Clear All

• DONDIDIT
    replied
    ok i followed steps to a t-- will report back in a sec

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    Originally posted by J0hn View Post

DONDIDIT and prahjister For me, did not use the provided zipped file. Just followed steps provided by meatheadmike.

1. I used the boot files from Tanix TX5 Pro and replaced the boot files in stock firmware using customization tool. Get that firmware here: http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...mware-20160809
    2. Per prahjister step, manually copied SuperSu.apk to C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp\level2\system\ app\(create folder"SuperSu")
    3. Repack stock image and give it a good filename.
    4. Load using USB Burning tool.

So, I don't think you need to mod the init.amlogic.board.rc as didn't need to. You could use the boot files in zip and SuperSu.apk that prahjister provided.

Give me a few minutes and I will test with prahjister steps.
    Thank you for testing...i just provided the download to save a few steps and large download for the tanix firmware.

Leave a comment:

• J0hn
    replied
    Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    DONDIDIT and prahjister For me, did not use the provided zipped file. Just followed steps provided by meatheadmike.

1. I used the boot files from Tanix TX5 Pro and replaced the boot files in stock firmware using customization tool. Get that firmware here: http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...mware-20160809
    2. Per prahjister step, manually copied SuperSu.apk to C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp\level2\system\ app\(create folder"SuperSu")
    3. Repack stock image and give it a good filename.
    4. Load using USB Burning tool.

So, I don't think you need to mod the init.amlogic.board.rc as didn't need to. You could use the boot files in zip and SuperSu.apk that prahjister provided.

Give me a few minutes and I will test with prahjister steps.

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    Originally posted by DONDIDIT View Post
    im getting something similar here on the 2/8 a95x i just added su apk and replaced the uboot .. and after upgrade i cant boot.. just ends up in recovery with the broken android logo.. do i need to delete the u-boot.bin.sd.bin & aml_sdc_burn.ini? thanks for all the help.. im new to editing firmware.. and im probably getting on everybodys nerves lol but thanks for sure
    Try this

Leave a comment:

• DONDIDIT
    replied
    im getting something similar here on the 2/8 a95x i just added su apk and replaced the uboot .. and after upgrade i cant boot.. just ends up in recovery with the broken android logo.. do i need to delete the u-boot.bin.sd.bin & aml_sdc_burn.ini? thanks for all the help.. im new to editing firmware.. and im probably getting on everybodys nerves lol but thanks for sure

Leave a comment:

• Meso
    replied

Which firmware? Ill get it booting. I have a a95x 1/8 to test with.
    I can edit the init.amlogic.board.rc and boot. when adding the SuperSU or su and sudaemon, the device boots into recovery???

Leave a comment:

• Meso
    replied

I have the 2/16.

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    Originally posted by Meso View Post

Now it boots into recovery?

Leave a comment:

• Meso
    replied
    1st step down. Unpack that img with check boxes below. Now add supersu to /system/app pack and flash.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n592892[/ATTACH]
    Now it boots into recovery?

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    1st step down. Unpack that img with check boxes below. Now add supersu to /system/app pack and flash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	592892

Leave a comment:

• Meso
    replied

Unpack the original img only check dtb box replace and pack. Test
    I did this and I can boot. but how to add the SuperSU and edit the init.amlogic.board.rc the box goes to recovery?

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    I did all the steps in this topic http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...2-0-8-and-root

but the nexbox boots into recovery. Any suggestion?
    Unpack the original img only check dtb box replace and pack. Test

Leave a comment:

• Meso
    replied
    I did all the steps in this topic http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...2-0-8-and-root

but the nexbox boots into recovery. Any suggestion?

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    Hi
    I want to know which uboot files to replace with the files from tx5

Leave a comment:

• prahjister
    replied
    Originally posted by DONDIDIT View Post
    i cant lie - its gives me a funny message.. saying "do not detect jdk environment! please instant jdk first..
    Must be environment variables it is looking for.i think java_home

Leave a comment:

Working...
X