Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Update Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dastinger View Post
    What were those problems? I'm asking because I have issues with audio passthrough on my Mini M8S II and, if that firmware fixes it, I'll flash it right away.
    I initially flashed prahjister mod firmware because I wanted root, but I ended up not having Bluetooth and audio was constantly going off or at times sounds funny. U had to switch the device off and back on to correct it. This firmware (tanix tx5 non pro) corrected all that for me, and still gave me root.) As for audio passthrough, I can't say for sure as I don't use it.

Comment

Originally posted by MalerKlette5210 View Post
      Does any firmware fix the problem with Kodi (rahzel mentioned)? I want to have a clean Kodi without any 3rd party pirate addons on my box. But I always land up with the bloated Version.
      This firmware will also come with the bloated kodi, but unlike the stock mini M8S II firmware, when I went to settings>kodi>clear data, it gave me a clean kodi , and those junk addons never came back.

Comment

Install pharjisters rom in nex box 905x thread 
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

rahzel same issue. so..solution is flash firmware and or ROM? I guess both would be needed to fix wifi and customize KODI.

I removed the cover and wifi was just fine.....maybe I should have waited for the correct firmware to be released

dastinger if okay will pm you on flashing.

Thanks all

Comment

I'm in talks with Gearbest right now and they're contacting the manufacturer. I'm hoping they can provide me with a software update to fix it, because it seems like it is software related. Weird because the first two boxes I received months ago are working great. Maybe they switched to a new wifi chip? Or it's a faulty batch?

Few things stopping me from flashing to the modded TX5 Pro firmware is 1. there are a few complaints about audio dropping and other minor issues, and 2. I don't have a USB A to USB A cable. I could buy a cheap one online, but I'm hoping for an official update from the manufacturer before I try the TX5 Pro firmware as a last resort.

If they provide me with a software update, I will post it here.

Comment

I SD-card updated the TX5 Firmware [20160805] on my Mini M8S II, which was automaticly followed by an OTA update [20160903]. The system itself runs satisfactory so far, but Kosi remains bloated.
              Later I stumbled into a German blog, who recommended simply delete Kodi and install SBMC instead. Indeed, that comes without unwanted addons. Maybe not the most elegant solution, but one that works so far without rooting etc.

Comment

How did you update the M8S Mini II with this firmware using an SD card? I thought you had to use the flash tool?

Anyway, just to update you guys on my talks with gearbest, they finally just told me that this is a QC issue and they offered me a GB wallet refund (basically store credit) or to send me a new one. I'll probably just take the credit and buy a Beelink or something. I'm done with this box tbh.

Comment

Managed to fix my WiFi issues thanks to atvbca for posting the stock 0805 rev104 ROM iso file, as well as malerklette5210 for pointing me to where he posted the file. Like I said a page back, my newly purchased M8SMini II boxes came with 0716 rv102 with no OTA updates available. Flashed to 0805 rev104 with the USB Burning Tool and all is well now. Well, it still has all the bloat in Kodi, but I'll either remove it all again, or install SPMC instead.

Just a heads up, but if you're using WiFi on this box and updated to the latest 0903 rv104 software via OTA, you might want to consider reverting back to 0805 rv103. For me anyway, 0903 rv104 kills my WiFi performance so that it's even worse than I was experiencing before. I have 20Mbit down and I can only achieve ~6Mbit. With 0805 rv103 I get the full 20Mbit doing a speed test.

Here's atvbca's post for the firmware: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...are-wip/page29

If you want to roll back, just flash it again with USB Burning Tool. There may be an easier way, but that's the only way I knew how to do it.

Also, the system update app suggested to me that I update to rv104 so I just disabled the app in the settings. I've been running 0805 for over a month now on my other boxes and they have been solid for my uses anyway. Better than having broken wifi.

I find it very odd that some boxes can't receive 0805 rv103 via OTA. Also weird how the latest firmware kills WiFi performance. I guess that's what you get for buying a no name box. Updates are surprisingly pretty frequent, but they're not very reliable to say the least.

edit: 0805 rv103 didn't completely stabilize my wifi connection but it definitely seems better than before.
                  Last edited by rahzel; 09-15-2016, 21:47.

Comment

How works update&backup app? Is there a way to backup (and then restore) app and app data to USB pen drive?
                    I have use it but I think it save data in internal memory and this have size limit.

Is there an update version?

Comment

Hello everyone
                      I have just enrolled in the forum.
                      I write because I do not know how to solve this problem, yesterday I upgraded mini m8s II to the firmware of the September 23, after this date the box does not start more.
                      I tried to flash the firmware of 05.08.2016 but it always fails.
                      Help me if you can find the new rom September. Thank you

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi,

I just registered because my mini m8s ii after the update of 23/sept keeps rebooting itself every 10/15 seconds.

I now see that the update screwed a lot of people. Is there any solution already available? Anyway I leave my GearBest ticket support here.

"Hi,

My mini m8s ii android box keeps repeatedly restarting/rebooting itself after 15/20 seconds which makes it unusable and what prevents me to even make a factory reset because there is no time to reach that option.

I never installed any 3rd party software, only using Kodi which had already been installed by you.

I noticed this only happened after the update (23 september) that the box asked me to do.

Is this a normal issue with this box? It's fixable? What am I supposed to do now? Ask for the refund?

Please help me ASAP I really need the box to work until Monday,

Pedro Marinho."

Comment

I can see in the first post that a link to a firmware version (august 2016) is available... is it possible to get Gearbest to post the most recent Update.zip file (from 23rd September 2016)?.. I am not able to update the firmware on my particular box using internet.. it states my box is already up to date yet I am at july 19 firmware 102.

If I had the zip updater, I could update from SD card or USB stick if I am not mistaken without relying on internet update.. maybe even try it offline if possible.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by allinasecond View Post
                            Hi,

I just registered because my mini m8s ii after the update of 23/sept keeps rebooting itself every 10/15 seconds.

I now see that the update screwed a lot of people. Is there any solution already available? Anyway I leave my GearBest ticket support here.

"Hi,

My mini m8s ii android box keeps repeatedly restarting/rebooting itself after 15/20 seconds which makes it unusable and what prevents me to even make a factory reset because there is no time to reach that option.

I never installed any 3rd party software, only using Kodi which had already been installed by you.

I noticed this only happened after the update (23 september) that the box asked me to do.

Is this a normal issue with this box? It's fixable? What am I supposed to do now? Ask for the refund?

Please help me ASAP I really need the box to work until Monday,

Pedro Marinho."
                            Also problems here with the 23 sept update. Can't use Kodi anymore because it crashes everytime. Now I used the first firmware (july 2016) and installed it through a USB stick and everything works again. It cost me several hours to reinstall all the apps so keep in mind before updating to the 23 sept update.

Comment

I'm using the latest firmware update (20160923) on my Mini M8SII device and I'm facing again the language issue. The firmware is deployed in Chinese which I changed immediately to English. The problem is that during the configuration of the box (adding google account and installing some apps) , the language changed back to Chinese.

I rebooted the box and changed again the language to English. 5-10 minutes later it was back to Chinese. Is anyone facing the same issue? Seems the same issue the occurred with the July firmware.....

Oh and Kodi is also crashing all the time (SPMC also).

Comment

You can solve problem of reboot ever 20-25sec disabling HDIM-CEC in display menu. TURN OFF HDMI-CEC.

Comment

Working...
                                X