• Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEXBOX A95X Amlogic 905X FIRMWARE UPDATE 20160824

New firmware for Nexbox A95X Series.

USB Update Firmware :

Nexbox A95X S905X 2G+8G

Nexbox A95X S905X 2G+16G

Nexbox A95X S905X 1G+8G(Please delete the u-boot.bin.sd.bin & aml_sdc_burn.ini)

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Source blog.geekbuying
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

In case anyone is wondering there is no root access from the GUI yet on the stock firmware. So no apps requiring superuser/supersu will work. You can however access the underlying file system as root via adb. I've tried a multitude of ways to get SuperSU working to no avail. But it is useful for modifying key layouts and things like that:

adb connect x.x.x.x:5555
    adb root
    adb connect x.x.x.x:5555
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount,rw /system

Comment

I was able to root last night...i will post how to later. Only tested on 1/8 but feek it will work on others
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I figured it out. Here's the approach I used:

1. Open the current a95x ROM in the customization tool
        2. Replace the uboot with the uboot files from tx5
        3. Add SuperSU.apk to the list in the system apk tab
        4. profit $$$

Comment

You got it. After analyzing the way the customization tool packs the img i cam to the same conclusion. Did you add the lines to start the service? I also updated su. I moved all the partitions and dtb.
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

In my rom the service was already starting. It just wasn't working. Something about adding the apk caused it to "wake up" and function right off the bat.

Comment

So can you just install SuperSU from play and it will work?

Comment

I can make an update.zip if that is all that it takes.

Comment

I am doing something wrong, cannot get image to pack. It fails at system pack. Just from MeatHead steps, add SuperSu.apk via customization gui and then replaced uboot files with Tanix TX5 uboot files.

I don't really want a update.zip file as want to learn . So could either prahjister or meatheadmike provide steps to fix root for A95X S905X.

Comment

Originally posted by J0hn View Post
                    I am doing something wrong, cannot get image to pack. It fails at system pack. Just from MeatHead steps, add SuperSu.apk via customization gui and then replaced uboot files with Tanix TX5 uboot files.

I don't really want a update.zip file as want to learn . So could either prahjister or meatheadmike provide steps to fix root for A95X S905X.
                    I would try to move supersu by hand. only use the gui to unpack and pack. And dont checkbox the last check box

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

I would try to move supersu by hand. only use the gui to unpack and pack. And dont checkbox the last check box
                      Thanks for the step. All good now, removed some bloatware, removed modified Kodi with more current Kodi. Then added the apps that I wanted, all done by hand per your suggestions. I did try testing without modifying the uboot and just adding SuperSu.apk and it failed to recovery mode.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                        So can you just install SuperSU from play and it will work?
                        Presumably. I didn't have to because it's now pre-installed :-) Every root app I've tried thus far has popped up with the familiar GUI asking for approval. Same when I su in the adb shell. I've got this box dialed in now. I set up mappings for my ouya controllers and installed the Trebuchet launcher.

Question: Did you do anything special to enable the toolbar? I don't really need it pre say, but I'm curious about the process.

Comment

Systemui and framework files.

Comment

Hi,

Could anyone tell me which customization tool should I use to edit this ROM.

Cheers.

Comment

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ion-tool-2-0-7 This has link to 2.0.8

Comment

Working...
                              X