Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

which device, wifi you own?
    I have the Abox A1 Plus S905X. Not sure which wifi because I haven't opened it up to look at the chip.

Comment

Originally posted by makavelio View Post
      Can I install this with TWRP? Also has anyone got the remote.conf for Mini M8S II please? I will be coming from LibreELEC which my remote stopped working. Thanks
      I found it on this post in remote.zip. It works with this ROM

Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Are online some users with my custom and wifi chip 9377 i need a last test before i give up

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post

I found it on this post in remote.zip. It works with this ROM

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...7-0-for-s905-x
          Thank you for your help Xannytech and cjeman :-)

Comment

Are online some users with my custom and wifi chip 9377 i need a last test before i give up
            I can test for you..if you need me

Comment

Originally posted by hjpca View Post

I can test for you..if you need me
              Download these files it's a single .7z compress file but inside are your wifi firmwares files and some modules to be installed in system /lib.
              Copy the named "firmware" folder in /system/etc/wifi/ give to the folder permission 755, and give to the files inside permission 644.
              Then copy the files form folder "lib" in /system/lib/ give to them permission 644
              then reboot.
              Open the teminal app and write:
              Code:
              insmod /system/lib/compat.ko
              insmod /system/lib/cfg80211.ko
              Do not reboot!
              And write back to me results (and obviously check if wifi is working).
              That test will not harm or block your device, so it's easy in the worst case simply does nothing.
              Thanks a lot for testing
              P.S.
              I'm simply trying to force load the modules, and see if we can just fix simply doing this...

Comment

Download these files it's a single .7z compress file but inside are your wifi firmwares files and some modules to be installed in system /lib.
                Copy the named "firmware" folder in /system/etc/wifi/ give to the folder permission 755, and give to the files inside permission 644.
                Then copy the files form folder "lib" in /system/lib/ give to them permission 644
                then reboot.
                Open the teminal app and write:
                Code:
                insmod /system/lib/compat.ko
                insmod /system/lib/cfg80211.ko
                Do not reboot!
                And write back to me results (and obviously check if wifi is working).
                That test will not harm or block your device, so it's easy in the worst case simply does nothing.
                Thanks a lot for testing
                P.S.
                I'm simply trying to force load the modules, and see if we can just fix simply doing this...
                hi I been trying lots of times to get this to work..no go yet.../system/lib/compat.ko: no such file or directory..that what I am getting

Comment

hi I been trying lots of times to get this to work..no go yet.../system/lib/compat.ko: no such file or directory..that what I am getting
                  Ehm... it cannot work, but if does not exist, probably you didn't copy the file in the right directory... just guessing from ":no such file or directory"
                  if you do a ls /system/lib/*.ko can you see the compat.ko file?

Comment

I can see it when I go into system lib compat.ko file

Comment

I am leaving your file on my tx5 pro box..i will mess with it.. see if we can get this to work

Comment

I can see it when I go into system lib compat.ko file
                        i did the test myself but i cannot check if a wifi chip not on my system works, so i'm quite sure that insmod will load the modules in memory.
                        so from what i can understand... The file are not in the /system/lib/ directory.
                        Just for be sure:
                        go in terminal
                        type:
                        su[enter <---means push the key]
                        chmod 644 /system/lib/compat.ko
                        if this gives you a ":no such file or directory" ... you'll undestand that means there is no file

Comment

i just noticed also remote will not turn box back on..i had to put my remote config in to get it to work..everything works..but it wont turn on box

Comment

wish I had a spair box to give you..i will try to get one for you if your interested...

Comment

i did the test myself but i cannot check if a wifi chip not on my system works, so i'm quite sure that insmod will load the modules in memory.
                              so from what i can understand... The file are not in the /system/lib/ directory.
                              Just for be sure:
                              go in terminal
                              type:
                              su[enter <---means push the key]
                              chmod 644 /system/lib/compat.ko
                              if this gives you a ":no such file or directory" ... you'll undestand that means there is no file
                              ok I did this..i get chmod: chmod'/system/lib/compat.ko' to 100644: read-only file system

Comment

ok I did this..i get chmod: chmod'/system/lib/compat.ko' to 100644: read-only file system
                                Anyway test again insmod /system/lib/compat.ko
                                i'm quite sure you're giving command not from a root shell (or not as superuser)
                                to avoid any problem it's better to use adb shell, but i do not remeber if you have a connection of any type with your device, and from what i understand you obviously (without any offence) you're not so skilled

Comment

Working...
                                X