Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steocullen91 View Post

What you can do is get amlogic customization tool and take the uboot from the other firmware and put it into that one. I made a little guide about how to do it a few pages back on this thread. That makes the remote power it on again.

It's on page 61
    Perfect, i will try this evening, one question though, after creating the new ROM with uboot can i upgrade on top of my other Xanny Rom using Toothpick option or using Terminal emulator with Reboot update option ? so that i can keep my apps and data, mainly Kodi data as it takes solid 30-45 mins even with restore option, the new Kodi 17 needs you to manually enable the Addons and Repository one by one and thats a pain.

Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post

Perfect, i will try this evening, one question though, after creating the new ROM with uboot can i upgrade on top of my other Xanny Rom using Toothpick option or using Terminal emulator with Reboot update option ? so that i can keep my apps and data, mainly Kodi data as it takes solid 30-45 mins even with restore option, the new Kodi 17 needs you to manually enable the Addons and Repository one by one and thats a pain.

Please advise.
      I actually havent used kodi 17 yet I could never get my addons to work for me. You can't install it over it you'll have to use usb burning tool unfortunately but I did see another user on here a couple of weeks back saying to use titanium backup from the play store so you can restore your data if that helps.
      "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

I actually havent used kodi 17 yet I could never get my addons to work for me. You can't install it over it you'll have to use usb burning tool unfortunately but I did see another user on here a couple of weeks back saying to use titanium backup from the play store so you can restore your data if that helps.
        Titanium not backing up data, it only backups the app and system files, i will try flash method anyways, thanks for your help

Comment

@ssarava9
          kodi backup steps:
          Go to android/data/ on sd card and have show hidden files on
          Zip this folder org.xbmc.kodi
          Copy it in a cloud or on stick
          kodi recover backup steps is the reverse order .
          Enjoy.

Comment

Or just install SD card wizard and use it to backup It will also save all your custom repos and stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post
              Or just install SD card wizard and use it to backup It will also save all your custom repos and stuffs.
              Thanks, compressed the entire folder and restored, works great, thanks to both

Comment

I believe the latest Xanny build still have the Power on issue, anyone successful getting power on from remote for Nexbox A95x ?

Comment

I believe the latest Xanny build still have the Power on issue, anyone successful getting power on from remote for Nexbox A95x ?
                  to be more precise, it's not an issue. Simply my custom is not built for nexbox, but for Mini M8S II , it's a plus that works on different systems.

Comment

Why does everyone want to turn their boxes off? These things only use 5 watts of power at most. Leaving them on uses less power than your microwave's clock. And besides, the mod is made for Mini M8s II :P I have it on my Yundoo and I can't even get the remote to work even with the proper remote.conf haha. Honestly I'm just happy that my box worked with this rom!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post

Why does everyone want to turn their boxes off? These things only use 5 watts of power at most. Leaving them on uses less power than your microwave's clock. And besides, the mod is made for Mini M8s II :P I have it on my Yundoo and I can't even get the remote to work even with the proper remote.conf haha. Honestly I'm just happy that my box worked with this rom!
                      Only reason to turn off the device is to stop running my External hard disk continuously, i have to manually plug it off.
                      I will look for other suggestion where you can extract uboot and customize this ROM

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

to be more precise, it's not an issue. Simply my custom is not built for nexbox, but for Mini M8S II , it's a plus that works on different systems.
                        I agree Xanny and thanks a million for this Rom, the fastest ROM that i came across, people always ask for more when you already have more than great ;-)
                        I will wait for your next release by end of March

Comment

You can do little tweaks here and there to make it work properly on your box. I do agree it's the fastest i've seen on these boxes

The uboot change will fix the remote power on if you do it. It's actually easy enough.

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Xannytech if you don't mind me asking does that high ping happen to you in SPMC on a speed test on your Mini M8S II also? Either way would it actually effect streaming quality like have to keep stopping to buffer etc?
                          "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

You can do little tweaks here and there to make it work properly on your box. I do agree it's the fastest i've seen on these boxes

The uboot change will fix the remote power on if you do it. It's actually easy enough.

Xannytech if you don't mind me asking does that high ping happen to you in SPMC on a speed test on your Mini M8S II also? Either way would it actually effect streaming quality like have to keep stopping to buffer etc?
                            honestly never tested, but when i came back full time we can do some experiment togheter

Comment

It has definitely effected my x96 enough to switch to Kodi 17 for the time being. I have not noticed buffering on steams but menus have been extra slow and sometimes hangging on searching with online based addons.

Comment

When i see post like above i have to say Kodi/spmc/Ftmc NOT YOUR ISSUE. Switching to kodi17 from spmc will do NOTHING for your wifi connections what ever is happening is not program related. I have spmc installed on 20 devices Ftmc on everyone of them too. Telling someone that switching to beta 17 kodi build helped your wifi buffering is like stating you put a new heated car seat in your car and you get better mileage now. Nothing related to wifi. Settings and use maybe
                                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X