Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
    Sd card method with reset button+power on.
    thanks tomorrow i will do a test downloading the file from my link and check if it's a wrong uploaded file.

EDIT: i was too curious i download and installed on sd flashed... the only strange behaviour i had it's the logo distorted in after zip update, probably something in the script, but the update worked.
    I will investigate further with a personal tester and for now i will remove the zip. i'll reupload it next week for now just use the img.

Thanks
    Last edited by Xannytech; 12-07-2016, 22:36.

Comment

Prahjister
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Jister prah
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Runs fine on the TX 5 Pro too and with deep colour mode turned on it does improve the colour reproduction and quality.

It zips along very fine too and just feels so snappy and smooth.

I would say yes to integrating TWRP as I can't think of many that would not like that idea.

An interesting launcher that is quite flexible and for somebody that generally dislikes these boxy type ones, this is a more attractive proposition.

I did come across one issue though and that was whilst I was testing Youtube and went to move the cursor, upon which the bottom half of the screen went blue/grey and the cursor became invisible.

Love the integration of Xposed too.

Nice work.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

It's not about kodi. You have to change the permissions on sys/class/display/ files to 666.
            Now, i am doing this everytime i restart the box , maybe you can make it permanent.
            Thanks.
            Are you saying that changing the permissions allows auto adjust refresh rate to function?

Comment

Yes.
              Btw, did you flash it with amlogic tools or with sdcard method?

+1 twrp

Comment

Yes.
                Btw, did you flash it with amlogic tools or with sdcard method?

+1 twrp
                I'll give it a try.

I used the full image flashing via the burning tool.

Update: After modifying the file permissions I could see no indication of it working.
                Last edited by bluesmanuk; 12-08-2016, 05:34.

Comment

Thanks to all for the report

About Youtube, can you explain me how to reproduce the issue? The rom was just flashed or do you add some other xposed module or program?

About TWRP, if many of you think it's a good idea ok, i thought that someone could be scared by a too extreme change in a flash
                  i need just free time to test or some tester, actually i'm working on many things and just a device to test so if someone offer me a help i can post a experimental build next WE.

Actually what i found wrong in the zipfile script was that corrupted logo partition and act like and update and that it's a dangerous thing if someone use a different firmware from stock... not so difficult to fix, but i need freetime.

About autorefresh: if there is a clear way to activate it let me know, the permissions are simple to change building the rom, or you can use init.d i posted some message before a simple script.
                  Personally the only issue i had is about the current erogated trough the otg port (rear USB port) often my ext hd disconnec and reconnect on heavy load, but it can't be helped without recompiling everything
                  Thanks again and let me know any bug or glitch you found.
                  Last edited by Xannytech; 12-08-2016, 11:02.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                    Update: After modifying the file permissions I could see no indication of it working.
                    Weird. I use spmc 16.1 debug version and it is working.
                    Did you setup kodi/spmc to do this?

Comment

Weird. I use spmc 16.1 debug version and it is working.
                      Did you setup kodi/spmc to do this?
                      I'm using the stock Kodi 17 that comes with the firmware.

I'll try SPMC and see if that works.

Update: With SPMC there is a greater issue. Before changing permissions it will load normally. As soon as the permissions are changed then the whole screen is filled with the top right hand corner of the SPMC interface, showing the date and time and little else. I have to pull the AC to restart the box again.
                      Last edited by bluesmanuk; 12-08-2016, 18:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
                        Thanks to all for the report

About Youtube, can you explain me how to reproduce the issue? The rom was just flashed or do you add some other xposed module or program?

About TWRP, if many of you think it's a good idea ok, i thought that someone could be scared by a too extreme change in a flash
                        i need just free time to test or some tester, actually i'm working on many things and just a device to test so if someone offer me a help i can post a experimental build next WE.

Actually what i found wrong in the zipfile script was that corrupted logo partition and act like and update and that it's a dangerous thing if someone use a different firmware from stock... not so difficult to fix, but i need freetime.

About autorefresh: if there is a clear way to activate it let me know, the permissions are simple to change building the rom, or you can use init.d i posted some message before a simple script.
                        Personally the only issue i had is about the current erogated trough the otg port (rear USB port) often my ext hd disconnec and reconnect on heavy load, but it can't be helped without recompiling everything
                        Thanks again and let me know any bug or glitch you found.
                        All I did in Youtube (the standard app) was to move the cursor to scrub through the video when it happened.

I've since made a few optimisations in terms of preventing apps from starting at bootup and can no longer reproduce the issue, so unless somebody else reports it I wouldn't worry about it for now.

Comment

It doesn't work on 17 since they removed amcodec.
                          Use this spmc : https://yadi.sk/d/ReJEaYak32E5Bp

Comment

It doesn't work on 17 since they removed amcodec.
                            I would not have though that would make a difference to frame rate adjust though as it's something present in firmware that should be generic.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

All I did in Youtube (the standard app) was to move the cursor to scrub through the video when it happened.

I've since made a few optimisations in terms of preventing apps from starting at bootup and can no longer reproduce the issue, so unless somebody else reports it I wouldn't worry about it for now.
                              OK thanks.

Comment

Some Updates:
                                I got some freetime today so i checked the zip... ok i understand what appened... 7zip for a reason that i cannot understand used an old script that could cause the issue wolfynwo had.

A very but untested nice thing my zipfile script do now is to copy the old (i hope working) remote.conf from /system/etc/ copying back at the end of the flashing.
                                TWRP:
                                .... testing now but yep you need a wired mouse to operate with recovery...

!!UPDATE:
                                -img +twrp
                                update.zip are online and tested happy flashing
                                Last edited by Xannytech; 12-08-2016, 23:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X