Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could also be related to whether your TV is using full or limited range, so if such a setting is available, it might be worth checking.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by Masterzk View Post
      I think the brigthness problems is TV related, I was facing the same issue on my Samsung TV, after some research I turn off dynamic contrast and eco settings and the problem is gone.
      Unfortunately it's not related to tv manufacturer. I've checked 3 different monitors(samsung, aoc, asus), and 1 tv(philips) and all of them were affected. I guess there's only chance when you won't experience problems - if both tvbox and TV are in limitedRGB mode. In this case hardware codecs force limitedRGB mode as always, but it's already in limitedRGB so you won't see changes. My TV expects fullRGB and doesn't have any settings related to RGB range so the bug is visible each time.

Comment

Originally posted by rix81 View Post
        Unfortunately it's not related to tv manufacturer. I've checked 3 different monitors(samsung, aoc, asus), and 1 tv(philips) and all of them were affected. I guess there's only chance when you won't experience problems - if both tvbox and TV are in limitedRGB mode. In this case hardware codecs force limitedRGB mode as always, but it's already in limitedRGB so you won't see changes. My TV expects fullRGB and doesn't have any settings related to RGB range so the bug is visible each time.
        My Samsung TV hasn't any option about the limitedRGB too. So we can't do anything to fix this issue?
        It seems the only way is to "force" the box to switch in fullRGB... Guys, I know you can do this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pfornaro View Post

My Samsung TV hasn't any option about the limitedRGB too. So we can't do anything to fix this issue?
          It seems the only way is to "force" the box to switch in fullRGB... Guys, I know you can do this!!!
          What r your symptoms and your scenario. When I use kodi 16.1 from play store with amcodec off I have no issues.
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

What r your symptoms and your scenario. When I use kodi 16.1 from play store with amcodec off I have no issues.
            I also don't have amcodec enabled, just the other 2 codecs but I have this frustrating issue.. the problem is that when there's too much black in the scene, the image becomes really dark and it's barely watchable.
            I did some researches and I found that there's an option on Samsung TV called "HDMI black level!" that is responsible of the RGB mode, if the option is set to normal (as in my case) the RGB is limited, instead if it's set to low the RGB is full.

I also found that my issue (about the darkness) is due to the fact that the device output is on full rgb and the tv is instead on limited. The problem is that I can't change the black level option!! It's stuck on normal and it seems there is no way to change it.

EDIT: on another forum I found that if the option can't be changed it's because it's already set on the correct profile (in this case on low) but if it's so why I am still getting this frustrating issue? I will past what I found about that option:

"Please Note: The "HDMI Black Level" setting is only available (not "grayed-out") when the input signal, from a device connected to the TV via HDMI, is set to RGB.

All video discs, including Blu-rays, DVDs and Video CDs, are encoded as YCbCr which has a native "limited" color range of 16-235 (for 8-bit sources). Most HDMI devices (Blu-ray players, Satellite receivers, Cable boxes) will output a YCrCb signal. It is best to set these source components to output YCbCr not RGB.

An HDMI device that can output an RGB signal (Computer, Gaming console) can usually be set to output either a "limited" (Video level) color range of 16-235 or a "full" (PC level) color range of 0-255.

A "Full-Range" RGB signal of 0-255 refers to the number of color shades that are available in each of the Red, Green, and Blue channels (for a total of 16.78 million possible colors - ranging from Blacker-than-Black to Whiter-than-White). For a "Limited-Range" signal (16-235), a total 10.65 million colors/shades will be available.

When playing back a "Limited-Range" (16-235) RGB signal (Video level), you should set "HDMI Black Level" setting to "Low". When playing back a "Full-Range" (0-255) RGB signal (PC level), you should set it to "Normal".

But to answer your question, the "Auto" setting might not always switch the TV to the "Full" RGB mode when input a "Full-range" signal. Therefore, it is always preferable to switch it manually to match the input signal.

Again, when a YCrCb signal is detected, the "HDMI Black Level" setting will be unavailable ("grayed-out")."
            Last edited by pfornaro; 10-09-2016, 23:46.

Comment

Can u adjust brightness in kodi?
              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                Sure I can, but it's useless for this

Comment

Hi is hevc 10bit x265 works?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have recently bought the Nexbox A95X (S905X) 2G/16G model and with all these boxes the remotes are usually crap so I decided to plug my M3 air mouse in which works on my Mini M8s but it does not work at all.

Could this firmware help with this issue perhaps or does anyone know on how to get the air mouse working with this box?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by karlypants View Post
                      I have recently bought the Nexbox A95X (S905X) 2G/16G model and with all these boxes the remotes are usually crap so I decided to plug my M3 air mouse in which works on my Mini M8s but it does not work at all.

Could this firmware help with this issue perhaps or does anyone know on how to get the air mouse working with this box?

Many thanks
                      I have one of these controllers too and the fact that it has it's own USB dongle should enable it to work with any box.

Have you tried both USB ports?

It does work on the TX5 Pro with this and all other firmware.
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister
                        Hi that's hevc 10 bit h265 Playback works?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I have one of these controllers too and the fact that it has it's own USB dongle should enable it to work with any box.

Have you tried both USB ports?

It does work on the TX5 Pro with this and all other firmware.
                          I have tried both USB ports with no luck.

I have tested the ports and work fine with a Logitech wireless mouse and a 32GB pen drive.

I will try this firmware to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by karlypants View Post

Many thanks
                            Is the air mouse u use the mx3? That what i have and it works fine. I did notice that on first boot after a flash u cant plug it in till it fully boots or it acts up. My remote is actually the mx3-m. It has the mic with voice button instead of the internet button.

Comment

Originally posted by esloudan View Post
                              Is the air mouse u use the mx3? That what i have and it works fine. I did notice that on first boot after a flash u cant plug it in till it fully boots or it acts up. My remote is actually the mx3-m. It has the mic with voice button instead of the internet button.
                              Yes this is the MX3 mouse that I had been having trouble with.

After experimenting with the firmware in this thread which didn't solve the issue, it now turns out that the USB ports on the Nexbox do not like the USB dongle for the air mouse and I have managed to get around this issue with using a small length male to female extension.

Comment

Hey everyone, and thank you prahjister for this awesome firmware but it seems I have a problem.

The wifi will connect and work however when I try to load any video or even to a speed test it will say something along the lines of "Network Communication Error" or "Trouble Communicating with the server"

This happens in Kodi, Youtube, Browser based speed test, and the Ookla speed test app.

If anyone would have any idea as to what is wrong it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X