Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canbonbon View Post
    Hello, I recently purchased Nexbox A95X. However it is unable to play HEVC/H265 files. Is there any fix that I could apply? I have flashed it to the latest firmware provided by the manufacturer (09/23/2016) but I continue to run into same issues. Only Plex works if uncheck direct play/direct stream checkboxes (which I assume means Plex server must be transcoding somehow). But Kodi does not work at all. If I uncheck the two provided codecs, the movie works in slow motion. Otherwise I see green/pink screen (see attached).
    Try this firmware. Plays well
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I want to use this for my Tanix TX5 Pro instead of official ROMS, but this is based on such a old ROM which doesn't have HDMI CEC in the options. And also, please try to fix the power button issue, I want to make it sleep instead of power off when I press the button. Is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

Try this firmware. Plays well
        Hello Prahjister, I was finally able to install your image and then run updates on it. Did not use the customization tool at all, just plainly uploaded the img file. Not sure if that is the right thing to do or not.

A lot things started working and a few things don't work. I have the Nexbox A95X

First and foremost, Kodi started playing H265/HEVC files flawlessley (so thanks a bunch for that). But here are the issues I am running into.

1) The Nexbox remote does not work I immediately put a USB wireless mouse to alleviate that issue for now, but it would be great if there is a way to make the original remote work
        2) Kodi works fine but when I try to exit out of Kodi, it crashes. Means there is no graceful exit from it. Not sure what the reason could be.
        3) The file browser on the main page crashes the Oranth launcher. Thankfully ES Explorer works fine.
        4) Could not figure out any way to change the widgets on the Homepage. e.g. I would like to change the File Browser to something else. In the stock firmware, I could press the OK button for long and then it will allow me to change it to something else. But since my original remote is not working, I am not sure how to do that. The wireless mouse's OK button does nothing on long press.
        5) Downloaded the PLEX app. It works only if I uncheck "Direct Play" and "Direct Stream" checkboxes. And the Android player needs to be disabled as well. I was so hoping that with this player's good hardware, direct play should work just fine. Not sure if the issue is with the Plex Android app or some other configuration that might be missing. It also means that there is always transcoding going on at the Plex server level even though I don't think that this box needs it.

I will continue to test this further and post my feedback. I will do sound tests next with Yamaha Receiver and see if passthrough is working for me not.

Thanks again. Except for the above few minor issues, this is a great build. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Comment

If you move the remote.conf in system/remote to system/etc your remote will mostly work.

Kodi crashing is a kodi issue.

Orange launcher is not good. Use another launcher. Try square home launcher or Android TV from the play store. I tried to customize the launcher and failed. I removed stock file browser that is why it failed

not sure on Plex why and can't test right now. Currently only Plex server I am using is remote. Only thing I can think of is possible your nas or share is password protected?

For kodi passthrough remember to hear the notification before starting Kodi
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

If you move the remote.conf in system/remote to system/etc your remote will mostly work.

Kodi crashing is a kodi issue.

Orange launcher is not good. Use another launcher. Try square home launcher or Android TV from the play store. I tried to customize the launcher and failed. I removed stock file browser that is why it failed

not sure on Plex why and can't test right now. Currently only Plex server I am using is remote. Only thing I can think of is possible your nas or share is password protected?

For kodi passthrough remember to hear the notification before starting Kodi
            Great thanks. Installed Android TV launcher and seems to be working fine.

Could *not* copy the remote.conf file to system/etc. It keeps saying it is read only. I even went in terminal emulator and did su and tried to change the permissions of the file by doing chmod 777. But even that fails. Could you please post instructions on how to copy that file? I am sorry if this is a very basic question as I don't have much experience with this.

I will continue to look into Plex and Kodi passthrough issues and report later. Thanks again for all your good work and help.

Comment

[QUOTE=canbonbon;n610788]

Great thanks. Installed Android TV launcher and seems to be working fine.

Could *not* copy the remote.conf file to system/etc. It keeps saying it is read only. I even went in terminal emulator and did su and tried to change the permissions of the file by doing chmod 777. But even that fails. Could you please post instructions on how to copy that file? I am sorry if this is a very basic question as I don't have much experience with this.

Install FILE MANAGER from google play store. Open it, then go to the settings and enable txt editing. You can now use file manager to copy/move/paste etc. Hope this helps.

Comment

Need es file explorer to mount system as rw

Comment

Need es file explorer to mount system as rw
                  Thanks, that did it. Remote is working now. So pretty much all my issues have been resolved except Plex app. Not sure why it doe not work for HEVC/H265 files. It works great for all other types of files.

It crashed a couple of times too, so I have sent the logs to them. Maybe they will work on that. There is a provision in Plex App to use native Android Player. When I check that box, the screen goes blank. If I select the "direct play" option, I get the green/pink screen as in my pictures above. The only way Plex seems to work is when I *uncheck" Direct Play and Direct Streaming, Local Android Player disabled. It works fine with those options but gives me trouble when doing pass thru.

Maybe future updates of this app might fix some of these issues. I will go post on Plex forums.

Comment

Hi, i installed this rom in my TX5 2/8 and all works fine except bluetooth, any chance to get Bluetooth works?
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by canbonbon View Post
                      2) Kodi works fine but when I try to exit out of Kodi, it crashes. Means there is no graceful exit from it. Not sure what the reason could be.
                      Go to System > Video > Acceleration and disable amcodec. It's an old acceleration method that's no longer used by S905X and newer chips. I find that I have to disable MediaCodec also or the audio is out of sync in most videos. You must leave MediaCodec (Surface) enabled though or nothing will play.

Cheers!

Comment

Prahjister the new tx5pro has different wifi hardware. I tried installing old stock or your custom rom but wifi is not working. Do you have a tutorial how to replace wifi driver?

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post

Go to System > Video > Acceleration and disable amcodec. It's an old acceleration method that's no longer used by S905X and newer chips. I find that I have to disable MediaCodec also or the audio is out of sync in most videos. You must leave MediaCodec (Surface) enabled though or nothing will play.

Cheers!
                          Thanks for your suggestions. However, I have Nexbox A95X and the following things happen with different acceleration options:
                          1) Only AMCodec checked all files play but sometimes I get "Unfortunately Kodi has stopped" but only when I press the power/exit button on Kodi. Otherwise the movies play fine.
                          2) Only MediaCodec (surface) checked: The H265/HEVC movies show green/pink screen and do not play
                          3) Only MediaCodec checked: The H265/HEVC movies show green/pink screen and do not play
                          4) All unchecked, other files play fine but H265/HEVC play in slow motion
                          5) All checked, everything plays fine but I do get "unfortunately, Kodi has stopped" when I exit out of it. So its probably the same as option 1 above.

So I guess at this point, (and since a large part of my library is H265/HEVC) the best option for me is Option 1 or 4 above. So I do get a crash when I exit, I guess I can live with that. I have currently left it at Option 4. I am not 100% sure how Kodi works but maybe keeping all codes checked maybe allows it to pick the best codec for the material it is playing. Not sure but for now, it is working for me.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Comment

I'm having problems with 3,5mm audio output on my TX5 Pro. It plays most sounds just fine. But when playing Plex and AC3 audio I don't get any sound at all. If I turn on the speakers on the TV I get sound which means pass-through works. But I can't seem to deactivate passthrough and play sound via the analog 3,5mm output when it is AC3. I have Passthrough in Plex disabled.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by joq3 View Post
                              I'm having problems with 3,5mm audio output on my TX5 Pro. It plays most sounds just fine. But when playing Plex and AC3 audio I don't get any sound at all. If I turn on the speakers on the TV I get sound which means pass-through works. But I can't seem to deactivate passthrough and play sound via the analog 3,5mm output when it is AC3. I have Passthrough in Plex disabled.

Any ideas?
                              Have you tried an external player...I think there is a way to do that.

Comment

prahjister or anyone else involved, has anyone had any luck figuring out what NEXBOX did to make the KODI button open up kodi? I've tried mapping "key 394 KODI" in the Generic.kl found in system\usr\keylayout DIR. but still wont load kodi...

after modification to Generic.kl and using KeyTest.apk this is the outcome...

is it possible they made changes in the framework?

Edit: found this file in the NEXBOX firmware "Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl" and its different from the one found in this modded firmware... I've replaced it and seems to change some of the keymaps with it in the OK button stops working? might be a file to look into? as with this file 394 is assigned to KODI
                                Last edited by pigbait; 12-01-2016, 21:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X