Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    Is the A5 rooted already? And what needs to be done to bring it up to speed?
    A5 shows that it is rooted with rootchecker. I have a boot to recovery app that is working but superSU will not install and other apps that require root do not work.Would love to have navigation and notification bars working too.

Comment

I have a Harmony. hahah
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by gtznutz View Post

A5 shows that it is rooted with rootchecker. I have a boot to recovery app that is working but superSU will not install and other apps that require root do not work.Would love to have navigation and notification bars working too.
        Had the same issue with the A95X S906. So, if yours a Nexbox A5 S906, suggest download the firmware from #1 post as it is rooted. I am running the firmware on A95X S905X and is rooted. There maybe issues with the remotes and if you need your remote, I would wait till +prahjister has fixed remote.

Comment

Trying to gather remote.conf files from /system/etc from stock roms....and clarification on which boxes it works on....

I have remote.conf from Tanix tx pro minim8sii and Nexbox A5 missing nexbox a95x.

Can someone test on the A5. I see drivers here for it?
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I can get you a95x if you want. I'd guess it's the same as A5 since they use the identical remote.

Comment

Well prahjister you talked me into it. Remote is a no go on A5 but was trying it out with my K400 and now it is stuck in kodi will not exit.so it looks like I will have to flash back to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by gtznutz View Post
                Well prahjister you talked me into it. Remote is a no go on A5 but was trying it out with my K400 and now it is stuck in kodi will not exit.so it looks like I will have to flash back to stock.
                Press the home button on the k400 or pull up from bottom and press home on navigation bar. Does wifi work?
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I did three finger salute and restarted it . Superuser is working so I seem to have root. Wi-Fi doesn't seem to be working also stuck at turning on I.did get kodi to exit after reboot. I'll keep testing but I really need the remote so I can turn on off.
                  Last edited by gtznutz; 08-16-2016, 07:04.

Comment

I still have to add remotes in. I could write an app but a lot of work. I could shell script. But I could also just provide them and just need to copy appropriate one with es file.

Comment

Apologies for my Noobness ... will this custom firmware (on page 1) work with the COOLEME MB1 Amlogic S905X 2G DDR3 RAM 8G eMMC ROM Android 6.0 Box ?

"About" Screen if it helps ... Thanks

Comment

Which wifi chip do you have and do you have your stock to restore to if something goes wrong

Comment

Thanks for your reply ... how do i find the info about the wifi chip ? (also, i'm using wired ethernet .. so i'm not really concerned if wifi stops working)

Have no "Stock Firmware" ... but the user vidim reckons this firmware [link below] (in posts #183, #184) is COOLEME Box compatible

Quote: "banggood sent for mini M8S II. Firmware for SKU439943 this is COOLEME TV BOX"
                          http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...772#post589772

I also, purchased mine from Banggood
                          http://www.banggood.com/COOLEME-MB1-...p-1063888.html

Comment

think of installing this on a M8SII does everything work IE Wifi.

Comment

@prahjister

Haven't found the WiFi Chip info ... but did find the board type[installed Hardware Info App]the COOLEME is a p212 Device/Product/Board {Pictured Below}

So, i'm assuming it is a re-branded Mini M8S II

And if so .... is this statement correct Quote: "The board is p212 (useful if you want to try alternative firmware)"
                              http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/07/...-6-0-firmware/

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post
                                @prahjister

Haven't found the WiFi Chip info ... but did find the board type[installed Hardware Info App]the COOLEME is a p212 Device/Product/Board {Pictured Below}

So, i'm assuming it is a re-branded Mini M8S II

And if so .... is this statement correct Quote: "The board is p212 (useful if you want to try alternative firmware)"
                                http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/07/...-6-0-firmware/

JoeySmyth It appears to be same as the Nexbox A95X S905X 2GB/8GB that I have. Just look at my previous comments here of my successful completion of flashing. I have it running with one minor issue with the cheap remote not working. I don't care about because have Logitech K400R that works without issues. I took a chance on flashing because mine was already bricked trying root it. I'd say if yours is rooted then stay where you are. If you can do a backup of the firmware, then go for it and flash it with the USB Burning that you can get here on forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X