Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    When i see post like above i have to say Kodi/spmc/Ftmc NOT YOUR ISSUE. Switching to kodi17 from spmc will do NOTHING for your wifi connections what ever is happening is not program related. I have spmc installed on 20 devices Ftmc on everyone of them too. Telling someone that switching to beta 17 kodi build helped your wifi buffering is like stating you put a new heated car seat in your car and you get better mileage now. Nothing related to wifi. Settings and use maybe
    Hi scooter, i am not using WIFI. My speedtest shows correctly inside Kodi 17. It will also show correctly inside SPMC on the stock firmware.
    Last edited by Gravy Boat Captin; 02-15-2017, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

honestly never tested, but when i came back full time we can do some experiment togheter
      No problem thanks just when you're not busy.

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
      When i see post like above i have to say Kodi/spmc/Ftmc NOT YOUR ISSUE. Switching to kodi17 from spmc will do NOTHING for your wifi connections what ever is happening is not program related. I have spmc installed on 20 devices Ftmc on everyone of them too. Telling someone that switching to beta 17 kodi build helped your wifi buffering is like stating you put a new heated car seat in your car and you get better mileage now. Nothing related to wifi. Settings and use maybe
      SPMC and FTMC get low ping for me on the stock rom so it must be to do with the firmware and box compatibility (well not really a problem since the rom wasn't even made for x96). I'll have a look later again and see what results I get or if I can see why it's happening. I know it's definitely nothing to do with SPMC/FTMC/KODI I wouldn't blame the apps and I thank all the devs for their hard work also, it's android itself causing it and It's happening me on Ethernet. I haven't really tested properly to even see what it could be because it was 4am last time I was trying it.
      "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

I want to control my box with my laptop's keyboard and touchpad using usb cable...can someone recommend free software for this? Tried mymobiler but it doesn't work, also having problem with deskdock app. When I connect my box (Nex. A95x) to my pc (windows 10) no driver is installing. From where could I get drivers for my box? Also when I open device manager my box isn't there, anywhere...

Only app that works is vysor but free version has very low resolution? Can someone suggest something?

Comment

And again in PM new users (0 messages) asking for the 9377 chip version. I answered so many time that now i'm officially bored. Probably is the same user relogged or i don't know but stop asking the same fuc*ing thing
          I think manufacturer built a working rom, no obligation for any developer to build a custom for a chip that i do not own and starting in the thread the obviuos: i want this, i want that...
          Again for the very last time i hope you'll understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
            And again in PM new users (0 messages) asking for the 9377 chip version. I answered so many time that now i'm officially bored. Probably is the same user relogged or i don't know but stop asking the same fuc*ing thing
            I think manufacturer built a working rom, no obligation for any developer to build a custom for a chip that i do not own and starting in the thread the obvious: i want this, i want that...
            Again for the very last time i hope you'll understand.
            Don't mind them sure you're doing this voluntarily. People should be grateful you shared your ROM, it'd be different if they were paying you for developing it. In fairness I suppose it's OK for someone to ask you can you do something when you get time but not harass you about it. The little problems I have are only because the ROM wasn't made for my x96 but I'm trying to work them out myself when I can for both learning purposes and I don't wanna bother the devs like yourself.

I'm not trying to start a rant but I'm just saying it's be nice to not harass these people like Xannytech that are taking time out of their day to develop ROM's and help others. You don't wanna drive them away or you'll just be left with the crappy stock firmware your box gets shipped with lol. BUT if you're patient you'll get a fully working ROM for FREE (well there's donations) if you just be patient .

Comment

Originally posted by steocullen91 View Post
              All the people who want stock remote functionality and Xannytechs rom at the same time just follow this. It worked on my x96 but should work on others as long as they're s905x

Before you start you will still need to replace remote.conf in system\etc with the correct one for your remote using a file explorer afterwards unless you pack it in using the tool before flashing, but you have to have the customization on "Set Product Information" to access the level2 folder and change it.

UPDATE: BEFORE DOING ANYTHING YOU ACTUALLY ONLY NEED TO CHANGE bootloader.PARTITION YOU DO NOT NEED TO MODIFY DDR.USB OR UBOOT.USB.

Download this : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ion-tool-2-0-7

1. Open the tool (If it's in Chinese the second tab option at the top is Language and the first selection in the drop down is English)

2. Click Load and press the checkbox that reads Replace Uboot/Kernel and click OK

3. Load your stack rom

4. Once it's loaded, navigate to where your currently loaded firmware will be located (The Default should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp)

5. There should be a folder here called level1. Open the folder, then copy bootloader.PARTITION, DDR.USB and UBOOT.USB and paste them somewhere you'll remember.

6. A. Again Click Load and pressing the checkbox that reads Replace Uboot/Kernel

B. OPTIONAL If you want to pack your remote.conf in now, also click Set Product Information(Unpack System Partition) and then click OK

7. This time select the Xannytech rom

8. A. Go to the Advance tab and click Uboot and replace the 3 files with the ones you copied earlier OR go back to the level1 folder from step 5 and replace the 3 files either way is the same.

B. OPTIONAL: Replace remote.conf in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp\level2\system\ etc

9. Press Pack and save it wherever you want (you have to pick a new name you can't overwrite a rom with the same name or the program gives an error)

10. Flash the rom using USB_Burning_Tool and that should make the power button on the remote work to turn on the box.

Note: Doing this made my recovery not work properly but I couldn't change the Kernel or I'd get stuck on the splash screen. Hopefully this helps a few people that want stock remote functionality and a decent rom and just don't know where to start.
              I tried this method with my Nexbox stock ROM, but the boot takes me to recovery, any suggestions ?

Comment

Did you try with all 3 files just in case your box is different? Also remove the sd card if you have one inserted with recovery on it.

Comment

Did you try with all 3 files just in case your box is different? Also remove the sd card if you have one inserted with recovery on it.
                  Yes i tried with all the 3 files, SD card was not inserted.
                  Do you want me to try with only UBoot file and leave the other two intact ? i will try again today evening and report out

The process is very simple, thanks for putting up for us to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post

Yes i tried with all the 3 files, SD card was not inserted.
                    Do you want me to try with only UBoot file and leave the other two intact ? i will try again today evening and report out

The process is very simple, thanks for putting up for us to learn.
                    Try only changing bootloader.PARTITION and leave the other 2 and see if that works for you. Different boxes get different results again on this due to different hardware unfortunately.

Doing only bootloader alone made my remote power on the box again. If your ROM is very different to Xannytechs then all 3 files may be making it fail to boot so it's just loading into recovery instead.

Comment

Try only changing bootloader.PARTITION and leave the other 2 and see if that works for you. Different boxes get different results again on this due to different hardware unfortunately.

Doing only bootloader alone made my remote power on the box again. If your ROM is very different to Xannytechs then all 3 files may be making it fail to boot so it's just loading into recovery instead.
                      Thanks i will try today evening and report back the results, thanks again for helping out

Comment

Originally posted by fluoir View Post
                        I want to control my box with my laptop's keyboard and touchpad using usb cable...can someone recommend free software for this? Tried mymobiler but it doesn't work, also having problem with deskdock app. When I connect my box (Nex. A95x) to my pc (windows 10) no driver is installing. From where could I get drivers for my box? Also when I open device manager my box isn't there, anywhere...

Only app that works is vysor but free version has very low resolution? Can someone suggest something?
                        How's about buying the software? The rom you have was offered to you free of charge so the least you can do is spend some money for what you want to do. Without money being spent devs won't do projects. Just think of what position xannytech would be in if he put a 5 dollar fee on his work. He'd be able to dedicate himself full time to this as I am sure it's been downloaded at least 1000 times. But he is not charging and thus we need to be patient.

the software in the play store is the same. A lot of those devs do it as their full time job. So without your support there will be no more software like what you want. Buy it. Support the devs.

Comment

Thanks i will try today evening and report back the results, thanks again for helping out
                          The option just replacing bootloader.partition works, thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Anyone knows how to add resume and reboot option when pressing power button, right now its directly shutting down the device

Comment

The option just replacing bootloader.partition works, thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Anyone knows how to add resume and reboot option when pressing power button, right now its directly shutting down the device
                            I think the power button gives out 116 #ON/OFF and you'd probably have to change system/usr/keylayout/Vendor0001_Product_0001.kl to change what it does. I noticed the MXQ s805 gives command 704 instead in the remote.conf file but setting the box to that probably won't work.

Best thing to do is use the beta 4 of xannytechs firmware from this post. That has the power off menu when you press it. Only thing is you'll have to replace the bootloater.PARTITION again.

Comment

Originally posted by jmgandia View Post
                              I'm trying to mount my nfs server from command line but busybox mount does not work. Do I need to update busybox? How? Anyone has mounted an nfs server form android?
                              Thanks
                              I'm noob
                              I've same question, I try this h**ps://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/856208/-guide-how-to-mount-a-network-share-into-the-filesystem-root-/ but cifs manger fail and SELinux seems disabled.
                              Somebody can help me? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by art4web View Post
                                I'm noob
                                I've same question, I try this h**ps://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/856208/-guide-how-to-mount-a-network-share-into-the-filesystem-root-/ but cifs manger fail and SELinux seems disabled.
                                Somebody can help me? thanks
                                Selixux disabled is a plus it's better than disabled. For the next step, ask in the forum that provide the guide... i think it's far better. Anyway my kids it's not a ROM problem so please...
                                I would not seems too strict, but this thread will become a mess...

Comment

Working...
                                X