Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0hn View Post
    Confirmed that this ported firmware works on the Nexbox A95X S905X 2GB/8GB version. So +ogopogo, it should work with your version of the 2GB/16GB as well.

Many thanks to +prahjister and +scooter2014 for the hard work. Finally have a rooted rom.
    So the link in first post works on A95x s905x......I could remove the branding and ota if it does?
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

So the link in first post works on A95x s905x......I could remove the branding and ota if it does?
      Yes, the link in post#1 is what I download and flashed via USB Tool. Pics to confirm:

Click image for larger version

Name:	about1.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	590187 Click image for larger version

Name:	about2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	590188

Name:	Main_desktop.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	590189 Click image for larger version

Name:	nexbox_a95x_s905x_front.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	590192

Name:	Nexbox_A95X_S905X_back.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	590193
      Last edited by J0hn; 08-15-2016, 18:28.

Comment

What wifi chip does the a95x have
        ​​​​​​

Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

What wifi chip does the a95x have
          ​​​​​​
          Per Here: http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/07/22/nexbox-a95x-s905x-android-tv-box-review-part-1-unboxing-and-teardown/

Ampak AP6330 module for dual band WiFi

But, I did just a basic dmesg command from terminal, showing RTL871X modules loading to start wifi. Again, everything works and acutally runs alot smoother/faster than the factory firmware that was on it.

Comment

Nice if i had to guess i bet it works on mini m8s ii too....it has ap6212

Except remote...that probably doesn't work.

Comment

Nice if i had to guess i bet it works on mini m8s ii too....it has ap6212

Except remote...that probably doesn't work.
              The mini m8s ii appears to be similar 212 board and probably would work with your modified firmware. I would do the "guinea pig" testing of it, but don't have one. Be nice to get a free one to test modified firmwares.

Anyways, on the remote, there is give/takeaway on anything that you mod. I for one, wanted rooted firmware, and firmware is ideal for anyone that doesn't want alot of bloatware. I am like you, and been using Logitech K400R for over a year now. Down side, not good for gaming on it. Anyways, should ditch the remotes, the one that comes with Nexbox A95X is kinda of a joke.

I did uninstall Kodi and re-install because I didn't want all the add-ons. The box is just going to be a PVR client in bedroom to replace Verizon Fios media client.

Comment

Works on mini...
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Ill ask Jean to test

Comment

What about remotes?

Comment

I didnt try remote i use mouse. Ill dig them out.
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

What about remotes?
                        Can't get the Nexbox A95X remote to work even after turning it on in settings menu. I know there will be users wanting the remote function to work, but you really need wireless keyboard.

Comment

There is another thread on how to copy over controls just cant find it right now .

Comment

Everyone complains about the included IR remotes, but I use the stock remotes from most of my boxes when using Kodi. Most of my newer boxes have a very good range and direction, ex. I test by pointing to the ceiling and 90 degrees each direction to see how they work, most of my boxes pass. One problem I have encountered is that some of my IR remotes control several of these boxes, which is a pain for me, because I have 9 different boxes connected to my AVR. Don't get me wrong, my coffee table is full of different keyboards, mice and air mice, ect. I have used granddaughters different colored finger nail polish to mark the remotes, mice and keyboard, with their respective receiver adapter.
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                              Everyone complains about the included IR remotes, but I use the stock remotes from most of my boxes when using Kodi. Most of my newer boxes have a very good range and direction, ex. I test by pointing to the ceiling and 90 degrees each direction to see how they work, most of my boxes pass. One problem I have encountered is that some of my IR remotes control several of these boxes, which is a pain for me, because I have 9 different boxes connected to my AVR. Don't get me wrong, my coffee table is full of different keyboards, mice and air mice, ect. I have used granddaughters different colored finger nail polish to mark the remotes, mice and keyboard, with their respective receiver adapter.
                              Sounds like you could benefit from a Logitech Harmony.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I believe it is remote.conf. I can write a script to run from terminal to swap out.

Comment

Working...
                                X