Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    Still working on the img. Got root worked out. Have up on init.d using universal init.d. working in timing for passthrough. What has to happen is a sound gas to play before setting codec to 2.
    Your work is highly appreciated prahjister! So this codec setting for passthrough should really be handled by the firmware when the Android setting is changed and it's just not implemented properly right?

Does anyone else find Kodi crashes a lot on this firmware? Even the unmodded one it crashes. It just closes abruptly with the message "Unfortunately, Kodi has stopped."

Update: Disabling all hardware acceleration seems to make Kodi stable. Kinda sucks that we can't have acceleration though. I'm sure the stock firmware for Mini M8S II worked perfect with acceleration enabled. I'm gonna test it out tomorrow and report back. Bedtime now... (5AM lol)
    Last edited by atvbca; 08-19-2016, 08:57.

Comment

Ok prahjister and atvbcs will just wait as you get time to do more modifications for rom that has root access with normal functionality on Mini M8 II S905X

Comment

Ok added external steady wifi now no issues downliad upload.
        Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
          Ok added external steady wifi now no issues downliad upload.
          Hey how did you do that? Solder a new antenna?
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I post more Knowledge section 905x.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I got DTS working with no clipping. I wrote an app to fix it. I believe it will benefit s905 as well. The only caveat is you have to wait for the notification before starting Kodi. The app automatically runs at boot plays sound notification then applies the fix. It takes about 30 seconds after home screen appears but after I clean the app up it may be less. I tested about 30 reboots with 100℅ success.

I may have said this already but I do have proper root now.

I did give up on init.d. universal unit.d worked well while testing so will install that...just could not get a sound to play from shell command.

Should be able to post tomorrow night.
              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Excellent stuff.
                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Great work

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but bluetooth is non-functional on the Nexbox a95x Has anyone figured out how to get it running yet? I'm assuming I probably need to copy /system/etc/bluetooth from the original rom.

Comment

You also to edit build prop as need the build prop to point to those files to load them into boot up. But still playing with tools.

Comment

Android WiFi Remote

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Perhaps you could test one out from the app store such as this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emoteIME&hl=en

One review states that it works with the M8S, so worth trying and giving feedback.
                        Thanks for this excellent advice!

Works with S905X indeed (at least with mine - x96 (p212) running stock rooted Android 6.0.1 from 20160809, OTA URL http://52.10.143.169/x96.)

Great when you do not have mouse and keyboard available and certainly much better then using the ir remote or the tv's (HDMI-CEC).
                        Occasional connection loss, short lags every now and then and the poor user interface limit the experience a little, though.
                        I wonder how it works. Fing reports ports 5555 and 7002 as open.

Comment

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...ro-tv-box.html . This is a new firmware,would it work with tx5 pro?

Comment

Originally posted by DNIZoid View Post
                            http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...ro-tv-box.html . This is a new firmware,would it work with tx5 pro?
                            It loads but all that is different is the launcher.

All the other issues that came with the original firmware are present underneath.
                            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

First post updated with new IMG.

Proper Root
                              add update ota script so you don't have to flash brand new img for tweaks every time and loose everything
                              Added Android TV Youtube, Terminal Emulator, Speedtest, Universal Init.d, Passthrough Fix

Bluesmanuk can you test out the hdmi passthrough with dts fix?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

It loads but all that is different is the launcher.

All the other issues that came with the original firmware are present underneath.
                                Thanks for the info, we need a light os like wasser for beelink also wifi on 5ghz seem to be slow. Only get half the speed

Comment

Working...
                                X