Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XTMOD 2.8 Changelog:

- Rebased Firmware now is from a MX3 II Rom V112M0 dated 3/6/2017, before was a mixed one from Mini M8SII and MX3 II;
    - TWRP Updated 3.1.0.0;
    - Fixed so many little bugs around that you can't imagine;
    - Removed some workaround after bugfixing;
    - Pre-setted launcher, 'cause i saw so many user incapable of click a single setting ();
    - Netflix problem with bootvideo fixed (but you can get same problem if you play Hi-Res video with another app, it's a Netflix app problem, not ROM related, eventually just reboot and it works as it should);
    - Updated SPMC to 16.7.0;
    - Updated pratically all the apps and apks in rom;
    - Added Gmail, and GCalendar by default;
    - Updated hostfile for adblocking;
    - Something that for sure forgot to write down

XTMOD 2.8 for TvBoxes with wifi chipset : AP62X2, AP4354, AP4356, AP6212, AP6212A, AP6255, AP6335, AP43458, AP6330, 8188XX, 8189XX, 8192XX, 8723XX, 8812XX
    (it's a 7zip file to be unpacked and then flashed with Amlogic_USB_burning_tool_2.0.8 or BootcardMaker v2.0.0.2 if you want to use sd method (guide)

If you have a 9377 wifi chip device flash the image, then before booting the rom, go to recovery and install this file:
    - Wifi 9377 TWRP ZIP

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
      XTMOD 2.8 Changelog:

- Rebased Firmware now is from a MX3 II Rom V112M0 dated 3/6/2017, before was a mixed one from Mini M8SII and MX3 II;
      - TWRP Updated 3.1.0.0;
      - Fixed so many little bugs around that you can't imagine;
      - Removed some workaround after bugfixing;
      - Pre-setted launcher, 'cause i saw so many user incapable of click a single setting ();
      - Netflix problem with bootvideo fixed (but you can get same problem if you play Hi-Res video with another app, it's a Netflix app problem, not ROM related, eventually just reboot and it works as it should);
      - Updated SPMC to 16.7.0;
      - Updated pratically all the apps and apks in rom;
      - Added Gmail, and GCalendar by default;
      - Updated hostfile for adblocking;
      - Something that for sure forgot to write down

XTMOD 2.8 for TvBoxes with wifi chipset : AP62X2, AP4354, AP4356, AP6212, AP6212A, AP6255, AP6335, AP43458, AP6330, 8188XX, 8189XX, 8192XX, 8723XX, 8812XX
      (it's a 7zip file to be unpacked and then flashed with Amlogic_USB_burning_tool_2.0.8 or BootcardMaker v2.0.0.2 if you want to use sd method (guide)

If you have a 9377 wifi chip device flash the image, then before booting the rom, go to recovery and install this file:
      - Wifi 9377 TWRP ZIP

Enjoy
      Thanks a lot for update

Comment

[QUOTE=Xannytech;n654636]
        Originally posted by manvel View Post
        >
        No, could be a problem to flash back original fw on Nexbox.
        >
        Could be a problem? But possible?
        For previous versions I have seen some prescription: how to return to stock, reading some Russian site (4pda).
        It is the same with this version? Or now it could not work?
        Actually what is the reason that coming back is difficult? Different bootloader, or partition?
        With my another tv box I have experience to flash it with different firmware from other models and then coming back, but in that case it was just stock firmware from other model with similar parameter.

Comment

[QUOTE=manvel;n654791]
          >
          Could be a problem? But possible?
          For previous versions I have seen some prescription: how to return to stock, reading some Russian site (4pda).
          It is the same with this version? Or now it could not work?
          Actually what is the reason that coming back is difficult? Different bootloader, or partition?
          With my another tv box I have experience to flash it with different firmware from other models and then coming back, but in that case it was just stock firmware from other model with similar parameter.
          ok i provided time ago a zip for nexbox users, probably 4pda posted mine (not sure), so if you know how to flash it back, it's not a problem.
          I wrote that to avoid problems, because when a user ask me before how to come back to stock, normally he is scared of custom rom and want to stay on stock.
          The reason is the Uboot and Bootloader used by Nexbox are sligtly non standard, so after you flash my rom, you cannot use Nexbox way to flash your stock back.

Comment

[QUOTE=Xannytech;n654793]
            Originally posted by manvel View Post

ok i provided time ago a zip for nexbox users, probably 4pda posted mine (not sure), so if you know how to flash it back, it's not a problem.
            I wrote that to avoid problems, because when a user ask me before how to come back to stock, normally he is scared of custom rom and want to stay on stock.
            The reason is the Uboot and Bootloader used by Nexbox are sligtly non standard, so after you flash my rom, you cannot use Nexbox way to flash your stock back.
            Just flashed
            Excellent, very fast and stable, thanks for good firmware

Comment

Hi Xanny. Very good rom again.

I have the mini ms8ii in both WIFI versions, AP6212 and AP6212a.

The AP6212 WIFI is perfect.

Like almost all other roms for this box, the AP6212a WIFI drops out, slow speeds or freeze when streaming.

Replace these 4 files in the system/etc/wifi/6212 folder for perfect AP6212a wifi.
              Testet on 2 boxes with AP6212a wifi, one with the build in antenne and one modded with a external antenna.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Originally posted by kajkok View Post

Like almost all other roms for this box, the AP6212a WIFI drops out, slow speeds or freeze when streaming.

Replace these 4 files in the system/etc/wifi/6212 folder for perfect AP6212a wifi.
                Testet on 2 boxes with AP6212a wifi, one with the build in antenne and one modded with a external antenna.

https://mega.nz/#!Zup31LQC!GQwR_D540...tBoza5pD_YSlgs

it's funny i removed them and used the one you got in my rom actually, because reading into the code and doing some test, these particular drivers are worse than the one i'm actually using. and i'm using streaming a lot!
                Anyway, i'll do some test later and if worth i will include them in next version. Thanks.
                Last edited by Xannytech; 07-06-2017, 20:21.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

XTMOD 2.8 forTvBoxes with wifi chipset : AP62X2, AP4354, AP4356, AP6212, AP6212A, AP6255, AP6335, AP43458, AP6330, 8188XX, 8189XX, 8192XX, 8723XX, 8812XX
                    8723xx - still not work bluetooth on this version of firmware, Xannytech. Why this chipset is not excluded from your list of supported chipsets, I dont understend. Few month ago more people talking about problems with 8723 on your firmware. Why you dont want to hear us, or dont want remove this chipset from your list of supported chipsets? Please arrange this list, Because people see their chipset in your post, Install your firmware and have more problems with not worked wifi, bluetooth etc.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post
                      8723xx - still not work bluetooth on this version of firmware, Xannytech. Why this chipset is not excluded from your list of supported chipsets, I dont understend. Few month ago more people talking about problems with 8723 on your firmware. Why you dont want to hear us, or dont want remove this chipset from your list of supported chipsets? Please arrange this list, Because people see their chipset in your post, Install your firmware and have more problems with not worked wifi, bluetooth etc.
                      Dear digitalriver,
                      i do not own a device with 8723XX chipset, but the base rom i used (different one) has support for it in libs and kernel so i supposed it is working.

I cannot do any test nor users do tests for me when i ask for them, so i cannot be aware that it's not working in 2.8 version.

But if you found a Rom developer that can build a working rom for your device feel free to use it.

I don't like to be offended nor i'd like to cause offence for the user, just remember i did and do this work for free, i'm not the one who sell the device to you, i'm not the manufacturer, i don't work for them, i did this rom for MINI M8S II the other working box are a plus, but i tried to solve all the problems also on other systems, and i tried to gave support to more chipset.

I share my work to just help other users... YOU DO NOT OWN ME, YOU DO NOT PAY ME!!!!! I DO NOT WORK FOR YOU!!!!!

But to avoid any problem caused to the users with different wifi chips, thanks to your report, from now, i will not work with and support any chipset different from the one on my personal device AP62x2, but probably this will be also the last public ROM.

Thanks
                      Xanny
                      Last edited by Xannytech; 07-08-2017, 01:00.

Comment

What can I say Xanny?
                        Thank you for your great work and time spent on these ROMs.
                        It is amazing the amount of information on this forum to help people to learn how to work out and FIX some problems with ROMs.
                        All the best mate and keep .
                        Cheers
                        Kevin (Happy Xanny ROM user)

Comment

Thanks. I have no problems with ROM on mini m8s or nexbox a95x. Everything works as it should.

Comment

Just installed on my M8S Mini II and so far it's running great. Thanks for all of your work. I for one hope you continue to share your ROM publicly... I'm sure many of us feel the same.

I just have one question about the launcher. Is there any way to re-enable edit mode? I removed it and the only way I was able to get it back was by clearing the launcher's data. Reading the app's FAQ, I think they say to pinch the home screen and it will display a yellow lock icon that may allow you to re-enable it, but obviously that's not possible on a TV box.

edit: There's an issue with these boxes where the on-screen keyboard doesn't popup sometimes on certain search/text boxes when using chrome. Dunno if this is a chrome bug, but it happens on the official firmware, too and is not specific to your ROM, but just thought I'd bring it up as it may be something that you can look into.
                            Last edited by rahzel; 07-08-2017, 10:01.

Comment

Originally posted by kajkok View Post

https://mega.nz/#!Zup31LQC!GQwR_D540...tBoza5pD_YSlgs

I just did some test and the wifi works much better with your files. Thanks

Comment

Dear digitalriver,
                                i do not own a device with 8723XX chipset, but the base rom i used (different one) has support for it in libs and kernel so i supposed it is working.

I cannot do any test nor users do tests for me when i ask for them, so i cannot be aware that it's not working in 2.8 version.

But if you found a Rom developer that can build a working rom for your device feel free to use it.

I don't like to be offended nor i'd like to cause offence for the user, just remember i did and do this work for free, i'm not the one who sell the device to you, i'm not the manufacturer, i don't work for them, i did this rom for MINI M8S II the other working box are a plus, but i tried to solve all the problems also on other systems, and i tried to gave support to more chipset.

I share my work to just help other users... YOU DO NOT OWN ME, YOU DO NOT PAY ME!!!!! I DO NOT WORK FOR YOU!!!!!

But to avoid any problem caused to the users with different wifi chips, thanks to your report, from now, i will not work with and support any chipset different from the one on my personal device AP62x2, but probably this will be also the last public ROM.

Thanks
                                Xanny
                                Tnx for all mate .....

Comment

Working...
                                X