Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Abridged version to the port guide I wrote http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/08/...x-s905-tv-box/

Moved over entire framework, systemui.apk settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk from MINIM8S firmware in the system directory to Tanix. I did have to use another utility to take the sd card type firmware apart.

Proper Root
    /system/remote with all the remote.conf files copy the appropriate remote.conf to /system/etc then reboot
    add update ota script so you don't have to flash brand new img for tweaks every time and loose everything
    Added Android TV Youtube, Terminal Emulator, Speedtest, Universal Init.d, Passthrough Fix

Passthrough Fix (Thank you itsmeedoofer for getting me headed in the right direction)

To use the passthrough fix. Go into android settings more settings apps privileges and turn on storage privileges. then notifications and give it priority. Launch the app and use reboot button. Give it root privileges.
    From then on after rebooting wait until you hear the notification sound and see the app has received root privileges. Most of the time it takes 15 seconds after you see launcher. It takes a while longer at first. And I had to reboot several times to settle down. The app is waiting for boot complete from the OS and it lots of apps are starting it will extend the time.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5k...ix_Tx5_Pro.zip updated 8/23/16

You can test the update script by opening terminal emulator and typing su then update....It downloads and to confirm it works you see "It Worked"

Confirmed to work on

Tanix TX5 Pro
    MINIM8SII
    Nexbox A5
    Nexbox A95x All
    COOLEME MB1 (remote works with no modification/ Bluetooth doesn't)

What doesn't work

Power button settings in android settings doesn't appear to work (Tells box to sleep or power off when power button is pressed)
    Power button on supplied remote for devices other then Tanix do not wake device up.

FYI

I am not a dev. I will keep this post updated with the basic steps taken and changes made. This is to try to help spur everyone to help make these boxes better and give it a shot. It is not very hard...Google is your friend.

Have Fun

Big thanks to gtznuts to get the last boxes working

How to Update

Open the terminal emulator and type "su" then "update" I would subscribe to this thread to be notified of updates

8.26.16 Update

Added playercorefactory.xml for installation ease to play the the few files that Kodi wont play smoothly. After running the update script and use MX Player in Kodi run "su" if not already root then "playercorefactory.sh". You can remove by running again. If you run into a movie that is not playing right long left click the file, or press c, or option button on remote and go to play using and choose MX Player.

8.27.16 Update

Finally looked into that stupid enter issue with keyboard users. To fix by hand change /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl 28 from DPAD_CENTER to ENTER. Or your can run update and it will do it for you. I can't believe I never looked into this before and how easy it was to fix.

8.28.16 Update

Thanks esloudan for making a new boot logo.

8.31.16 Update

Thanks esloudan for making a new bootanimation. After updating run "su" if not already root then bootani.sh.......if you dont care for it run it again to restore the original

9.15.16 Update is available Reboot Required

Thank you SuperCeleron for the brightness fix.
    Last edited by prahjister; 09-20-2016, 20:26.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

OK I throw onto all 3 firmware and test
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Ok it works seems everything working except root and sd card when used as system is showing as 37 gigs on a 32 gig card? so progress... now to see what was missing from the other files Great Job we closer to final fix for these 3 boxes
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

ok it b.....breaks root and that also affects file systems screen shot cant write of access drive nor can file explorer...so more going on then just root broken...Bed time up in few hours

Comment

cool! is there anything similar for nexbox a95x? they are practically the same...

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
            Ok it works seems everything working except root and sd card when used as system is showing as 37 gigs on a 32 gig card? so progress... now to see what was missing from the other files Great Job we closer to final fix for these 3 boxes
            What did you do Scooter? I just flashed the IMG above in TX5 Pro
            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Nm I see it is not rooted. That is odd. I'll check the rest out tonight.

Comment

I had to go into the office today. can you try same tests without adaptable storage. I suspect settings.apk needs to be swapped back to original to clear most issues...hopefully it wont break anything else. Narrowed the issue for notification and navigation to those few folders at least. I cant guess why root broke unless supersu is mandatory in 6.0

Comment

So i did some research and the Mini M8SII is not rooted. Android 6.0 must be way different then previous builds when talking about root.

Comment

Think i found the root problem. In init.amlogic.board.rc it has these lines

service sud /system/xbin/sud --daemon
                    user root
                    group root
                    disabled
                    oneshot

Which doesn't actually start the service. If disabled is taken out it should start the service and restore the root....I am just curious why in stock they were starting it another way and what is starting it. Also may be able to start it with terminal emulator with "service sud start" but root might be required to start....so chicken and egg conundrum.

Comment

Uploading now. 689mb orig was 681mb Link in first post should still work. tested root screenshot. This is mostly stock with exception of systemui and framework folder. Should be done in about an hour. Heading to bed. Please let me know of any regressions.

Originally posted by ogopogo View Post
                      cool! is there anything similar for nexbox a95x? they are practically the same...
                      Point me to the firmware and I will do the same tomorrow night.

Comment

I believe that I have the solution for root.

Download this and extract.

Using the customisation tool on the System APK tab add the Superuser.apk and then the SuperSU.apk

Repack and flash.

When complete, make sure that you are connected to the internet in some form.

Fire up the Play Store and download an app (Petrus reboot perhaps) and run it.

Superuser should kick in to grant permissions, then test the app to see if it runs.

Then, because most ROMs these days come with SuperSU rather than Superuser, run SuperSU, select expert and follow the instructions to update the binaries in the normal way, install an additional component and then to uninstall the detected Superuer.

After a reboot should should be fully rooted with SuperSU.

If you want to stick with Superuser then just don't add the apk in the first place.

Let me know if it works.
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Thank you. This updated one is already rooted

Comment

Great stuff.

What did you do to root it?
                            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

The rom was already rooted. I just broke the root

Comment

Working...
                              X