Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read the thread and nobody says xannytech ROM has caused any problems? Just faulty/cheap clone boxes. The problem is they are incompatible with this and any other previous ROM for m8s mini ii. My advice would have been to copy the WiFi drivers and remote.conf to a usb before doing any updates.

I would just send it back to wherever you bought it from.

Comment

Pliss add RTL8723bs bluetooth suport

Comment

I think asking politely is not a issue. Xanny knows we watch. But asking and thinking you may get a response is normal. Keep on topic.

We like that Xanny here. I know its alot of posts because it popular most questions asked over and over so take some time and read the thread. Be surprised how much usefull info is in it
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Adding a donation never hurts your cause with any dev. But giving any donation is just that. May or may not fix your wanted fix. Its up to them if they have time or wish to. So dont be upset if you do send some cash and it still doesnt get fixed... Hes fixed a ton of stuff already thats made your device better.

Thanks Xanny
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Dont see any download link for this rom

Comment

Originally posted by Zhite View Post
              Dont see any download link for this rom
              Have you looked in first page?

Comment

Originally posted by azizlaite View Post
                Hi. I have a Mini M8S II that i have running xannytech rom, and i can update it anytime.
                Now i have bought another one, but i cant update it. Neither using the sd card method (says it cant mount the sd card or something like that, in the recovery), nor the burning tool.

Has anyone managed to install the rom, on a new box lately? If so, any tips?

best regards,
                azizlaite

EDIT: Several other users are reporting bricked boxes after trying to update the rom (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-with-nand-pin). Seems there's something different with the new batch of boxes. So caution is advised (and help, very much aprecciated).
                Very useful , but from what i see (mainborad photos) it's a totally different device now... They are totally crazy calling it with the same name.
                Anyway next time i update the first page i will post a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by jonscravit View Post
                  Pliss add RTL8723bs bluetooth suport
                  The problem is i do not own such device, so i need someone that can do testing with me, very fast and very reliable.
                  Without any help from users i cannot do nothing and i prefer to avoid any problem selling promises.
                  Then the biggest problem is the language, many users are asking for support but do not write in english and mostly uses Google translate... and it's a mess to communicate.
                  Anyway simply remember i cannot give you a "universal" rom working on all the device.

Actually i'm working on a ATV rom i'ts almost ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Very useful , but from what i see (mainborad photos) it's a totally different device now... They are totally crazy calling it with the same name.
                    Anyway next time i update the first page i will post a warning.
                    Thank you. BTW I'm willing to help if you have the time to try and make your ROM compatible with the new boxes.

Best regards.

Comment

I want to help beta test too when i manage to unbrick mine.

Comment

Thank you. BTW I'm willing to help if you have the time to try and make your ROM compatible with the new boxes.

Best regards.
                        OK so with my rom fresh installed, install THIS zip file through twrp and let me know. It's for 8723 chipset, a test to add BT drivers.

Anyway can you tell me which device are you using?
                        Can you then, link me a original FW in which Bt work for your device? I need eventually for comparative reason.

Comment

Have you looked in first page?
                          I mean the Zip version....

I have a X96 , i really want to flash this rom

*Edited : Sorry... I get it

Comment

Originally posted by Zhite View Post

I mean the Zip version....

I have a X96 , i really want to flash this rom

*Edited : Sorry... I get it
                            Be careful with the X96, quite a few of us have noted that it loses 1 gig of ram when it has the firmware flashed. There is a fix posted somewhere, i don't currently have it handy. Personally, any box that loses 1 gig of ram when it gets flashed usually means that ram is fake and such and such. I sent mine back. I figured $35 was too good to be true, and it was!

Comment

OK so with my rom fresh installed, install THIS zip file through twrp and let me know. It's for 8723 chipset, a test to add BT drivers.

Anyway can you tell me which device are you using?
                              Can you then, link me a original FW in which Bt work for your device? I need eventually for comparative reason.
                              Tried again and same result. After flashing the rom, the box doesn't even boot up anymore, so I can't access the recovery to flash the zip file.

Had to short the pins and flash the rom in the other topic.

If it helps, I do have a new box, intact.

Comment

Tried again and same result. After flashing the rom, the box doesn't even boot up anymore, so I can't access the recovery to flash the zip file.

Had to short the pins and flash the rom in the other topic.

If it helps, I do have a new box, intact.
                                EDIT:
                                i checked myself you cannot flash my rom because your new box uses a totally new incompatible mainboard...
                                So why you offered me help to test my fix for 9723 Bt chip if my rom cannot work on your box?

Probably you would like to have a custom rom that works on your device... i know how is difficult to understand... But i do not own your hardware, i not a magician, how can compile a rom or found a solution without knowing anything? No firmware, no Hardware, nothing?
                                I hope the seller that earned your money could help. I do not work for them.
                                Last edited by Xannytech; 08-11-2017, 14:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X