Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnewbie View Post
    Hello. I wanted something with root access so I can flick between Android and Libreelec with reboot update without going to the reset button and for that it's perfect. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out why the remote is not working.

I have tried with the remote.conf from the original Yundoo Y6 firmware and also from the Libreelec sd card but can't get it to work and I can't think why. Works fine in Libreelec. Also, have enabled in the remote menu in settings. The remote.conf for the Y6 seem to be the same as the one X96.

Anybody any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks - any help much appreciated.
    Never mind. Just reflashed and tried again and seems to be working now. No idea why.

Comment

Two things that come to mind is location of the remote.conf file, and more overlooked is setting the remote.conf file properties to 644. This is easily done though the file commander app's file properties settings.

Comment

Never mind. Just reflashed and tried again and seems to be working now. No idea why.
        So a question to you. What method do you use to boot into Libreelec? That's what I'm going to try next.

thank You,

Woogetybop

Comment

Originally posted by Woogetybop View Post

So a question to you. What method do you use to boot into Libreelec? That's what I'm going to try next.

thank You,

Woogetybop
          I installed Terminal Shortcut from the Play Store, created a shortcut with the command "reboot update" check the run with root privileges checkbox. So much easier than fiddling about with the toothpick in the AV port.

The only thing left to fix is the power on from the remote but would require re-installing original firmware and I can't be bothered at the moment.

Comment

Two things that come to mind is location of the remote.conf file, and more overlooked is setting the remote.conf file properties to 644. This is easily done though the file commander app's file properties settings.
            Nah tried all of that. Also set it to 777 so that should definitely have worked. It might be because the installation of the rom didn't go flawlessly - it hanged for ages when installing and I had to turn it off and back on again and then it booted.

Comment

I installed Terminal Shortcut from the Play Store, created a shortcut with the command "reboot update" check the run with root privileges checkbox. So much easier than fiddling about with the toothpick in the AV port.

The only thing left to fix is the power on from the remote but would require re-installing original firmware and I can't be bothered at the moment.
              I've read enough to know that the power on function is built into the boot code. So I figured now that it's running on modified Mini m8s II firmware I was going to get me a Mini M8S II remote control and put that remote.conf back in the system. Then everything will work correctly. I have the TV and my sound system CEC turned on. Currently I have to turn the tv on and go to settings, HDMI, then tell it to turn the tv Box on. Too many steps. I tested by removing power and back on again on the TV Box. So it acted as the start and It powered everything on together. So with the remote on button issue fixed I'll be golden.

Comment

I've read enough to know that the power on function is built into the boot code. So I figured now that it's running on modified Mini m8s II firmware I was going to get me a Mini M8S II remote control and put that remote.conf back in the system. Then everything will work correctly. I have the TV and my sound system CEC turned on. Currently I have to turn the tv on and go to settings, HDMI, then tell it to turn the tv Box on. Too many steps. I tested by removing power and back on again on the TV Box. So it acted as the start and It powered everything on together. So with the remote on button issue fixed I'll be golden.
                I realised the 2 button can turn the box on so I have set it up on the Logitech remote. All works the way it should now but navigating on the android with a remote is painful so air mouse it will have to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech

You're totally OFF TOPIC, anyway it's not a good idea to buld a S912 Kernel with S905X sources.
                  I can accept that you're right but why? that's I asked it. The s905x sdk contains q201 and separate s912 is nowhere.
                  If not a good idea where can i find proper s912 source for Android?
                  You are not really helpful but the others wasn't so enemy.
                  If you don't want to reply here, please reply under the proper thread I posted here or in PM. That would be the correct.
                  Last edited by pszab; 07-21-2017, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by pszab View Post

I can accept that you're right but why. It has the q201 device.
                    Where can i find proper s912 source for Android?
                    For the second time you're OFF TOPIC, on XDA i can manage my thread here not, but do not take advantage of this flaw of the forum.
                    Open a thread and we'll help you if we can.

Kindly
                    Xanny

Comment

If he posts off topic again hes gone.
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hello,

just successfully flashed my T6 1G/8GB Box with your ROM and it's really smooth and less laggy than the stock firmware.

Thank you for this ROM and the hard work

greeTz,
                        MarkusP87

Comment

Holy cow Xannytech you've been one busy coder. Hope to try out the new firmware soon, just need to find a new adapter for my Yundoo as it burned itself out so I am currently powering it through USB haha. I really hope your tip jar is getting full with all these new people coming here. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this project. In the next week or so I will be trying out your new firmware and will let you know what I think

Comment

Originally posted by ddogishere View Post
                            Hi you OK? Was it you that produced step by step guide of how to change the bootloader so you can use the full function of the remote (nexbox) on this brilliant Xanny Rom? Many thanks.
                            I haven't looked into this forum in months but yeah it was me that posted it. Glad it came in useful
                            "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Can Xanny incorporate those changes into his boot code for full remote functions, or is this modding of the boot code for other model remotes that are not M8SII?

Comment

Hi. I have a Mini M8S II that i have running xannytech rom, and i can update it anytime.
                                Now i have bought another one, but i cant update it. Neither using the sd card method (says it cant mount the sd card or something like that, in the recovery), nor the burning tool.

Has anyone managed to install the rom, on a new box lately? If so, any tips?

best regards,
                                azizlaite

EDIT: Several other users are reporting bricked boxes after trying to update the rom (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-with-nand-pin). Seems there's something different with the new batch of boxes. So caution is advised (and help, very much aprecciated).
                                Last edited by azizlaite; 07-31-2017, 23:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X