Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to get it working but it wasnt easy and required and app from the play store.

Required
    Button remapper from the play store
    keytest apk i think it is on github and side load.

I looked at the original remote.conf file and found kodi button and changed to hex value for the f1 button in same file. then used button remapper app from play store. I think you can make 2 on the free one.

This is from memory about a month ago.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister
      I was able to get it working but it wasnt easy and required and app from the play store.

Required

I looked at the original remote.conf file and found kodi button and changed to hex value for the f1 button in same file. then used button remapper app from play store. I think you can make 2 on the free one.

Can you upload the remap remote.config file please

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

Required

I'm trying without needing a keymapping app, whats strange is I can map the kodi button to lets say opening up the web browser or the settings screen.. but if I add "key 394 KODI" to both "Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl" & "Generic.kl" and reboot the remote stops working.... I'm thinking maybe the lines "KODI" isnt correct and maybe more code is needed?

Comment

Abridged version to the port guide I wrote http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/08/...x-s905-tv-box/

Moved over entire framework, systemui.apk settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk from MINIM8S firmware in the system directory to Tanix. I did have to use another utility to take the sd card type firmware apart.

Proper Root
          /system/remote with all the remote.conf files copy the appropriate remote.conf to /system/etc then reboot
          add update ota script so you don't have to flash brand new img for tweaks every time and loose everything
          Added Android TV Youtube, Terminal Emulator, Speedtest, Universal Init.d, Passthrough Fix

Passthrough Fix (Thank you itsmeedoofer for getting me headed in the right direction)

To use the passthrough fix. Go into android settings more settings apps privileges and turn on storage privileges. then notifications and give it priority. Launch the app and use reboot button. Give it root privileges.
          From then on after rebooting wait until you hear the notification sound and see the app has received root privileges. Most of the time it takes 15 seconds after you see launcher. It takes a while longer at first. And I had to reboot several times to settle down. The app is waiting for boot complete from the OS and it lots of apps are starting it will extend the time.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5k...ix_Tx5_Pro.zip updated 8/23/16

You can test the update script by opening terminal emulator and typing su then update....It downloads and to confirm it works you see "It Worked"

Confirmed to work on

Tanix TX5 Pro
          MINIM8SII
          Nexbox A5
          Nexbox A95x All
          COOLEME MB1 (remote works with no modification/ Bluetooth doesn't)

What doesn't work

Power button settings in android settings doesn't appear to work (Tells box to sleep or power off when power button is pressed)
          Power button on supplied remote for devices other then Tanix do not wake device up.

FYI

I am not a dev. I will keep this post updated with the basic steps taken and changes made. This is to try to help spur everyone to help make these boxes better and give it a shot. It is not very hard...Google is your friend.

Have Fun

Big thanks to gtznuts to get the last boxes working

How to Update

Open the terminal emulator and type "su" then "update" I would subscribe to this thread to be notified of updates

8.26.16 Update

Added playercorefactory.xml for installation ease to play the the few files that Kodi wont play smoothly. After running the update script and use MX Player in Kodi run "su" if not already root then "playercorefactory.sh". You can remove by running again. If you run into a movie that is not playing right long left click the file, or press c, or option button on remote and go to play using and choose MX Player.

8.27.16 Update

Finally looked into that stupid enter issue with keyboard users. To fix by hand change /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl 28 from DPAD_CENTER to ENTER. Or your can run update and it will do it for you. I can't believe I never looked into this before and how easy it was to fix.

8.28.16 Update

Thanks esloudan for making a new boot logo.

8.31.16 Update

Thanks esloudan for making a new bootanimation. After updating run "su" if not already root then bootani.sh.......if you dont care for it run it again to restore the original

9.15.16 Update is available Reboot Required

Thank you SuperCeleron for the brightness fix.
          On the MiniM8s II wifi don't work. In the last part of MiniM8S II they updated wifi chip to AP6212A

Comment

Hi can someone please help me. Every spmc/kodi incl Jarvis 17 I've tried with amcodec on (need it on to play hevc 10bit) keeps causing crashes all the time. Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by ddogishere View Post
              Hi can someone please help me. Every spmc/kodi incl Jarvis 17 I've tried with amcodec on (need it on to play hevc 10bit) keeps causing crashes all the time. Thanks.
              For a better experience try LibreElec,

7.0.2.009 (2016-11-06) Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.2.009 [URL:https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/tree/7.0.2.009] Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux-amlogic-le at ffa3f8ce0d0e00a4549df13a0f65eab6112db1e7…

Most of the limitations quirks of Android are removed, put simply it works.... I run it from SD card so if for any reason I need android, I can simply chose the option to reboot into NAND, best of both worlds...

Comment

Originally posted by ddogishere View Post
                Try this ver of SPMC.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска
                Nvidia Sheild Tv
                ADT-1 Developer Kit
                Wetek Core
                Fire Tv2
                Beelink GT1
                Raspberry Pi2
                Odroid C2
                Nexbox A5

Comment

Abridged version to the port guide I wrote http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/08/...x-s905-tv-box/

Moved over entire framework, systemui.apk settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk from MINIM8S firmware in the system directory to Tanix. I did have to use another utility to take the sd card type firmware apart.

Proper Root
                  /system/remote with all the remote.conf files copy the appropriate remote.conf to /system/etc then reboot
                  add update ota script so you don't have to flash brand new img for tweaks every time and loose everything
                  Added Android TV Youtube, Terminal Emulator, Speedtest, Universal Init.d, Passthrough Fix

Passthrough Fix (Thank you itsmeedoofer for getting me headed in the right direction)

To use the passthrough fix. Go into android settings more settings apps privileges and turn on storage privileges. then notifications and give it priority. Launch the app and use reboot button. Give it root privileges.
                  From then on after rebooting wait until you hear the notification sound and see the app has received root privileges. Most of the time it takes 15 seconds after you see launcher. It takes a while longer at first. And I had to reboot several times to settle down. The app is waiting for boot complete from the OS and it lots of apps are starting it will extend the time.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5k...ix_Tx5_Pro.zip updated 8/23/16

You can test the update script by opening terminal emulator and typing su then update....It downloads and to confirm it works you see "It Worked"

Confirmed to work on

Tanix TX5 Pro
                  MINIM8SII
                  Nexbox A5
                  Nexbox A95x All
                  COOLEME MB1 (remote works with no modification/ Bluetooth doesn't)

What doesn't work

Power button settings in android settings doesn't appear to work (Tells box to sleep or power off when power button is pressed)
                  Power button on supplied remote for devices other then Tanix do not wake device up.

FYI

I am not a dev. I will keep this post updated with the basic steps taken and changes made. This is to try to help spur everyone to help make these boxes better and give it a shot. It is not very hard...Google is your friend.

Have Fun

Big thanks to gtznuts to get the last boxes working

How to Update

Open the terminal emulator and type "su" then "update" I would subscribe to this thread to be notified of updates

8.26.16 Update

Added playercorefactory.xml for installation ease to play the the few files that Kodi wont play smoothly. After running the update script and use MX Player in Kodi run "su" if not already root then "playercorefactory.sh". You can remove by running again. If you run into a movie that is not playing right long left click the file, or press c, or option button on remote and go to play using and choose MX Player.

8.27.16 Update

Finally looked into that stupid enter issue with keyboard users. To fix by hand change /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl 28 from DPAD_CENTER to ENTER. Or your can run update and it will do it for you. I can't believe I never looked into this before and how easy it was to fix.

8.28.16 Update

Thanks esloudan for making a new boot logo.

8.31.16 Update

Thanks esloudan for making a new bootanimation. After updating run "su" if not already root then bootani.sh.......if you dont care for it run it again to restore the original

9.15.16 Update is available Reboot Required

Thank you SuperCeleron for the brightness fix.
                  Hello, Just flashed this on my Abox A1 Plus S905x 6.0 box using USB Burning Tool and it flashed successfully but now only boots to the AMLOGIC Logo screen. Figured I would try it since the stock firmware was hit or miss. Any idea what may have gone wrong? Thanks for any help you can give.

Comment

Originally posted by sandog

Try this ver of SPMC.

https://yadi.sk/d/ReJEaYak32E5Bp
                    Much better now thanks my friend.

Comment

I have the Abox A1 Plus S905X 2gb/8gb android box. I have the stock image to restore if something goes wrong. Will this rom work on my box? If I need to give additional info please let me know?
                      thanks

Comment

Hi all,

is there a zip version of this mod so i can set it up through the update/backup option from inside M8sII or this i say cannot be done?

Excuse me if this is a noob question.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards.

Comment

Can someone tell me where to find the latest update 9.15.16. I flashed the one from the link in the first post, but it froze at the AMLOGIC logo screen on boot. Thanks
                          Last edited by dkholm56; 12-10-2016, 14:10.

Comment

I have nexbox a95x 1g 8g I have 2 issues,
                            1) when I install this firmware I can't goto andriod reboot recovery menu pressing av reset button through toothpick?because I want to install libreelec in sd card but I am not able to go into recovery menu pressing reset button..
                            2) second issue is sound is not good means noiseing and breaks after 10 to 15 seconds in this firmware using youtube and kodi, when I install default supplier firmware then sound becomes good...because defaulth update firmware nexbox have surround line drc option available...
                            kindly help me how to go in recovery mode through av reset button like default firmware because I want to install libreelec in sd card?

Comment

There is an issue playing back 10bit x265 files in 1080p - the screen is displaying green garbage mostly. Any chance that this will be fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by drdoolittle View Post
                                There is an issue playing back 10bit x265 files in 1080p - the screen is displaying green garbage mostly. Any chance that this will be fixed?
                                I assume Kodi. Make sure amcodec is turned off
                                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Working...
                                X