Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post
    Apologies for my ignorance ... i am familiar with flashing Rockchip devices (have done it several times)

I have never flashed Amlogic devices ... so i went searching for a Step-by-Step Guide on how to flash Amlogic Firmware

Is this one correct ? ... https://www.entertainmentbox.com/how...-burning-tool/

Or ... if someone could provide me with a link or instructions i would be very grateful

Apologies again for being a NOOB

Yes generally that will do the trick.

What I do is fire up the burning tool, import the firmware and click the start button first.

Then have one end of my USB cable to the PC.

Then push a pin into the reset hole on the bottom of the case whilst I insert the USB cable into the port nearest the sd card (TX5 Pro).

You will then see the software erase the bootloader and start the download, at which point you can remove the pin and let it do it's stuff.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by gtznutz View Post
      My A5 has no power button as well.It was a trick to do. I had to push reset button than connect the power and usb cable at the same time then release reset button.
      For most devices you should not need to use the AC power as the USB cable will deliver enough power to flash on it's own.

Comment

Thanks Bluesman

doh! just realized i have no Male-to-Male USB leads (got heaps of OTG adaptors but they are all Mirco USB) .... guess i'm going shopping today

Comment

Edit: Already answered.. too slow on the draw haha
          Last edited by atvbca; 08-17-2016, 02:42.

Comment

Duplicate post...
            Last edited by atvbca; 08-17-2016, 02:42.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post
              Thanks Bluesman

doh! just realized i have no Male-to-Male USB leads (got heaps of OTG adaptors but they are all Mirco USB) .... guess i'm going shopping today
              You can make one just connect the colors and use some electrical tape
              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Ok need someone to preform quick test... Testing wifi think i found the issue after testing and checking the download speeds on same server.... Use something that you know is constant and give you continual reading.

​​​​​​run the test with out doing and thing. Then run the test holding the box with two fingers directly even with the power in and logo m8s but 1/2 inch in from the extact oposite of the box (front) Thats where the tape is one finger front and back and run the test again mine went from 130 to300 without holding to 1390- 1500m holding it. If same for others think i know fix. I try on mine if works i post it.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Has anyone tried remote files to make sure they work
                  Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Tested 2 times same results here
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Well I just tried the remote.conf for my A5 and I have a problem. I replaced the file and reboot than I powered down with the original remote and then tried to power back on with it and it would not work. So I tried my old X2 remote that was working before I changed file and it powered on. now i have to use old remote to power on then original remote works after it boots.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                        Ok need someone to preform quick test... Testing wifi think i found the issue after testing and checking the download speeds on same server.... Use something that you know is constant and give you continual reading.

​​​​​​run the test with out doing and thing. Then run the test holding the box with two fingers directly even with the power in and logo m8s but 1/2 inch in from the extact oposite of the box (front) Thats where the tape is one finger front and back and run the test again mine went from 130 to300 without holding to 1390- 1500m holding it. If same for others think i know fix. I try on mine if works i post it.
                        Which box do want tested or all of them?

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post

You mean hold 2 fingers over the spot where the wifi "antenna/foil tape" is located and then test again without blocking that area?

Comment

Well I just tried the remote.conf for my A5 and I have a problem. I replaced the file and reboot than I powered down with the original remote and then tried to power back on with it and it would not work. So I tried my old X2 remote that was working before I changed file and it powered on. now i have to use old remote to power on then original remote works after it boots.
                            I wonder if a copy is in the boot partition. I will look. Putting kiddo to sleep

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Which box do want tested or all of them?
                              One other would be good. I can't believe you have all of these

Comment

Can you go into setting and change what power does and see if anything is different

Comment

Working...
                                X