Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atvbca View Post

How do you extract the system.dat file?
    IMP NOTE : Use " python-2.7.xx" ,latest version otherwise extractor will led to undesired output like this one https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72165633&postcount=295 and extractor supports android 7.1.2(updated on 18-May-2017) Extractor...
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by J0hn View Post

Okay, either I did something wrong per your steps as I do not get audio out at all from either Kodi or even media player. Yes, I played audio file (mp3) before doing the commands.

Box: Nexbox A95X S905X with "Frankenstein" modded firmware.
      I did have some no audio issues a few times but read about playing a sound first....might not work over hdmi and only spdif

Might want to try these other numbers and see what works best if any.

0 = PCM
      1 = DTS RAW Mode
      2 = Dolby Digital (AC3)
      3 = DTS
      4 = DD+ (EAC3)
      5 = DTSHD
      6 = 8 CH PCM (Multichannel PCM)
      7 = TrueHD
      8 = DTS-MA/HRA (DTSLL)
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

I did have some no audio issues a few times but read about playing a sound first....might not work over hdmi and only spdif

Might want to try these other numbers and see what works best if any.

0 = PCM
        1 = DTS RAW Mode
        2 = Dolby Digital (AC3)
        3 = DTS
        4 = DD+ (EAC3)
        5 = DTSHD
        6 = 8 CH PCM (Multichannel PCM)
        7 = TrueHD
        8 = DTS-MA/HRA (DTSLL)
        Well, then my help in testing may not help. My only setup is via HDMI. I think you trying to accomplish passthrough for others that using stereo receivers and/or sound bars.

Comment

Originally posted by J0hn View Post

Well, then my help in testing may not help. My only setup is via HDMI. I think you trying to accomplish passthrough for others that using stereo receivers and/or sound bars.
          Help is needed. I would say passthrough over hdmi is more widely used then over spdif.

Finding the right combination is the hard part.

Comment

Well on my box HDMI Dolby Digital seemed like it was cutting out some before running command. It did seem to not do it after but it could of been fine to begin with because I was testing with Dolby Digital stream. Have not tried SPDIF. Also that was passed through from my TV to my receiver over optical cable.

Comment

Originally posted by gtznutz View Post
              Well on my box HDMI Dolby Digital seemed like it was cutting out some before running command. It did seem to not do it after but it could of been fine to begin with because I was testing with Dolby Digital steam. Have not tried SPDIF. Also that was passed through from my TV to my receiver over optical cable.
              I only have issues with dts streams

Comment

wait a minute can someone confirm there is a clipping issue with passthrough enabled over hdmi with dts streams

Comment

Don't have anything dts to test.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

The remote.conf refers to operation of the bundled physical remote controls only.
                    Ok thanks for the reply.

Is there any way to add support for Remote App such that you can control ur Android Box using ur Android Phone/Tablet? I was giving example of Rokchip based firmware since it provides and support such App. I wish Amlogic based box provide similar

I mentioned about remote app because you were listing all the things you were working/going to add in ur current firmware/mod version and asked what else I can add

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                      wait a minute can someone confirm there is a clipping issue with passthrough enabled over hdmi with dts streams
                      I'm just about to do some passthrough DTS testing, so will update soon.

Update:

Passthrough enabled over HDMI using bundled Kodi

Entered su and echo 2 >/sys/class/audiodsp/digital_codec through terminal emulator.

AC3 - No clipping
                      DTS - Clipping

Then immediately entered su and echo 3 >/sys/class/audiodsp/digital_codec through terminal emulator.

AC3 - No clipping
                      DTS - Still Clipping

Just for curiosities sake if nothing else, I'm going to to go down the entire list to see if what effects each command option has.

Same result for every other combination except that 8 introduces clipping in AC3 too.

Ran the same tests with SPMC with the same results.

Passthrough not working at all for FTMC so can't test using that.

With AC3 working, that will likely do for most people for now.
                      Last edited by bluesmanuk; 08-18-2016, 19:55.
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples If you need some samples to test. I have most the hard ones to play. About 32gig. I would upload but none of my accounts have that much space. Lol. It took a couple evenings to get because some sites only allow you to download one at a time

Comment

Ok did all testing I could do. I have no clipping using dts files but not sure if it is really dts output because my older receiver is not showing it in dts. I believe it is suppose to but i don't know. I also switched over to SPDIF and it worked the same. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by sunphan View Post

Ok thanks for the reply.

Is there any way to add support for Remote App such that you can control ur Android Box using ur Android Phone/Tablet? I was giving example of Rokchip based firmware since it provides and support such App. I wish Amlogic based box provide similar

I mentioned about remote app because you were listing all the things you were working/going to add in ur current firmware/mod version and asked what else I can add
                            Perhaps you could test one out from the app store such as this

One review states that it works with the M8S, so worth trying and giving feedback.
                            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by gtznutz View Post
                              Ok did all testing I could do. I have no clipping using dts files but not sure if it is really dts output because my older receiver is not showing it in dts. I believe it is suppose to but i don't know. I also switched over to SPDIF and it worked the same. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
                              Did you modify audio settings in kodi to enable passthrough.

Comment

So with all the testing completed do you have the exactt rom to flash to the Mini M8 II granted Bluetooth, audio playback and wifi are stable, and Kodi and Spmc playback above average simplified steps still trying to get a male to male USB :/

Comment

Working...
                                X