Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fluoir View Post

Thank you for helping me with this....I have nexbox a95x 1g/8g and xannytech's rom (BETA4 .ZIP) ...
    Download the official twrp app from the play store then download reboot recovery. Flash that recovery using the twrp app then use reboot rcovery and it will boot into twrp. If not then use this recovery and flash it instead http://konstakang.com/devices/nexbox_a95x/TWRP/

You need to use reboot recovery on the xannytech rom for some reason if your toothpick method won't work.
    "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Originally posted by steocullen91 View Post

Ok then try downloading the official twrp app from the play store and then flash the recovery.img I linked you to instead (you'll have to put it somewhere on the system storage then use twrp to flash it)

Then download reboot recovery and while the system is on run reboot recovery it's also on the play store.

Links to apk files in case:
      http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/team-wi...-apk-download/
      http://www.apkreleases.com/2014/12/1...download-link/

If that still doesn't work try this recovery image instead http://konstakang.com/devices/nexbox_a95x/TWRP/

Download the official twrp app from the play store then download reboot recovery. Flash that recovery using the twrp app then use reboot rcovery and it will boot into twrp. If not then use this recovery and flash it instead http://konstakang.com/devices/nexbox_a95x/TWRP/

You need to use reboot recovery on the xannytech rom for some reason if your toothpick method won't work.
      I think you are right and it is safe to say that toothpick method doesn't work on my box with xannytech's rom ... but I don't understand how am I supposed to use the reboot recovery or the official twrp app, when I can't boot into system nor twrp recovery....? I am stuck at boot logo loading.
      I also tried this(both img's): http://konstakang.com/devices/nexbox_a95x/TWRP/ and it didn't work either...

Comment

I think you are right and it is safe to say that toothpick method doesn't work on my box with xannytech's rom ... but I don't understand how am I supposed to use the reboot recovery or the official twrp app, when I can't boot into system nor twrp recovery....? I am stuck at boot logo loading.
        I also tried this(both img's): http://konstakang.com/devices/nexbox_a95x/TWRP/ and it didn't work either...
        Try to flash this zip you should be able to go back to stock

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Try to flash this zip you should be able to go back to stock
          Just tried...it didn't work either

Comment

Just tried...it didn't work either
            I posted this 2 pages ago, can you please do this.

We've noticed that some of the newer A95X boxes are being bricked. I bricked 3 out of 4. Uncertain if they changed the bootloader or what but if you can, can you please take your case off and look at the motherboard.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...d-update/page2

02-06-2017, 11:46
            Ive noticed that all of the new a95x's that I have that won't update with a custom ROM have an R4 in a circle on the bottom of the box right under the rom size. R4 also appears on the bottom of the packaging. The build date is also 12/30/2016. Can anyone else confirm?
            Last edited by Rccm1112; 02-07-2017, 07:17.

Can you confirm this?? Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post

I posted this 2 pages ago, can you please do this.

We've noticed that some of the newer A95X boxes are being bricked. I bricked 3 out of 4. Uncertain if they changed the bootloader or what but if you can, can you please take your case off and look at the motherboard.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...d-update/page2

02-06-2017, 11:46
              Ive noticed that all of the new a95x's that I have that won't update with a custom ROM have an R4 in a circle on the bottom of the box right under the rom size. R4 also appears on the bottom of the packaging. The build date is also 12/30/2016. Can anyone else confirm?
              Last edited by Rccm1112; 02-07-2017, 07:17.

Can you confirm this?? Please.
              Hi, I will go to sleep soon but I could look tomorrow for you. But I already have perfectly working xannytech's rom I just messed up build.prop ...

Comment

If you can't get into recovery you'll just have to reflash the firmware again. My box just boots into recovery when I put it on a card and hold the button but some boxes are different and firmware works different on every box. Basically firmware isn't universal so some things don't work on certain versions. I had the recovery problem on the Xannytech rom but not by default, only when I replaced the uboot with mine so my remote would turn the box on.

Comment

If you can't get into recovery you'll just have to reflash the firmware again. My box just boots into recovery when I put it on a card and hold the button but some boxes are different and firmware works different on every box. Basically firmware isn't universal so some things don't work on certain versions. I had the recovery problem on the Xannytech rom but not by default, only when I replaced the uboot with mine so my remote would turn the box on.
                  Toothpick method worked for me when I had stock rooted rom it only doesn't work with xannytech's. How am I supposed to reflash new firmware/rom ? Will I be able to do it through usb burning tool and usb cable? I am going out right now to buy a cable...

Comment

would it be possible to port zidoo a5s firmware ? very stable ..... it also comes with 9377 wifi to begin with ... fully optimized firmware if someone can port it we could have a valuable rom for 9377 wifi.....any takers ????

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                      would it be possible to port zidoo a5s firmware ? very stable ..... it also comes with 9377 wifi to begin with ... fully optimized firmware if someone can port it we could have a valuable rom for 9377 wifi.....any takers ????
                      XTMOD is better no needs for zidoo fw

Comment

well xannytech is very busy and will not port his rom to 9377 anytime soon so for now its a viable option if someone could do it

Comment

Toothpick method worked for me when I had stock rooted rom it only doesn't work with xannytech's. How am I supposed to reflash new firmware/rom ? Will I be able to do it through usb burning tool and usb cable? I am going out right now to buy a cable...
                          Yes reflashing with usb burning tool will make recovery work again. The only reason recovery isn't working is because it's universal to a few s905x boxes and xannytech can't be expected to recompile it for every single box with different uboot and recovery images and remote.conf files etc.

A stock rom will fix your recovery but flashing with usb burning tool will make you lose your data unfortunately.

I have no problem testing roms or helping people try fix stuff like that, but I have an x96 and nexbox apparently have a few different board revisions meaning they can have different bootloaders etc.
                          Basically if you have different hardware than me your mileage may vary. However most s905x boxes can use the same firmware as the first post says. I think nexbox is just different with all the different hardware used.

Even xannytech himself can only test with the hardware he has and free time when he isn't busy and feels like it

Comment

Yes reflashing with usb burning tool will make recovery work again. The only reason recovery isn't working is because it's universal to a few s905x boxes and xannytech can't be expected to recompile it for every single box with different uboot and recovery images and remote.conf files etc.

A stock rom will fix your recovery but flashing with usb burning tool will make you lose your data unfortunately.

I have no problem testing roms or helping people try fix stuff like that, but I have an x96 and nexbox apparently have a few different board revisions meaning they can have different bootloaders etc.
                            Basically if you have different hardware than me your mileage may vary. However most s905x boxes can use the same firmware as the first post says. I think nexbox is just different with all the different hardware used.

Even xannytech himself can only test with the hardware he has and free time when he isn't busy and feels like it
                            Ok... one last thing I wanna ask is, if I can flash twrp recovery through usb burning tool or I should rather flash my stock firmware? (because Kuno was mentioning here that he bricked few boxes) So if I can flash twrp recovery through usb I want to be sure it is safe, otherwise it is not worth it if i can brick my box, and I would rather loose all my settings and apps and configure everything again...

Comment

USB burning tool wouldn't allow me to flash a recovery image, only a full ROM.

Comment

My mini m8s 2 box is bricked, USB burning tool always fails at 9%. I have tried everything, 3 different cables, different versions of USB burning tool but still the burn always fails.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X