Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

I assume Kodi. Make sure amcodec is turned off
    prahjister, I hope I am asking this in the right forum and that I am not breaking any forum rules, but I have been trying to get an answer as to where I can get the latest build of your Frankenstein rom. I successfully flashed it to my Abox A1 Plus amlogic S905X 2g/8g box using the USB Burning Tool, but when I boot it up it gets to the AMLOGIC screen and freezes there. I think the build I downloaded was an early build. Can you please tell me where to get the latest build? I have searched for it but can't seem to find it. I do have the stock recovery for my box if something goes wrong.
    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post

prahjister, I hope I am asking this in the right forum and that I am not breaking any forum rules, but I have been trying to get an answer as to where I can get the latest build of your Frankenstein rom. I successfully flashed it to my Abox A1 Plus amlogic S905X 2g/8g box using the USB Burning Tool, but when I boot it up it gets to the AMLOGIC screen and freezes there. I think the build I downloaded was an early build. Can you please tell me where to get the latest build? I have searched for it but can't seem to find it. I do have the stock recovery for my box if something goes wrong.
      thanks
      The firmware is in post 1, along with information about updates that have been produced since it's introduction.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

The firmware is in post 1, along with information about updates that have been produced since it's introduction.
        Thank you for the reply. Yes I tried that build in the link and it installed but just freezes at the AMLOGIC screen. Guess it isn't compatible with my Abox A1 plus S905X. Sucks because I really wanted to try this rom on my box.

Comment

I notice tick sounds in movies some times i dnt know why thishappening whether i use spmc or kodi or mxplayrr pro this tick sound noise there when i use latest updated firmware for nexbox a95x then problwm gone?

Comment

Me too.. Just started (Kodi 16.1). Skin Helper is also complaining about something when trying to update. Uninstalled Black Glass skin and reinstalled. Still complains. Looking at Kodi log now.
            Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

prahjister --> Kodi keeps crashing. I have asked you this before and you had mentioned that its a Kodi issue.

So I was wondering if I could install or update to a more recent version or build? I know Kodi 17 (Krypton) is still in beta so technically 16.1 (Jarvis) is still the latest version but this build is from August. So maybe they have released a new patch? or more recent build that we could put? I was not sure if I can just upgrade kodi due to lack of amcodec being present (maybe). Any suggestions on how we can upgrade Kodi?

Comment

Wierd. Try spmc latest. 16.5.2

Also test this out if you could

Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Ok I will try both.

I could never understand if SPMC would install as a separate App or would it just replace Kodi?

And finally, is there a special APK for Kodi that you have put in as part of this build? Or am I free to install Kodi APK from Kodi.tv?

Comment

Spmc will work along side Kodi...you can install kodi from kodi.com
                    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

OK I installed SPMC latest version (it installed as a separate app). However, the remote did not work for that app. So I had to uninstall it immediately. I also installed the frame fix apk. Not sure what it does but I just installed it. Haven't used Kodi so much to see if that had any affect. I will report back after some usage. The Kodi version I have is Kodi 16.1 build July 2016. That is all it says. So going back to my original question, can I install either Kodi 17 (beta) or a later build of Kodi 16.1?

Comment

Kodi 17 will install if you are adventurous

Comment

in your custom firmware there are lot of tick sounds while watching movies on any player(kodi/spmc/mxplayer)..kindly how to remove this bug on nexbox a95x s905x?

Comment

If you are using passthrough then need to follow instructions for passthrough fix and give permission to the app

Comment

No I m not using pass through because I have no audio receiver,,I have 2.1 speakers connect through samsung led 3.5 headphone jack...

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                                If you are using passthrough then need to follow instructions for passthrough fix and give permission to the app
                                So the bad news is that passthrough does not work on FTMC. I have installed the latest version of FTMC and when I check pass thru, there is no sound for AC3 or DTS. But AAC works fine. So clearly it is having issues with passing AC3 and DTS. I can get sound by checking 5.1 option, etc. so I am kinda OK but I really wish AC3 and DTS should have worked.

I have applied the passthru patch so not sure what am I doing wrong here. Do you know have any other suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X