Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The desc text sets size but photos should be the same suze as the resolution your trying to use.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I've been reading all 32 pages, i have just recently bought the mini m8s ii and would love to root it, or simply install this frankenstein firmware to combat this.
      I've not a clue on where to start, thou i know i need the usb burning tool which i have v2.8.
      I hate asking as like to read first and try and do it myself, but i am lost here.
      I see there is a tut on first page, i assume i am safe to follow this? but there is no info on how to connect box to pc etc in order to flash.
      Sorry to be a noob, i appreciate any guidance

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
        The desc text sets size but photos should be the same suze as the resolution your trying to use.
        If they are smaller and have a plain background of black then you can keep the image sizes small too and the rest of the screen will be padded out with black.

The image sizes in the stock are 580 x 152 as well as the desc.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Thanks Blues now need good screen capture software for linux mint i should be able to wip up a few to test.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

i got an early version of a boot but have 2 issues.
            1. its huge in size because of filing the screen.
            2. it wont play. not sure why its not working.
            please if anyone can fix this, go ahead and do it.
            https://mega.nz/#!h0QSGIzZ!GDIUKQAmN...2_jqrwpHyXD2WQ

heres the orginal clip i was trying to use if that helps
            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Not sure why it works on a tablet with lollipop but not the box.
            Last edited by esloudan; 08-30-2016, 01:51.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Finally had a bit of time and got this installed on my M8 Mini II...

Most of Sunday was spend trying to get USB Burning Tool to work with the Mini, that was a real battle of wills but I got there.

Not had chance to play too much, but I will test Passthrough and Refresh Rate Switching during the week.

I have noticed though that I still have the language re-set bug, I know this was highlighted as an issue previously but wasnt sure if it was thought to have been fixed.

The power button still turns the device off despite what is set in the power button settings, I think that is a known though...

As an observation, and I know a lot of this will be down to personal preference, but would SPMC not be better than Kodi as a preinstalled player ? I only say this because it seems to be more Android / AMLogic friendly that Kodi is at the moment...

Also I’ve been using Apex Launcher on my boxes up until now, is there any great difference between the two or is it personal preference again J

Other than that, looks great, no bloat, loads quickly, no speed issues so far over Ethernet..... Great work !

Last edited by prahjister; 08-30-2016, 12:02.

Comment

Originally posted by itsmeedoofer View Post
                Hi Guys,

Finally had a bit of time and got this installed on my M8 Mini II...

Most of Sunday was spend trying to get USB Burning Tool to work with the Mini, that was a real battle of wills but I got there.

Not had chance to play too much, but I will test Passthrough and Refresh Rate Switching during the week.

I have noticed though that I still have the language re-set bug, I know this was highlighted as an issue previously but wasnt sure if it was thought to have been fixed.

The power button still turns the device off despite what is set in the power button settings, I think that is a known though...

As an observation, and I know a lot of this will be down to personal preference, but would SPMC not be better than Kodi as a preinstalled player ? I only say this because it seems to be more Android / AMLogic friendly that Kodi is at the moment...

Also I’ve been using Apex Launcher on my boxes up until now, is there any great difference between the two or is it personal preference again J

Other than that, looks great, no bloat, loads quickly, no speed issues so far over Ethernet..... Great work !
                You have old version
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

You have old version
                  Hmmmm, I downloaded from the link in post one and then ran su -> Update

I will download the link and try again tonight to be 100% sure...

Comment

If it had SPMC it was old
                    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

@prahjister

Can someone please give some clear installation steps?
                      Do we just need to download the file given in the post # 1 on the box and run su update using Terminal?
                      Is there anything more to it? How would the update script be invoked without knowing where it is and the place where the downloaded ROM file is?

Comment

How remove all addons for one time from kodi pre-installed?
                        I remove addons one by one and uninstall kodi.
                        Reinstall Kodi and all addons are back again!
                        Mini M8S II

Comment

Made a new bootanimation and its working.
                          Video and boot zip links

Video Here
                          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Zip Here

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalSoul View Post
                            @prahjister

Can someone please give some clear installation steps?
                            Do we just need to download the file given in the post # 1 on the box and run su update using Terminal?
                            Is there anything more to it? How would the update script be invoked without knowing where it is and the place where the downloaded ROM file is?
                            +1

Comment

Download burning tool and drivers here install drivers and open tool. Select the firmware you downloaded and unzipped and it will load into the tool. Once completed press Start. Press and hold the reset button and plug in usb to outside port on device. It will connect and install and provide staus as it installs.

If its not connecting check usb port is the right one.
                              Or check that drivers properly installed.

Once it shows 100 percent in tool stop it and disconnect your device and power up and connect to tv.

Regards.

You can google amilogic burning tool on youtube will show more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by esloudan View Post
                                Made a new bootanimation and its working.
                                Video and boot zip links

Video Here

Zip Here
                                https://mega.nz/#!MwwnTSoL!wkLUc645f...IkdpUFlp27HTaw
                                Does it play with sound and everything? How is performance.....does it finish before boot completes?. I can put in update but cant test. Not working from home today.

Comment

Working...
                                X