Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gravy Boat Captin View Post

Hello, if you could try on Xannys Rom that would be great. Im getting anywhere between DL:50 UL:6 and 100-600 ping. I should be getting a ping of about 20ms and 100 DL. Upload is reading correctly. Thanks again.
    I'll give it a try so. Are you using the Beta rom or the one on page 1 also?
    "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Originally posted by steocullen91 View Post

I'll give it a try so. Are you using the Beta rom or the one on page 1 also?
      I have tried all versions. All come with the same results. Doing a speed test outside of SPMC is fine and also correct inside Kodi 17. Im at a loss with what the problem is. Im assuming its just a bug in the beta firmware.

Comment

I have tried all versions. All come with the same results. Doing a speed test outside of SPMC is fine and also correct inside Kodi 17. Im at a loss with what the problem is. Im assuming its just a bug in the beta firmware.
        You're right. I'm using ethernet and got 137ms ping on SPMC and only 59.74Mbit/s. This is on Beta 4. This is actually very weird. Have you tried FTMC? I'm gonna try that out now and see.

FTMC got 145.218ms ping

Comment

You're right. I'm using ethernet and got 137ms ping on SPMC and only 59.74Mbit/s. This is on Beta 4
          Yes im also using ethernet. Well im glad it's not a problem with my box! Thank you for checking for me. I do not have a male to male usb to go back to stock yet, so im just making do with Kodi 17. :/

Comment

Yes im also using ethernet. Well im glad it's not a problem with my box! Thank you for checking for me. I do not have a male to male usb to go back to stock yet, so im just making do with Kodi 17. :/
            That's a bit odd though it's mainly the ping. I have a custom made USB A to A. There's SD versions of the firmware if you need to use one.

If you know how to download from this site here's an SD version: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1b0PCrc#list...ath=%2FAmlogic

Comment

Yes i found it very strange also. Thank you for the SD version. I will figure out how to use the site.

Comment

Yes i found it very strange also. Thank you for the SD version. I will figure out how to use the site.
                I installed the USB version of the same firmware I linked you to and SPMC got 21.223ms of ping. A bit of an improvement

The Xannytech rom is perfect in nearly every way apart from that so I'm assuming it's only the X96 this happens on.

Comment

I installed the USB version of the same firmware I linked you to and SPMC got 21.223ms of ping. A bit of an improvement

The Xannytech rom is perfect in nearly every way apart from that so I'm assuming it's only the X96 this happens on.
                  It would be nice to find out if other boxes have the same issue. I also love this rom and had no intention of going back to stock! I will go back for now untill Xanny has time to work his magic

Comment

It would be nice to find out if other boxes have the same issue. I also love this rom and had no intention of going back to stock! I will go back for now untill Xanny has time to work his magic
                    I know he will when he gets time. Can't wait to see what the full release is like

Comment

On my Yundoo Y6 with Beta 1, I get 82.35 down 27.13 up and 55ms ping. In windows I get 93.29 down 48.6 up and 1ms ping. Yes I have fiber. So it could be something with SPMC, or maybe something with the rom, or maybe just the latency of the processors because they are so slow and can't handle the speeds?

Comment

Originally posted by fluoir View Post
                        I changed my build.prop and now my nexbox A95x is stuck at bootscreen. I have made a backup of previous build.prop though.
                        How can I access my device please and replace build.prop so I don't have to flash new rom? Via usb cable? Or would it be possible with sd card since I heven't bought usb cable yet?
                        I haven't made a backup through twrp yet, but I don't understand how would it be helpful in this situation since I can't access twrp because toothpick method doesn't work.
                        Thank you for your help in advance.

If you put twrp on an sd card and name it recovery.img then try the toothpick method does it boot it? That's the only thing I can think of.
                        Thank you steocullen91 for an idea. However I tried to boot with sd card with xannytech's rom which has recovery.img and it didn't boot. Or how do you mean "put twrp on sd" ? ...to download twrp from somewhere else?
                        Does anybody has another idea how can I access twrp please?

Comment

Hello XannyTech,

Tanix TX5Pro wifi6255, homecinema Pioneer VSX521, beta4 via SD, my report
                          - according to the cursor position, upper or under icons partly cut as shown on those 3 screenshots paste together
                          - home screen : a lot of empty icons, maybe empty containers for us to use
                          - home screen : the picture with the hand no more there, perhaps because no more use
                          - a click on the off icon at low-right shuts down the box, but tanix powers on at once by itself
                          - after selecting tanix remote, it works, appart from on/off button powers off but does not power on
                          - after using an app on the app screen, we return to the home screen, not to the app screen
                          - bluetooth on automatically, my mouse connects, enters sleep mode and wakes on click : perfect
                          - black scenes are no more too black : perfect
                          - passthroughfix works, but no DTS on my homecinema
                          - smpc works, but must use a mouse because some fonctions can't be reached by remote control
                          - kodi17 works too, fully controled by remote, no need for a mouse
                          the best rom ever used on my tanix !
                          thank you very much for your work
                          hope this would help you to enhance your rom
                          i wish you a full success on your real life : work, personal, everything...

ps: off topic, sorry ! i would like TX5 pro to appear like a computer on the file explorer on my win10 desktop. just like my old box wd tv live did... could somebody help ? thanks.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jraf View Post
                            Hello XannyTech,

Tanix TX5Pro wifi6255, homecinema Pioneer VSX521, beta4 via SD, my report
                            - according to the cursor position, upper or under icons partly cut as shown on those 3 screenshots paste together
                            - home screen : a lot of empty icons, maybe empty containers for us to use
                            - home screen : the picture with the hand no more there, perhaps because no more use
                            - a click on the off icon at low-right shuts down the box, but tanix powers on at once by itself
                            - after selecting tanix remote, it works, appart from on/off button powers off but does not power on
                            - after using an app on the app screen, we return to the home screen, not to the app screen
                            - bluetooth on automatically, my mouse connects, enters sleep mode and wakes on click : perfect
                            - black scenes are no more too black : perfect
                            - passthroughfix works, but no DTS on my homecinema
                            - smpc works, but must use a mouse because some fonctions can't be reached by remote control
                            - kodi17 works too, fully controled by remote, no need for a mouse
                            the best rom ever used on my tanix !
                            thank you very much for your work
                            hope this would help you to enhance your rom
                            i wish you a full success on your real life : work, personal, everything...

ps: off topic, sorry ! i would like TX5 pro to appear like a computer on the file explorer on my win10 desktop. just like my old box wd tv live did... could somebody help ? thanks.
                            Jraf thanks a lot and i hope you'll not misunderstand my following words, but honestly i have to tell you, there are functions called settings, if you use them you can configure for example SPMC to use Confluence skin, using squarehome setting you can set you home as my screenshot in the first page... and so on.

Thanks a lot for your reporting anyway , but what i wrote is not just for you, please use settings and set the apps.
                            I cannot preset Squarehome, but anyway i will do something for SPMC because many simple do not know how to use an app.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Jraf thanks a lot and i hope you'll not misunderstand my following words, but honestly i have to tell you, there are functions called settings, if you use them you can configure for example SPMC to use Confluence skin, using squarehome setting you can set you home as my screenshot in the first page... and so on.

Thanks a lot for your reporting anyway , but what i wrote is not just for you, please use settings and set the apps.
                              I cannot preset Squarehome, but anyway i will do something for SPMC because many simple do not know how to use an app.
                              No problem ! i'am a rookie and confess i don't really understand what is done here. rom ? read only memory... certainly another use here ! i used to be a chemist...
                              did not try to config smpc, because kodi17 works without configuring anything apart language et local settings.and it's enough for my use.
                              i tried to solve the problem with the home page configuring squarehome but did not succed. but again, it does not bother me. i thought it was a bug, so i reported it. not a bug, i'll give a try to config again, much harder this time.
                              my real goal is to view easily my movies. much easier than my (lot of ) bluerays, with all those manipulations and unskipable advertisings.
                              it was effortless with wd tv live, but this box is unable to read H/265. so i bought the tanix, and problems with sound, problems with video, problems...
                              but with your rom it becomes to be effortless again, thank you.

Comment

Just found this https://androidtvbox.eu/new-firmware...v-box-release/ dated as 1st of february.

Comment

Working...
                                X