Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zickler View Post
    just for info tried this image with the Tanix TX5 Pro. When using passthrough on Kodi, and fast-forwarding the video, sound goes crazy when normal playback is resumed. cured the "kodi has unfortunately stopped" messages though

great work to all involved
    I couldn't recreate this.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

For me at least when I turn my TV off it breaks the HDMI fix and I have to reboot.
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by zickler View Post
        just for info tried this image with the Tanix TX5 Pro. When using passthrough on Kodi, and fast-forwarding the video, sound goes crazy when normal playback is resumed. cured the "kodi has unfortunately stopped" messages though

great work to all involved
        Try setting keep audio device alive to never and see if that has any effect.

Is this passthrough using HDMI or SPDIF?

Also try with SPMC.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
          What wifi chip and is there stock somewhere? Maybe we can pull Bluetooth files
          Ok, i pulled it apart and took a photo

Comment

You didn't need to take it apart all we need is original rom.

Comment

Originally posted by gtznutz View Post
              You didn't need to take it apart all we need is original rom.
              it's ok, i was curious to see inside besides warranty was already voided by installing custom firmware

at least i know now that "COOLEME" is just a re-branded name for the MiniM8SII

oh, and no, i don't have the original rom (box was not rooted when i bought it)

Comment

Has anyone tested this modded firmware with an external USB or USB-RF keyboard? The stock Mini M8S ii 08/05/2016 firmware that I received from Gearbest a few days ago has disabled the ENTER key for some reason. I tested this with one USB wired keyboard and two USB RF keyboards. It is hard to believe that the manufacturer did not test this.

I also noted that AIDA64 indicates that there are both internal USB 2.0 and internal USB 3.0 hubs in the Mini M8S ii SoC but testing shows that they only connected the two USB ports to USB 2.0. I am guessing that USB 3.0 power draw might overheat the device in such a compact enclosure.
                Last edited by Gooplusplus; 08-23-2016, 04:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooplusplus View Post
                  Has anyone tested this modded firmware with an external USB or USB-RF keyboard? The stock Mini M8S ii 08/05/2016 firmware that I received from Gearbest a few days ago has disabled the ENTER key for some reason. I tested this with one USB wired keyboard and two USB RF keyboards. It is hard to believe that the manufacturer did not test this.

I also noted that AIDA64 indicates that there are both internal USB 2.0 and internal USB 3.0 hubs in the Mini M8S ii SoC but testing shows that they only connected the two USB ports to USB 2.0. I am guessing that USB 3.0 power draw might overheat the device in such a compact enclosure.
                  Enter key is wierd on these boxes on some firmware. I would like to figure out why the on screen keyboard has to be minimized with right mouse for the enter key to work. Maybe a kl file would fix it?

Comment

Firmware for NEXBOX A95X (S905X, 2+16G) now available.
                    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

from here
                    http://www.tvboxnews.com/nexbox-a95x...ware-download/
                    NEXBOX A95X (S905X CPU) Android 6.0 TV Box : 1+8G, 2+8G, 2+16G), the firmwares are different. They have links to all 3 now.
                    This is the site that Nexbox sends you to for firmware as per Nexbox's page here.
                    芭乐app官网下载最新下载是一个包含很多优质主播的在线直播互动平台,芭乐视频app在线网站进入ios为用户打造一个全新得连麦直播环境,你可以在这里找到你喜欢得主播,并且你也可以成为他们得一员。

Comment

Originally posted by tuff350 View Post
                      Firmware for NEXBOX A95X (S905X, 2+16G) now available.
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

from here
                      http://www.tvboxnews.com/nexbox-a95x...ware-download/
                      NEXBOX A95X (S905X CPU) Android 6.0 TV Box : 1+8G, 2+8G, 2+16G), the firmwares are different. They have links to all 3 now.
                      This is the site that Nexbox sends you to for firmware as per Nexbox's page here.
                      http://www.inexbox.com/download-andr...x-coming-soon/
                      Interestingly they include a version of the mod tool and the burning tool. I wonder if it will be easier to mod this one than the A5 rom? I noticed that the A5 rom will simply boot to recovery if you touch the system stuff. Even just opening it, not changing any fields and repacking results in a boot-to-recovery :-( Now I just have to wait for the painfully long download to finish...

Comment

Originally posted by meatheadmike View Post

Interestingly they include a version of the mod tool and the burning tool. I wonder if it will be easier to mod this one than the A5 rom? I noticed that the A5 rom will simply boot to recovery if you touch the system stuff. Even just opening it, not changing any fields and repacking results in a boot-to-recovery :-( Now I just have to wait for the painfully long download to finish...
                        Hopefully they will have the forum up soon. I urged john to provide firmware for all the boxes and have a forum. I got a 1x8 a95x i tested yesterday and this mod works....ill probably try stock and see what it is like soon. I am not sure 1 is enough memory...i would probably suggest a 2x8....1x8 hangs sometimes and i have no issues with Tanix. I will probably do a 1x8 a95x mod soon. Maybe some alterations with android to help with less memory.

Comment

Hey prahjister Nice work with all this Great stuff

Just wondering if you can make an sd card update flashable zip from this test rom

A friend would like to test it on this box but the box has no recovery button
                          China-1 Stock | Buy Nexbox A95X Amlogic S905X 4K KODI Preinstalled Android 6.0 TV BOX 2GB/16GB 2.4G/5G WIFI Bluetooth LAN online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

He has tested the Mini m8s ii sd card stock rom & he did like it apart from no root (Wifi did not work either but he did not mind that)
                          Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                            Hey prahjister Nice work with all this Great stuff

Just wondering if you can make an sd card update flashable zip from this test rom

A friend would like to test it on this box but the box has no recovery button
                            China-1 Stock | Buy Nexbox A95X Amlogic S905X 4K KODI Preinstalled Android 6.0 TV BOX 2GB/16GB 2.4G/5G WIFI Bluetooth LAN online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

He has tested the Mini m8s ii sd card stock rom & he did like it apart from no root (Wifi did not work either but he did not mind that)
                            You don't need a recovery button. My a95x s905x 16/2 box doesn't have one. Just plug in the usb cable and immediately hit "start" on the burn tool.

Comment

Originally posted by meatheadmike View Post

You don't need a recovery button. My a95x s905x 16/2 box doesn't have one. Just plug in the usb cable and immediately hit "start" on the burn tool.
                              Yes That's just what I told him,, He has been trying for days & tried 4/5 pc's He must of brought a crappy usb lead that's all I can think of I no some of them don't work
                              Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

??? Wierd mine had recovery button in av port?
                                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X