Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

I have to figure out why stock A5 is such a pain to take apart. Something seems non standard about it.
    prahjister that A5 stock image that is posted here: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/firmw...l#comment-4640 maybe not official firmware from the vendor of inebox. But, the firmware appears to have the su binary installed but does not load properly for some reason.

Comment

prahjister there is the feadback so far for that last rom you did

For the Nexbox A5 2G/16G 2.4G/5G Dual band

-remote still not working as expected
      -WIFI 2.4G and 5G are working
      -BT is working
      -and the box is rooted

good job

Comment

Originally posted by mallox View Post
        prahjister there is the feadback so far for that last rom you did

For the Nexbox A5 2G/16G 2.4G/5G Dual band

-remote still not working as expected
        -WIFI 2.4G and 5G are working
        -BT is working
        -and the box is rooted

good job
        Is there a remote file in the etc directory
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Everything working on tx5 pro, light os,very fast and stable, only issue so far is YouTube is not in full screen. Thanks for all your hard, ps tanix need to use your modded os

Comment

Is there a remote file in the etc directory
            I try to repack as per your tutorial to add the remote.conf from A5 firmware in etc directory.

The remote was working, at least to poweroff, but CANNOT power ON with the remote.

I also try to add the launcher from the A5 that (smart.tv) but screen is just black and it take for ever (10-15 min) for the device to load from the animation.

Comment

Originally posted by mallox View Post

I try to repack as per your tutorial to add the remote.conf from A5 firmware in etc directory.

The remote was working, at least to poweroff, but CANNOT power ON with the remote.

I also try to add the launcher from the A5 that (smart.tv) but screen is just black and it take for ever (10-15 min) for the device to load from the animation.
              I included remote.conf in the img already. It is in /system/etc/remote/yourdevice. Yes only tanix will power on.
              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Hmm, I took page 1 notes as it wouldn't wake from sleep (not that it also wouldn't power on). Maybe that wording should be changed?
                I'm almost ready to give this image a try but waiting for final and to see the outcome of your attempt to root the mini.

Mini M8S II

Comment

Originally posted by kalenz View Post
                  Hmm, I took page 1 notes as it wouldn't wake from sleep (not that it also wouldn't power on). Maybe that wording should be changed?
                  I'm almost ready to give this image a try but waiting for final and to see the outcome of your attempt to root the mini.

Mini M8S II
                  Someone said it was rooted already.

Comment

With the mod TX5 firmware. Sorry, I thought this thread was about trying to root the original firmware (I should have put my comment there).

Comment

Originally posted by kalenz View Post
                      With the mod TX5 firmware. Sorry, I thought this thread was about trying to root the original firmware.
                      Original is not rooted?

Comment

Here it is. I also moved over the one Bluetooth file that was different. (big thanks to gtznuts) Need to really test this all all the boxes...I will test tonight on Tanix TX5 Pro to make sure no issues with it.
                        I would push this over update script but wifi is needed to do that lol. So hopefully this will be final.
                        If you can help test need at least these boxes tested. Once tested on all of them I will move to first post. Again thank you gtznuts

Tanix TX5 Pro AP6255
                        MINIM8SII AP6212
                        Nexbox A95x 2/8 ????
                        COOLEME MB1 (remote works with no modification/ Bluetooth doesn't) ???
                        Nexbox A5 AP6330
                        Nexbox A95x 2/16 AP6330

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6c..._ProA5Test.zip
                        Tested on my COOLEME MB1 ... no difference to the original custom tanix mod eg.

Bluetooth ~ Not Working (tried several Bluetooth devices ... they all time-out)

Wi-Fi ~ Working (did'nt test it last time because i'm used wired primarily)

Remote Control ~ Working without any modification

Root Access ~ Working

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post

Root Access ~ Working
                          What wifi chip and is there stock somewhere? Maybe we can pull Bluetooth files

Comment

Original is not rooted?
                            Post#160
                            I get same on mini m8s ii original firmware trying to install SuperSU.
                            This thread points to TX5 firmware if you want root.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post

Root Access ~ Working
                              Should be able to pull config files from your original rom with the customization tool to fix bluetooth. They are in system/etc/bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by J0hn View Post

prahjister that A5 stock image that is posted here: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/firmw...l#comment-4640 maybe not official firmware from the vendor of inebox. But, the firmware appears to have the su binary installed but does not load properly for some reason.
                                Original rom has su binary also but it is not fully rooted. I have not been able to get rooted maybe Prahjister would like to take a shot at it. (hint hint)

Comment

Working...
                                X