Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post
    Got this for my sons bedroom for Christmas, flashed it with XannyTech rom straight away - but wifi doesn't work. The buyer is saying the factory aren't available to get firmware from.

Here is the PCB, I read somewhere that due to shortage, the factory may have used AP6212A wifi chip (instead of AP6212).

Can anyone help? This box is too far to ethernet.
    wifi repeater or powerline adapter ?

Comment

Originally posted by KodiLoaded View Post
      Firmware runs great with one exception, I have tried it son several nexbox models and the remote.conf works for everything except you cannot turn the box on with the remote ! Big problem.
      EDIT
      Bluetooth is also porked
      First of all I'd like to thank you for the excellent job. ROM fixed a lot of issues, clean and fast.

Unfortunately I have the same problem - can't Power On from the remote. I also noticed that Power Button icon disappeared from the Settings window. Power button is shutting down box, but nothing happened if I try to turn it back on, had to unplug/plug power cable. I used "image load via USB port" for XannyTech ROM installation, box is TX5 Pro

I reverted back to stock ROM and power button working as expected and settings are back

Please help to restore functionally, I'd definitely prefer this ROM instead of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by dssnobie View Post

First of all I'd like to thank you for the excellent job. ROM fixed a lot of issues, clean and fast.

Unfortunately I have the same problem - can't Power On from the remote. I also noticed that Power Button icon disappeared from the Settings window. Power button is shutting down box, but nothing happened if I try to turn it back on, had to unplug/plug power cable. I used "image load via USB port" for XannyTech ROM installation, box is TX5 Pro

I reverted back to stock ROM and power button working as expected and settings are back

Please help to restore functionally, I'd definitely prefer this ROM instead of stock.
        thanks, i know that for users is difficult to understand that some of the "issue", like wifi, or power on are not bugs, the rom itself is based on a different device (Mini M8S II), so sometimes works everything perfectly on different devices, sometimes not.
        The only thing i can do is investigate, and if i cannot find a easy solution, port my rom on that device, that means mod a new fw for a different device, but it's a matter of number of users (i will not use my free time for 10 users) and my personal freetime.
        Any fw i prepare need many days of work and testing, so you can understand what means.
        Xanny
        Last edited by Xannytech; 12-31-2016, 01:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
          Kodi 17 RC is out: "we can now tell you that passthrough for DTS, DTS-HD, DTS-X, Dolby TrueHD and Dolby ATMOS should all be working if your device supports this."
          If someone would like to test it
          I try DTS with Kodi 17 RC on my Nexbox A5 (XT ROM - version 2) and the passthrough activated... No sound

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech

that's strange cause i use Netflix... and i haven't got any problem...i have to reproduce the problem myself to solve it. But anyway if just modding build.prop make it work no problem.
            If you need more brightness edit in /system/etc/int.d 05videobrightness like this:
            Code:
            #!/system/bin/sh

echo 10 | tee /sys/class/video/vpp_brightness
            Strange. But, thanks for the code. I will play around with it and see what works best.

Comment

??? i use a mx3 mouse (6 axis gyroscope) and i do not need anything to control my box, but probably i misunderstood something
              in fact i want control my m8s with my smartphone.... With an apps which can do "air mouse" like mx3 remote....

Comment

Hello,

sorry, but I have difficulties to understand the purpose of XTMOD_EX_P .IMG (it's in .7z format just for space reason)
                Is is an updated version of the link given upper :

MINIM8SII_XTMOD_P .IMG file or MINIM8SII XTMOD P +TWRP RECOVERY .IMG file ?

if yes, with or wothout the TWRP ?
                Regards

Comment

Originally posted by mallox View Post

I try DTS with Kodi 17 RC on my Nexbox A5 (XT ROM - version 2) and the passthrough activated... No sound
                  Passthrough works for me (mostly anyway). I have sound, but once in a while there a loud popping sounds in rear speakers. Same for DTS and DD.

It haven't worked right after it was enabled on the existing Kodi installation on TX5 Pro. I uninstalled/re-installed Kodi to eliminate possibility of the existing setup messing with passtrhough. At first passthrough didn't work anyway, but after 10-15 min I turned off AV receiver and then turned back on and suddenly passthrough started working. Not sure if receiver power cycle was a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by fbp View Post
                    I have difficulties to understand the purpose of [B]XTMOD_EX_P .IMG (it's in .7z format just for space reason)
                    Is it an updated version of the link given upper
                    It is an updated version based on the V109 (11/23/2016)

Originally posted by fbp View Post
                    if yes, with or without the TWRP ?
                    It includes TWRP

Comment

thanks, i know that for users is difficult to understand that some of the "issue", like wifi, or power on are not bugs, the rom itself is based on a different device (Mini M8S II), so sometimes works everything perfectly on different devices, sometimes not.
                      The only thing i can do is investigate, and if i cannot find a easy solution, port my rom on that device, that means mod a new fw for a different device, but it's a matter of number of users (i will not use my free time for 10 users) and my personal free time.
                      Any fw i prepare need many days of work and testing, so you can understand what means.
                      Xanny
                      I realize difference between bugs and limited functionality due to h/w variation or design implementation. And very much appreciate your time and effort you invested into creating/testing/releasing ROMs.

Please let me know if I can help investigate or test. I have some knowledge of electronic devices and rudimentary understanding of Linux use.

Comment

Originally posted by dssnobie View Post

It is an updated version based on the V109 (11/23/2016)

It includes TWRP
                        Thanks !

Comment

Does this ROM support USB webcam? If yes, is there a list of supported models?

Comment

I was thinking to port my rom on other devices, but i found there are device with the same name but the wifi chip is different for 8Gb model to 16Gb for example, is absolutely a mess

Comment

Hi. I have Nexbox A95x S905X 1GB/8GB and I just installed your latest firmware via SD card from Stock Rom. Installation was successful but remote control never worked since I forgot to take note of the remote sys. I would like to revert to my stock rom but unfortunately, the AV reset button does not work anymore when I hold and put power on.....since it just opens the normal way... I need you assistance. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jayort View Post
                                Hi. I have Nexbox A95x S905X 1GB/8GB and I just installed your latest firmware via SD card from Stock Rom. Installation was successful but remote control never worked since I forgot to take note of the remote sys. I would like to revert to my stock rom but unfortunately, the AV reset button does not work anymore when I hold and put power on.....since it just opens the normal way... I need you assistance. Thanks
                                have you looked in /system/media ? there is a folder "remote" inside there is your remote.conf simply replace it give 644 permissions and reboot.
                                i know it's a pain to read the first message but could be useful
                                if you want to go back to stock rom, simply reboot in twrp and install your fw (in sd format) back.
                                To reboot in twrp recovery use the reboot program built-in in rom...
                                second way to restore your fw back amlogic usb burning tool a firmware in .imf format and a male to male usb cable, you can do it yourself simply cuttng two spare usb and connect the 4 cables are color coded.

Comment

Working...
                                X