:
        I only followed the toothpick method in the firdt link as the script got the remote.conf from the android system.
        I have libreelec on a spare sdcard I prepared with rufus on windows
        I did a full backup from the android system in twrp recovery mode
        I did not need any kind of specific wire
        Libreelec boots from the external sdcard, so the android system is safe
        Libreelec further updates are as easy as puting the new images in the update folder: really an easy task

First link with the global procedure:
        This is a thread for general discussion about my S905 LE builds separated from release thread to unclutter it. Important notes: Please don't post links to eBay/Aliexpress/other sellers, no advertising. These are community supported builds so please…

Second link on how to prepare the sdcard:

Third link with the img.gz files, I used version 5 as of this writing.
        http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/

Comment

Originally posted by Tidav7578
          What I did:
          I only followed the toothpick method in the firdt link as the script got the remote.conf from the android system.
          I have libreelec on a spare sdcard I prepared with rufus on windows
          I did a full backup from the android system in twrp recovery mode
          I did not need any kind of specific wire
          Libreelec boots from the external sdcard, so the android system is safe
          Libreelec further updates are as easy as puting the new images in the update folder: really an easy task

First link with the global procedure:
          This is a thread for general discussion about my S905 LE builds separated from release thread to unclutter it. Important notes: Please don't post links to eBay/Aliexpress/other sellers, no advertising. These are community supported builds so please…

Second link on how to prepare the sdcard:

Third link with the img.gz files, I used version 5 as of this writing.
          http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/
          I only read this today. First of all, thanks for the detailed explanation. Are you sure that you used libreelec on this box? There isn't any TWRP for S905X as far as I know neither a libreelec version for this chipset. Am I wrong?

Comment

I'm sorry, seems like my first message in this thread has been put there by a moderator and the libreelec part was for the S905 NON X version.
            Thanks for pointing that out, I have to clean that now...

Comment

@Tidav7578
              Why would think a Moderator would do this and for what purpose.
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                @Tidav7578
                Why would think a Moderator would do this and for what purpose.
                I'm to blame first, since the first link in my first message in that thread is for the 905X. I first wrote the message in the 905 version thread and it has been transfered here.
                Thing is, first part of the message is fine here, 905X related. But second part is libreelec for the S905. And since I wasn't aware I was in a 905X thread, I went on off topic... Second mistake on my part.
                Now I can either leave it as is, since the mistake has been put to light, or clean the OT parts.

Comment

Just delete the post. Trebor does the use sd card as storage work on this device in mm?
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

suggestion on what rom to run on this box? and is there currently a rom that also includes the firmware update? thanks
                    Last edited by kansasjayhawk32; 07-29-2016, 16:31.

Comment

I installed the update from 19/7/16 in this post and still having wifi issues is others having same issue anyway to fix

Comment

Anyone have link to stock firmware??
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Just installed the new OTA update: p212 userdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J 20160805 test-keys.

Still no root, and I haven't noticed any difference. Anyone knows what's changed?
                          Last edited by solitron; 08-08-2016, 11:47.

Comment

That OTA was to fix a language Bug in the system, root will have to come form else ware I feel,
                            Cheers
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Are you sure trebor that it the language fix the user above just downloaded as I have it already and it not dated 5th Aug?*the language fix is dated 28th July on mine.

Comment

Unsure when I put the box online and did the update the message on screen (changelog) mentioned language Bug, maybe they found another, all seems to be working ok at the present
                                Yet to see the Language Bug they have talked about,
                                They may have forgotten or found something else,
                                Cheers
                                Last edited by trebor; 08-09-2016, 12:40.
                                treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X