Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    First post updated with new IMG.

Proper Root
    add update ota script so you don't have to flash brand new img for tweaks every time and loose everything
    Added Android TV Youtube, Terminal Emulator, Speedtest, Universal Init.d, Passthrough Fix

Bluesmanuk can you test out the hdmi passthrough with dts fix?
    Thanks.

Testing right now and will report back findings.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Thanks.

Testing right now and will report back findings.
      Thank you just need some patience and follow instructions on first post for it to work. I would make sure you have a file you know that clips or drops or studeers without the fix. I have a feeling it will work on s905 boxes as well that do this
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

No clipping on AC3 or DTS, so that works perfectly.

Comment

No clipping on AC3 or DTS, so that works perfectly.
          That is with the fix applied and it was not playing right on other firmware? You can test by rebooting and starting Kodi before the fix is applied to test. If kodi is started before have to reboot and let the fix run again. And do you see DTS on your receiver?
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

General quick testing and feedback

Flashing went fine and first boot was faster than normal.
            Updated SU binaries and rebooted with no issues. SU working perfectly.
            Everything nice and smooth and so far have not had one of the 'unfortunately xx app has closed'
            Applied passthrough fix and after reboot waited less than 20 seconds for sound confirmation (takes less than 10 after subsequent reboots)
            AC3 and DTS playing without clipping (Kodi/SPMC/MX Player 1.8.6 with AC3 codec)/Stock Movie Player
            Kodi video playback also seems just that little bit more fluid than I was seeing before, so the passthrough fix may have had a beneficial outcome elsewhere too. SPMC playback is just that little bit better though.
            Ethernet speed excellent and various speed tests performed to confirm.
            Android TV Youtube app is laggy with 720p/1080p. Play Store app is much smoother, although not perfect.
            Apps permissions for things such as Titanium backup are fine.
            Play Store functioning fine.
            Bluetooth working fine.
            5Ghz AC WiFi working fine and speed test results as before and very satisfactory.
            2.4Ghz WiFi seems fine for me but will see what speeds Scooter gets with his space age antenna mod.

Compared to the stock ROM, this is a beauty.

You are a star
            Last edited by bluesmanuk; 08-21-2016, 08:36.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

That is with the fix applied and it was not playing right on other firmware? You can test by rebooting and starting Kodi before the fix is applied to test. If kodi is started before have to reboot and let the fix run again. And do you see DTS on your receiver?
              That is correct, it was clipping on old firmwares.

DTS does show on the receiver, so I know for sure that it is DTS (same is true for Dolby)

Comment

So one thing that the manufacturer needs to fix is the auto frame rate switching (HDMI self adaptation).

Comment

So one thing that the manufacturer needs to fix is the auto frame rate switching (HDMI self adaptation).
                  +1

Comment

Greetings is it not possible to get the Mini M8 ii S905 firmware and replace it on the Mini M8 ii S905X...the mini m8 ii S905 is on android 5.0 and its rooted already....android allows downgrading in OS correct??

Comment

I'm gonna try to root the mini tonight

Comment

thanks prahjisteri have a friend his mini m8 ii s905 android 5.0 is fully rooted not sure if that helps im presuming the android 6.0.1 S905x mini m8 ii just needs an OS downgrade and move fwd easier that way i could be wrong...im here learning all i can been stuck with some devices "mini m8 ii 905x" that i ordered for some colleagues and without root privilege...you know how that goes :/...#thanksAMilli #foranythingUDiscoverHelpful

Comment

Isnt the mini already rooted with this firmware. I get root privliges??
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Bluemanuk what box you using

Comment

Wow, after reading all 19 pages to this post I realized what great timing that I seem to have, as my new "Nexbox A95X Amlogic S905X 2G DDR3 RAM 16G" just arrived. I will tryout your custom firmware tonight. Thank you EVERYONE for your hard work and experience. I can hardly wait to try it out, but a bit hesitant because Nexbox hasn't released the stock firmware for my box yet. I do have 1 question though, Can anyone recommend a recovery for my box? Has anyone ported TWRP for it?

Comment

Originally posted by matrix777 View Post
                                thanks prahjisteri have a friend his mini m8 ii s905 android 5.0 is fully rooted not sure if that helps im presuming the android 6.0.1 S905x mini m8 ii just needs an OS downgrade and move fwd easier that way i could be wrong...im here learning all i can been stuck with some devices "mini m8 ii 905x" that i ordered for some colleagues and without root privilege...you know how that goes :/...#thanksAMilli #foranythingUDiscoverHelpful
                                Are you sure about the model number for the Mini M8 ii as I'm not aware of any such box name with the S905?

No you can't just downgrade Android as you can with Windows.

With your mini m8 ii 905x that you are stuck with, you simply use this firmware and you will have a rooted box that is also a great improvement on the stock ROM.

Comment

Working...
                                X