Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post

maybe this ?
    (edit: i just downloaded it it ... but it looks like a Firmware update via SD CARD method)
    Exactly, this is update file for recovery, not the image for burning tool.
    I have no success to flash this image through recovery (I try to get back to stock firmware) because of several errors, so I looking for stock image for a burning tool.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
      I figured out how to edit those img that if you modify gets stuck at boot logo.
      Please share details on how to edit those img files.

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post

Please share details on how to edit those img files.
        I'll do a proper write-up tomorrow in a different thread
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I have a question. Do I need a recovery program for a Tanix or my box now?

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
            I figured out how to edit those img that if you modify gets stuck at boot logo. I was also able to root as well. At least it works on a95x 1/8..actually to tell you the truth it might have been rooted already. I never fired up stock....i did notice that it doesnt have the enter issue
            I knew you would figure it out hopefully it will work on the A5 too.

Comment

Some additional info for autoframerate with kodi 16.1
              if I manualy (in android settings) select 1080p/24Hz and then change /sys/class/display/mode to 666 and start kodi most of autoframerate playback is ok (some framerate autoselected do not work om my tv).

I found what possibly cause problems

/sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              disp switch (force or edid): force
              audio config: on
              probably it must be
              disp switch (force or edid): edid

supported modes ov your TV set can be found here
              /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

EDID decoded
              /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/edid

Audio capabilities
              /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/aud_cap

You can read these files with file browser or use terminal and cat command
              example
              cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/edid

Comment

Originally posted by PM+Mickey View Post
                Some additional info for autoframerate with kodi 16.1
                if I manualy (in android settings) select 1080p/24Hz and then change /sys/class/display/mode to 666 and start kodi most of autoframerate playback is ok (some framerate autoselected do not work om my tv).

I found what possibly cause problems

/sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config
                disp switch (force or edid): force
                probably it must be

supported modes ov your TV set can be found here
                /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

EDID decoded
                /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/edid

Audio capabilities
                /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/aud_cap

You can read these files with file browser or use terminal and cat command
                example
                cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/edid
                You can add a script to init.d to set on every boot. If you come up with a good one post and I can put in an update so everyone else can enjoy. Unfortunately I don't have a TV to help test. If you need help let me know.
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Thanks for advice but this file is constantly overwtitten

Dont have free time for testing but probably will try something like this
                  create file (/storage/devconfig) with content

and from terminal
                  mount -o bind /storage/devconfig /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

Comment

opps i meen
                    mount -o bind /storage/devconfig /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config

Comment

By the way nexbox post new firmware for the Nexbox A5 they are different for the 1G/8G and 2G/16G dated 160808 & 160806

there is the link http://www.inexbox.com/nexbox-a5-and...d-coming-soon/

Comment

prahjister: Testing on the Mini M8S II S905X, I can power the device off and on with the stock remote.

I was finally able to get the factory firmware.img for the Mini M8S II from the manufacturer. I'm having trouble customizing it with the AML Customization Tool though, due to a limit on the size of the system partition (1024M). On the Base Info tab all the partition names and sizes are corrupt. What file do I need to modify to increase the system partition size limit?

Mini M8S II S905X latest stock factory img: https://mega.nz/#!zIgkkBRK!71kyxftMC...pY4saQKb79dJ7o

Comment

prahjister: Testing on the Mini M8S II S905X, I can power the device off and on with the stock remote.

I was finally able to get the factory firmware.img for the Mini M8S II from the manufacturer. I'm having trouble customizing it with the AML Customization Tool though, due to a limit on the size of the system partition (1024M). On the Base Info tab all the partition names and sizes are corrupt. What file do I need to modify to increase the system partition size limit?

Mini M8S II S905X latest stock factory img: https://mega.nz/#!zIgkkBRK!71kyxftMC...pY4saQKb79dJ7o
                          Like in the other thread have to do size by hand or remove stuff

Comment

Does HDMI self-adaptation work?

Comment

After downloading a file I can't open it in a Burning Tool. Somebody succeed to open it?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Update is available see first post. Minor addition. added playercorefactory install script for ease.

Comment

Working...
                                X