Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let playstore and services update...takes a few minutes
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, I still have not the lucky that ladyjack had ...:-)

I have two Nexbox A95X, (s905x - 2GB/16GB model), one with the internal micro-switch mounted, and the other one without it... (how can it be possible two same model devices have different hardware ???).

Only poor quality control can explain it... :-(

But let's go to the main problem related with Amlogic USB BURNING TOOL.

I tried almost all the possible combinations suggested here in the forum, but anyone of them could help me...
      I always get the problematic, (just not to say f******), error message related with low power, ([0x00101004]Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result)...

The only possible problem I may see now, (I hope...), is probably related with the USB cable that has about 120cm in lenght with a small cylindrical anti-static filter mounted on the cable itself.

So, I would like to know, (while I wait for the new small 30cm USB cable I ordered), if it is possible to install this same firmware ROM's through the SD CARD.

If so, any good soul can provide some insightful help on how to achieve this?

Thks in advance for any good suggestions ! Waiting to test them...

Comment

Thank you for the firmware. I have just one issue with the changing language - I am changing it the settings (ex. Russian) and it is ok, but it resetting back to English after "reboot" command in Terminal or turning off and back on from remote control. Is there any way to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

I finally got scripting right but i get no picture for the animation. Just black screen. Any thoughts?
          Sorry bout that. Uploaded wrong file. Ill have the correct on up soon as i get home. Even fixed the large size and running nice.

All good and working update is available. Looks good.
          I had to review boot animation creation. It's been a while. I knew it couldn't be compressed and thought if I just added new file it wouldn't. I was wrong so had to add all to new zip from scratch. No biggie

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar97 View Post
            Hi guys,

Unfortunately, I still have not the lucky that ladyjack had ...:-)

I have two Nexbox A95X, (s905x - 2GB/16GB model), one with the internal micro-switch mounted, and the other one without it... (how can it be possible two same model devices have different hardware ???).

Only poor quality control can explain it... :-(

But let's go to the main problem related with Amlogic USB BURNING TOOL.

I tried almost all the possible combinations suggested here in the forum, but anyone of them could help me...
            I always get the problematic, (just not to say f******), error message related with low power, ([0x00101004]Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result)...

The only possible problem I may see now, (I hope...), is probably related with the USB cable that has about 120cm in lenght with a small cylindrical anti-static filter mounted on the cable itself.

So, I would like to know, (while I wait for the new small 30cm USB cable I ordered), if it is possible to install this same firmware ROM's through the SD CARD.

If so, any good soul can provide some insightful help on how to achieve this?

Thks in advance for any good suggestions ! Waiting to test them...

Avatar 97, the following are the steps that finally worked for me. There's no rhyme or reason as to why.....

*USB Burn Tool v2.0.8

1. Ensure A95X is powered down and not plugged into anything (i.e. hdmi, no sd card in slot, no power cable, etc.)
            2. USB cable plugged into PC
            3. Start USB Burn tool and load image that you are going to burn. Make sure image is "verified" by the tool.
            4. Press Start on USB Burn Tool
            5. Insert USB cable into the USB port farthest from the sd card slot. (i.e. closest to the "back" of the box)
            6. Watch USB burn tool or listen for windows sound tone. You will see USB burn tool show connected and start flashing.
            7. Once USB burn tool has completed successful burn, stop tool and unplug usb from box.
            8. Should be good to go.

Give it a try and let us know.
            **SkystreamX4 (S802)....M8S (S812)....Mini M8S (S905)....Nexbox A95x (S905x)

Comment

The correct boot animation lol
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

working settings theme version one. needs some work so more like a early preview
              https://mega.nz/#!8wI0lT7R!fexqjYXJH...kvNusu6ZMX-8sk
              Last edited by esloudan; 09-01-2016, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by esloudan View Post
                The correct boot animation lol
                https://mega.nz/#!0owgUY7K!mN75mSv0_...2eZt4NFMzzJwuw

I got the settings apk themed, but now having trouble with install. if i add to firmware and flash it works fine. pushing it and changing permissions causes settings to force close. Cant figure out why. all i did was made the colors of oranth settings look like the colors of tv settings. i keep looking into it. if anyone has an idea why or wanna look here it is https://mega.nz/#!BwxUFBYA!OeRPyjtl2...DqbdAzqC2d2Yn8
                Did you check ownership too
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

Did you check ownership too
                  It might be the issue. I been using es to chamge the permission. Doesnt do the owner part. Soon as i have a chance ill try it.

Comment

Of the dozens of times I've installed a boot animation to a box I've never had to give any thought to permissions.

It has just worked following a basic copy and reboot.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Is changing ownership permission done different on marshmallow? Its not letting me do it.

Comment

Are you using chown? or es file explorer? Both should work

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                          Of the dozens of times I've installed a boot animation to a box I've never had to give any thought to permissions.

It has just worked following a basic copy and reboot.
                          I think the permissions comment was about him modifying settings.apk

Comment

tried both, shows as root but still not working with pushing it.

Comment

got settings working but theme needs a little more work.
                              early preview
                              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

TX5 Pro, using the default launcher, pressing on file browser reboots the box. After reboot, the remote will not work. Have to disconnect and reconnect power cable. Changed back to old boot animation and same thing happens with the only difference that remote works after reboot.

Also rom on this particular box is very dark. Any way to increase the brightness slightly?

Comment

Working...
                                X